The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Names already starting to be linked. Tarkovski is a good shout and better than what we've got. Eric Bailly, not so much! 

We could do without looking solely at cast off's from the top 6. We did that years ago with Parker, Duff, Geremi, Butt, Owen etc and it got us relegated 

• Like 5

Realistic names for January? Players looking for a move to a bigger club or players not getting game time...

GK - Pope

LB/RB - Chilwell, Trippier

CB - Tarkovski, Coady

CM - K.Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Van der Beek, Ramsey, B.Kamara 

LW/RW- H.Barnes, Lingard, Zaha, Raphina

CF- Toney, Jimenez, Ben Yedder, Icardi

Couthinho is being put about as the statement signing at the moment.

Seen Keylor navas mentioned which makes some sense, top class goalkeeper who has been effectively replaced by PSG already. 

A player I've always liked in that profile is Cavani. Getting on a bit but still incredibly fit, knocked down the man u pecking order by Ronaldo.

Trippier would be a great first defensive addition but they love him at Atletico so I'm not sure it happens. They just won the league and could do so again this year. 

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I know he's not liked a lot on here but id take Kalvin Philips. I think he will end up at city or Liveroool.

Jan though Couthinio surly? 

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t rate Kalvin Phillips at all. I’d have honestly debated having him here if he was a possibility during Ashley’s reign of terror let alone now. I simply don’t think he’s anywhere near that caliber of player, I can see it in Rice but not Phillips. 

I agree with KD that I hope we avoid just getting names for the sake of it, I have hesitation over Countinho for that reason (as mad as that is to type out) I just worry we’ve seen nothing from him in close to what? Four years? And he’d command a massive fee + wages because of his name. If we want to make a statement I feel like a big name manager is the move, then sign players like Tarkowski, Ward Prowse, Tielemans etc. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 09:23, essembeeofsunderland said:

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s game.We’re not going to win and a draw is highly unlikely but as usual I’ll be looking at individual performances,and I’m expecting some to be shambolic,and not just due to lack of ability.A booking for Ritchie is more or less guaranteed.Another second half ( possibly first half also ) anonymous display from Almiron won’t surprise me.No organisation in central defence is the norm.TOT leaving his man will be more apparent as the home team play around us.at will.A headed goal or two from Maguire will be odds on at the bookies.No shots on target could be worth a bet.Conceding 5,6 or 7 wouldn’t surprise me,whether Wilson is fit or not.The Saint may give us his best for the first 20 mins,maybe less than 20 mins.90% - 10% possession? A new low/high in the Premier League? Yep,a game I’m looking forward to with a more relaxed attitude than normal.

Can't wait for posts like this but with all the player names replaced with world beaters. 

• Haha 2

From what Mandy was saying the other day the only 2 current players who should feel safe in the team are St Maximum & Sean Longstaff. I expect everyone else to be upgraded over the next 2 windows.

Just now, trooper said:

From what Mandy was saying the other day the only 2 current players who should feel safe in the team are St Maximum & Sean Longstaff. I expect everyone else to be upgraded over the next 2 windows.

We have one of the weakest squads in the league so that won't be difficult. 

• Tom locked this topic