The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the resident mackem hiding in plain sight is on the wind up but I’d take Henderson. Decent option off the bench 

Seems like he's the perfect professional as well, for someone without any particularly outstanding ability he's a heck of a player.

13 minutes ago, trooper said:

From what Mandy was saying the other day the only 2 current players who should feel safe in the team are St Maximum & Sean Longstaff. I expect everyone else to be upgraded over the next 2 windows.

What did she say explicitly in this regard?

I would have though Wilson would be in the reckoning as well. Almiron brings the threat of pure pace and in a future side where we have more possession his tireless movement becomes a big asset. Plus when he's part of a big team he'll suddenly mysteriously start winning more free kicks. I rate Fernandez but of course at his age he's at the end of his career. Dubravka is good enough to stay for the time being and I don't even mind Darlow as backup, mostly because the money spent there would be better spent elsewhere. Also would hang onto Willock for a while longer yet.

54 minutes ago, OTF said:

What did she say explicitly in this regard?

I would have though Wilson would be in the reckoning as well. Almiron brings the threat of pure pace and in a future side where we have more possession his tireless movement becomes a big asset. Plus when he's part of a big team he'll suddenly mysteriously start winning more free kicks. I rate Fernandez but of course at his age he's at the end of his career. Dubravka is good enough to stay for the time being and I don't even mind Darlow as backup, mostly because the money spent there would be better spent elsewhere. Also would hang onto Willock for a while longer yet.

Amanda Staveley says that Newcastle United want to build a team full of stars as good as Allan Saint-Maximin.

The new Toon director says that Saint-Maximin's youthful exuberance has already made her smile after taking a look at the winger's Tweets after it became obvious the takeover was going through.

Saint-Maximin stated he wanted to see ambition at St James' Park and wanted to challenge for honours but now he might be able to achieve his dreams under new ownership.

Staveley told Chronicle Live: "He is a star. The best thing about this morning was seeing his Tweet!

"It made me laugh after the long days. We want to build.

"We have some incredible players with heart and real skill and courage

I want to see more local kids from here play for Newcastle, that's so important. We've got an incredible history of local players who are giants like Alan (Shearer). Sean Longstaff is in the team and is local. It's about building a solid foundation on every level, from the Academy to the top team.

2 hours ago, trooper said:

In  £40 million Joelinton's 76 Premier League games he's scored 6 times. It means 1 goal every 12.66 games which is a shocking record for a centre forward in any league.

He’s not worth near what we paid for him but he’s never been a centre forward. I know he’s been played there a lot though 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Tbh a decent manager might get a better tune out of him

Would be interesting to see how someone who isnt a cabbage utilises him, as much shit as I've given Joelinton MAYBE there is a role he could be ok at.. like shining our first january signings boots

• Haha 1

Don't underestimate how hard it's going to be the shift the shite in our squad. We don't have any free spaces currently so to avoid paying players to sit in the reserves it's going to have to be one in, one out. 

Gayle has a new contract, Shelvey is on £80k pw and Joelinton is fucking pony for starters. We are going to have some dead wood hanging around the next couple of seasons

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Don't underestimate how hard it's going to be the shift the shite in our squad. We don't have any free spaces currently so to avoid paying players to sit in the reserves it's going to have to be one in, one out. 

Gayle has a new contract, Shelvey is on £80k pw and Joelinton is fucking pony for starters. We are going to have some dead wood hanging around the next couple of seasons

https://www.nufc.com/2021-22html/squad.html

Reading them expiry dates on the dross is heart breaking. 

• Like 1

I don’t think the new owners will have massive qualms about just not registering some of these players mind, and I think the threat of being an unregistered player will fire them up to look and accept a move away even if it’s to a championship side. There will be some lazy bastards like Shelvey that might just be happy to loaf about but I don’t think there will be many. 

It’s also worth noting that many of these players will look a hell of a lot better under an actual football manager which would drive a bit of interest in some of them. I agree though there’s a shit load of deadwood which would become a big issue for many owners but the fact our new owners can afford to just not register ones they don’t want is a separator. 

• Like 4

With regards to BUJ7,in most games he’s looked disinterested.When he’s played as a central striker, he has on numerous occasions found himself in the inside/wide-ish left position,his preferred position from what I can gather,and still looked mostly shit.As a central attacker he’s shown no interest in running the channels.That’s nowt to do with being played out of position.How many times,in any position,has he shown no interest in getting in the box.He’s been a near permanent fixture in the team since he signed,yet no one knows why.He probably doesn’t know why.He’ll never be a Premier league  footballer.The best league in the world and he’s just about undropable.In most games he doesn’t give a toss.

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

https://www.nufc.com/2021-22html/squad.html

Reading them expiry dates on the dross is heart breaking. 

Another gift from Ashley, Penfold, and Bruce - too difficult to sign new players, so let's give the ones already no good much longer contracts so that we can sell them.  Oops, that did not work because they are useless and no one wants them on the contracts they were given.  Oh well, we now have a full squad.

That list just shows how much of a dinosaur Bruce is.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, trooper said:

Chronicle saying Newcastle could spend £205 million in the January window without breaking the FFP rules

Before any additional sponsorship deals. Considering how far we have slid backwards in that respect under Ashley there should be a massive increase in that revenue stream.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

With regards to BUJ7,in most games he’s looked disinterested.When he’s played as a central striker, he has on numerous occasions found himself in the inside/wide-ish left position,his preferred position from what I can gather,and still looked mostly shit.As a central attacker he’s shown no interest in running the channels.That’s nowt to do with being played out of position.How many times,in any position,has he shown no interest in getting in the box.He’s been a near permanent fixture in the team since he signed,yet no one knows why.He probably doesn’t know why.He’ll never be a Premier league  footballer.The best league in the world and he’s just about undropable.In most games he doesn’t give a toss.

I don't think we'll see him being undroppable anymore.

And one this is for certain, there's no way a lack of space in the sqaud is going to stop us bringing in more players.  Players will either be sent out one way or another or they'll simply not be registered.  Whatever level of spending we ever get too, I have 100% confidence that those days are well behind us now.

• Like 1

I've seen some mixed info on this FFP stuff. So yeah a lot of people are gravitating to this 200m figure because that's the amount permitted as a loss over a three year period or something, but someone posted another video with a guy saying that we could more or less spend what we want since we're currently profitable.

The logic I think was that if we front loaded the spending in year 1, the values of the players on the accounts would depreciate over 3 years and this would somehow modify our profitability. Not an accountant, don't totally get the argument, but is there any logic to that? The upshot was we could spend even up to 500m or so and still be fine.

Edited by Rayvin

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

Before any additional sponsorship deals. Considering how far we have slid backwards in that respect under Ashley there should be a massive increase in that revenue stream.

The Saudi's are starting a new airline that they want to rival Emirates etc.  I have absolutely no doubt that they will be a sponsor soon enough.

Anyone know how long we're tied in to Fun 88?

• Tom locked this topic