Newcastle club in Wales

WelshGeordie

Hi All

There's a really small village rugby club in Wales named Alltwen that was started by a big Newcastle fan many years ago. They wear black and white, have two magpies on their badge and are nicknamed The Magpies, so the clues are obvious! If you could lend them a free vote to help them progress in a virtual competition that could win them £100, they would really appreciate it. 

Many thanks 

4 minutes ago, WelshGeordie said:

Hi All

There's a really small village rugby club in Wales named Alltwen that was started by a big Newcastle fan many years ago. They wear black and white, have two magpies on their badge and are nicknamed The Magpies, so the clues are obvious! If you could lend them a free vote to help them progress in a virtual competition that could win them £100, they would really appreciate it. 

Many thanks 

Done, :good: but this isn't the most populous forum for NUFC. ;)

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That team they're up against.....I wouldn't fancy my chances if someone put a gun to my head and asked me to pronounce it correctly. :lol:

Just cough up some hockle and say “arsehole” backwards, they’ll never know the difference :good:

(also voted, the Unpronouncables are ahead, get yourself over to Newcastle Online @WelshGeordie and drum up some votes!). 

I'm old so still a bit new to the forums but thanks all for the advice. If anyone spreads the word on my behalf thank you very very much in advance! Thank you too to those who have voted, it genuinely means a lot to the area. The Magpies link might seem unusual but its so obvious when you see the kit and badge!

What has raised the stakes is that we're up against Ystradgynlais which is a major local club so a win for little Alltwen would be fantastic for the village, especially with morale low at the moment. 

We're currently around 200 votes ahead so fingers crossed we can sneak into the next round tonight. 

Thanks again to you all 😁

• Like 4

Massive thanks to those that voted, somehow the Magpies are through! We must be one of the smallest clubs to reach round 3 and we've beaten a much bigger club. Thank you all again, from everyone here. I don't know when round 3 is but I'll let you know 😁

• Like 4

There's no rich benefactor unfortunately and no dodgy Ashley types. It's a village/community club that's totally funded by the League, kind sponsors and any clubhouse proceeds. As I'd said though, long before my time there was heavy involvement from a Newcastle fan (or fans), hence the black and white and magpie theme, so hopefully a few of you will help out with votes 😁. Top prize for the whole competition is £100 which shows the level we are at! The village population is just 2,300.

Today's fixture for Alltwen is below, if anyone of you could help out fellow Magpies it would really be appreciated, thank you again. Nantymoel wear red and white, don't let them beat the Magpies! 

You've clearly got passion, so I've put my vote in. Some of those team names look like someone passed out on the keyboard.

• Haha 1

There's no rich benefactor unfortunately and no dodgy Ashley types. It's a village/community club that's totally funded by the League, kind sponsors and any clubhouse proceeds. As I'd said though, long before my time there was heavy involvement from a Newcastle fan (or fans), hence the black and white and magpie theme, so hopefully a few of you will help out with votes 😁. Top prize for the whole competition is £100 which shows the level we are at! The village population is just 2,300.

Today's fixture for Alltwen is below, if anyone of you could help out fellow Magpies it would really be appreciated, thank you again. Nantymoel wear red and white, don't let them beat the Magpies! 

Thank you for your votes, whatever the reasons 😁

Yeah it's a close one today so we're sweating a bit! If a tiny village like ours can progress further it would be massive, so genuine thanks, from one set of Magpies to another. We can't win a coin toss usually lol

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s exactly 50/50 lads- we can’t let these Nantymoel filth win, get voting. 

Ffyciwch y Mackems! 

Gutted, we're down to 49% now but it's close!!! Don't let the mackems grind us down!!! 😭

Morning All

Unbelievably the tiny little Magpies of Alltwen have made it through to the last 32!!!!! This was undoubtedly helped by votes on here so sincere thanks from us, it genuinely means so muchvto have your support. We scraped through with 51% so your votes definitely helped make the difference.

The next fixture has been announced, please see below. We're underdogs again and already struggling so if you could spare Alltwen as many votes as you can we really would appreciate it. 

Many thanks again

From the Magpies of Alltwen

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You realise at this stage that if you just asked everyone who has voted to donate 5p instead then you’d have much more than £100. ;) 

What’s important here is that we beat the Welsh mackems, Nantymoel, the filthy touchers. 

• Haha 2

😂 You're right but it's more about a tiny village club competing (virtually) with the big boys. They do a lot for the community and it would be great if they got something back, even if it's just a few quid and a bit of publicity. To get to the last 32 is fantastic but if we can push again to beat Severn Sisters it would be remarkable. Genuine, genuine thanks again to those that help the Magpies of Alltwen 🙏

Incredibly, the little minnows of Alltwen are through to the last 16!!! It's like a non-league side pushing for the FA Cup quarters. Somehow we turned the tide against strong Seven Sisters support and sneaked through again. We all really value all the votes that we've had to date but if you could help us Magpies in today's battle against a very well supported Bonymaen it would mean the World to us. This is by far our toughest test but fingers crossed, Magpies don't give up 🙏

Many many thanks again