Team -v- Depor

Barney

Haven't seen a topic on it so far. I've also thrown in a little article from a Taylor interview off .co.uk about the match tonight, and new signings-Emre/Parker and drunky.

Anyways, I dunno how fit Emre/Parker are, but ideally I'd like to see this formation.

-------------Given------------------

Carr-Taylor-Boumsong-Babayaro

----Jenas---Parker---Emre--------

Milner---------------------N'Zogbia

-------------Shearer----------------

I put JJ in just to hopefully dispell rumours of an Arsenal move, I do feel that Bowyer will start the game after his performance in the 1st leg.

Hope to see Shola get a run out at some stage as well.

Has Dyer any chance of a run out>?

Taylor Wants A Shut Out

STEVEN Taylor is determined to help United keep a clean sheet this evening as he bids to cling onto his first-team place.

The 19-year old has played in all three Intertoto Cup matches so far this summer, but with new signing Craig Moore breathing down his neck he knows he will have to stay on his toes to remain in the side.

Taylor said: "Moore captained Australia and brings a lot of experience.

"He's what the club needs. Competition is going to be good for the defence and personally I've now got three top quality players to look up to in Boumsong, Titus and Craig Moore.

"I've trained with Moore a couple of times and he's good to talk to. I need that.

"I know it's going to be even more difficult for me, so when I do get chances I've got to put in performances and give the manager a headache."

Steven is looking forward to this evening's game against Deportivo La Coruna, and knows just how important it would be to have UEFA Cup football back at Gallowgate next season.

He added: "It's big for this football club. We're a massive football club.

"Look at the latest couple of players - Emre and Scott Parker.

"They're two fantastic signings and if we get into the UEFA Cup then more will follow.

"It's a big game and it's one we're looking forward to. Hopefully we can win and see where we got from there.

"We've got top quality players in the dressing room and there's no reason why we can't go out there and win it. A 1-0 would be fantastic for us.

"We've got the players to keep and clean sheet, and the confidence in ourselves that we can score at the other end.

"The main priority is to keep a clean sheet. If we do that, we'll be happy. Then it's down to the rest to score a goal."

Taylor, meanwhile, is backing new midfielders Scott Parker and Emre to make an immediate impact if, as expected, they are handed their debuts against the Estadio Riazor outfit.

"Scott has unbelievable in training, absolutely fantastic," added Taylor.

"He's a great ball-winner and he's able to keep the ball so well.

"He's very comfortable in possession. He's always talking and that's what we need.

"Emre's very sharp, he's a very good passer of the ball and he gets stuck in as well. If they do play, they're two players who will stand out a lot.

"They've been fantastic in training over the past week."

Edited by Barney

Wow, Elliott. Top notch. Look out Europe!

Seriously though, Taylor is a friggin' legend. I hope our new defensive acquisition, Tippsy McStagger doesn't make him shit.

Yeah, and Carr's a doubt so we're looking at Ramage on the other side.

Hope this kid we're trialling from PSG is actually decent, anyone know anything about him? Jean Hugues Ateba.

From UEFA.com

A tireless worker, Jean-Hugues Ateba started his career as a defensive midfield player but was converted to full-back during his time at FC Nantes Atlantique. He can play both at right and left-back.

National team

Ateba was called up by Cameroon for the first time in 2003 and believed his move to Paris Saint-Germain FC enhanced his international chances.

Club

Born in Yaoundé in 1981, Ateba was spotted by scouts from Nantes during a youth tournament in Montaigu, France, in 1997. He was quickly signed on to the books at La Beaujoire and made his Nantes debut against CS Sedan-Ardennes in December 2000.

2003/04: Ateba failed to establish himself as a Nantes regular, making just nine league appearances as the club finished sixth in Ligue 1 and reached the final of the Coupe de la Ligue. He was snapped up by Paris Saint-Germain FC on a Bosman free transfer, becoming the third Nantes defender that summer - after Sylvain Armand and Mario Yepes - to make the move to the capital.

Did you know?

Fellow Cameroonian Rigobert Song also received his break in France after impressing scouts in the Montaigu tournament five years before Ateba.

From UEFA.com

A tireless worker, Jean-Hugues Ateba started his career as a defensive midfield player but was converted to full-back during his time at FC Nantes Atlantique. He can play both at right and left-back.

National team

Ateba was called up by Cameroon for the first time in 2003 and believed his move to Paris Saint-Germain FC enhanced his international chances.

Club

Born in Yaoundé in 1981, Ateba was spotted by scouts from Nantes during a youth tournament in Montaigu, France, in 1997. He was quickly signed on to the books at La Beaujoire and made his Nantes debut against CS Sedan-Ardennes in December 2000.

2003/04: Ateba failed to establish himself as a Nantes regular, making just nine league appearances as the club finished sixth in Ligue 1 and reached the final of the Coupe de la Ligue. He was snapped up by Paris Saint-Germain FC on a Bosman free transfer, becoming the third Nantes defender that summer - after Sylvain Armand and Mario Yepes - to make the move to the capital.

Did you know?

Fellow Cameroonian Rigobert Song also received his break in France after impressing scouts in the Montaigu tournament five years before Ateba.

7077[/snapback]

I bet he's shit :lol: