Diving

luckyluke

Following Robben's histronics after the Liverpool keeper merely touched his face in the match yesterday, I am fed up of seeing grown men act like five year old girls. I know this problem has been rife for a while now but the FA really have to start acting seriously on this. Robben should be the one with the impending three match ban, not Arca.

On a related note, the linesman who flagged Arca for the challenge should lose his job. One of the best tackles I've seen all season right in front of him and the twat raises his flag!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Reina?

Agree about Robben though. Someone should really hurt him, and give him something to cry about - I cannot STAND that sort of play-acting. It's one of the few things that would make me want to take to the pitch and kick a player all over.

Yeah, I meant Reina. You're right, someone needs to teach him a lesson, it's a shame him and Essien play for the same team.

It's this 'raising your hands = automatic red card' rule that pisses me off. This isn't fucking netball.

Anyone see Duncan Ferguson on Wednesday? Now THAT'S a red card! ;)

The FA, UEFA, FIFA need to do something about it ... What ive always said about it is this:

If a player directly affects the outcome or an important even in the game by cheating (diving, overreacting etc...) and is not punished for it by the ref... Then okay he gets the penalty, he gets the other guy sent off.

But an automatic 3 match ban follows. Simple.

Anyone see Duncan Ferguson on Wednesday? Now THAT'S a red card! ;)

89774[/snapback]

if Ferguson had done that to Robben ... then there would have been serious concerns for his life, little pussy.

Can I possibly comment in this thread without being accused of being a Chelsea fan?

The ref was right to send Reina off, but Robben should have been booked too. Having said that, he shouldn't have been sent off for celebrating his goal a few weeks ago, so it's sorted itself out.

You can't raise your hands and if you do you should go. However, punishment should also be given to divers. The problem with an incident like yesterdays though is that it happened so quickly and there was a crowd of players in the way. Difficult for the ref and linesman to see exactly what happened, other than the fact there is a bloke on the floor holding his face.

Basically, we need zero tolerance towards diving. It would be great, Manure would have to play 3/4 of the season without Ronaldo.

Do you mean Reina?

Agree about Robben though.  Someone should really hurt him, and give him something to cry about - I cannot STAND that sort of play-acting.  It's one of the few things that would make me want to take to the pitch and kick a player all over.

89766[/snapback]

Robbie Savage is another....

Goes in hard and when someone bites back he sticks his hand over his eyes as though someones jabbed a pencil in there...

Fucking pussies - the FA should be awarding retrospective bookings for this sort of carry on and bollocks to this "if the referee doesn't report it, we can't do anything" bullshit...

They need to grow a fucking spine!

Gerrard versus us - why no red given the comments here?

Its about common sense - I don't think it should be an auto red - the ref should be able to see what goes on - it wouldn't take a replay to realise Robben was a cheating shit - someone should have ran over and kicked the fucker's arse.

The simple fact is, if we're honest, unless somebody smacks you full in the face with an upercut, a flying elbow or some sort of heavy object you never actually need to hit the deck, and you certainly don't need to clutch your face like a little girl and screech in "agony".

Seriously, anyone on here who's ever been hit in the face did you hit the deck or roll around on the ground, did you bollocks and thats a proper hit. If somebody taps you with a finger or slaps you then you'd have barely moved an inch. So any player who says they aren't cheating or feignign injury is a liar as well as a complete prick.

Any players who do should retrospectively get the same ban as the player who got the red for "hitting them". The only difference is they serve their 3 matches playing rugby union where they'll encounter some actual men and some actual injuries and may come back acting less like tarts.

You can be knocked off balance by a slap but then you should get straight back up - like Bowyer did at Anfield (though in his case he was probably thinking of continuing the "Chat")

As I've said elsewhere it makes me think of blokes who get involved in a "fair" fight where nobody gets hurt who then go to the Police - shitbags one and all.

Do you mean Reina?

Agree about Robben though.  Someone should really hurt him, and give him something to cry about - I cannot STAND that sort of play-acting.  It's one of the few things that would make me want to take to the pitch and kick a player all over.

89766[/snapback]

I don't like play-acting either, but hoping he gets hurt is ott, Rambo. ;)

All that needs to happen is for the authorities to take action by awarding a red card after the event if possible.

Can I possibly comment in this thread without being accused of being a Chelsea fan?

The ref was right to send Reina off, but Robben should have been booked too. Having said that, he shouldn't have been sent off for celebrating his goal a few weeks ago, so it's sorted itself out.

89790[/snapback]

Gol, take your blue tinted specs off. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Robben should get a damn sight more than a booking, the conniving little cnut. Until blatant cheating like this is punished with the severity it deserves then it will continue to be commonplace.

I don't think Reina should have been sent off - it wasn't even a slap, he just placed his palm on the guy's face as he told him to foxtrot oscar. Violent conduct my arse.

Yeah yeah, I know, 'raising your hands' and all that. ;)

Wait a sec, what's this in Benitez's inteeview about seeing him in hospital? Was he making some cheeky comment? Because if so I can only say good on him really. Robben must really be wasting the staff's time at the hospital after being pinched in the cheek... or was it the sheer power from Reina's brutal push that wounded him?

89790[/snapback]

Robben should get a damn sight more than a booking, the conniving little cnut. Until blatant cheating like this is punished with the severity it deserves then it will continue to be commonplace.

I don't think Reina should have been sent off - it wasn't even a slap, he just placed his palm on the guy's face as he told him to foxtrot oscar. Violent conduct my arse.

89903[/snapback]

That the best you can do then? Because it's fucking boring tbh.

The point I'm making is the referee followed the laws of the game in both instances. The red card for Reina was right.

89790[/snapback]

89903[/snapback]

Bloody hell. Good post.

89790[/snapback]

89903[/snapback]

Bloody hell. Good post.

89921[/snapback]

This sort of thing is EXACTLY what the TV/video cameras should be used to pick up and dish out justice for.

When players are shown they will get a good long ban, and they can't dispute it when its on camera, it will soon stop.

89790[/snapback]

Yeah yeah, I know, 'raising your hands' and all that. :D

89903[/snapback]

Bloody hell. Good post.

89921[/snapback]

This sort of thing is EXACTLY what the TV/video cameras should be used to pick up and dish out justice for.

When players are shown they will get a good long ban, and they can't dispute it when its on camera, it will soon stop.

89922[/snapback]

Exactly. Although to be honest, it would be a laugh seeing Rambo zoom onto the pitch and try to 'kick a player all over'. ;)

89790[/snapback]

Yeah yeah, I know, 'raising your hands' and all that. :blush:

89903[/snapback]

Bloody hell. Good post.

89921[/snapback]

89922[/snapback]

Exactly. Although to be honest, it would be a laugh seeing Rambo zoom onto the pitch and try to 'kick a player all over'. ;)

89923[/snapback]

You're Rambo mate - don't nick my insults. :D

rambo2-03.jpg

"God didn't make HTL. I did." <_<

Someone sent a text to talksport this afternoon suggesting a 'pink card' for girly behavior (diving, play-acting, feining injury, trying to get someone booked etc)

two pink cards = one yellow card

Genius!

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

89790[/snapback]

89903[/snapback]

That the best you can do then? Because it's fucking boring tbh.

The point I'm making is the referee followed the laws of the game in both instances. The red card for Reina was right.

89918[/snapback]

The 'raise your hands' law is a load of shite. Look at what Reina did, tell me honestly, is that 'violent conduct'?

Your comments justifying Robben going unpunished because he was sent off before (within the 'laws of the game' btw) smack of a Chelsea apologist. It has not 'evened itself out', tell that to Liverpool who probably will be without their first choice keeper for three games now. Robben should recieve a similar punishment if we ever want to get rid of this kind of thing, not have excuses made for him.

Robben should have been booked, Reina should have been sent off. Incidentally, isn't it a bit ironic for Spaniards (Reina, Benitez) to have a go at players for diving?

Edited by alex

Robben should have been booked, Reina should have been sent off. Incidentally, isn't it a bit ironic for Spaniards (Reina, Benitez) to have a go at players for diving?

90082[/snapback]

So how come nobody is calling you a Chelsea fan then?