Diving

luckyluke

Robben should have been booked, Reina should have been sent off. Incidentally, isn't it a bit ironic for Spaniards (Reina, Benitez) to have a go at players for diving?

90082[/snapback]

So how come nobody is calling you a Chelsea fan then?

90121[/snapback]

Because, unlike you, I'm not :D

;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'raise your hands' law is a load of shite. Look at what Reina did, tell me honestly, is that 'violent conduct'?

FACTALICIOUS

Raising your hands does not mean automatic red, it's a complete myth. Violent conduct is what you can get sent off for, that's also why Robben went down like a cheap whore, because had he not, Reina could not have been done for violent conduct.

As for play actors, they should be given a right kicking. Until some actual repect for the officials is instilled into these money grabbing fucktards, then play acting, arguing and whinging will continue. Why can't they take a bit a lesson from the rugby lads, who have to call the ref "sir" and respect the decision made for fear of losing 10 yards every time they open their gob. Miking up the refs could be a good idea.

Your comments justifying Robben going unpunished because he was sent off before (within the 'laws of the game' btw) smack of a Chelsea apologist. It has not 'evened itself out', tell that to Liverpool who probably will be without their first choice keeper for three games now.

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. ;)

Edited by Bombadil

Just another example of the game being turned from a mans game into some sort of fannying pantomime.

90479[/snapback]

I agree. Reina was daft though, the tackle on Gudjohnson (sp?) was a booking (even though he got the ball) in my view as he took him out with his other leg and it was a dangerous challenge from behind. To then push Robben was asking for trouble. As I said though, Robben should have been booked.

Your comments justifying Robben going unpunished because he was sent off before (within the 'laws of the game' btw) smack of a Chelsea apologist. It has not 'evened itself out', tell that to Liverpool who probably will be without their first choice keeper for three games now.

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. ;)

90476[/snapback]

Despite the fact that you make it impossible for me to comment on Chelsea matters without getting the usual "ooh, you love Chelsea" bollocks, I still put my point forward.

Any other team, I'd say exactly the same. The referee applied the correct laws in both cases, despite both cases being stupidly ridiculous. It's evened itself out.

Oh, and Luke, your comment makes me think you're a secret red?

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. :D

90476[/snapback]

Despite the fact that you make it impossible for me to comment on Chelsea matters without getting the usual "ooh, you love Chelsea" bollocks, I still put my point forward.

Any other team, I'd say exactly the same. The referee applied the correct laws in both cases, despite both cases being stupidly ridiculous. It's evened itself out.

90526[/snapback]

I meant that justice is hardly been served when you look at the outcome. The only love for Liverpool I have is from just tonking my housemate 5-0 with them on FIFA. ;)

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. :D

90476[/snapback]

90526[/snapback]

I meant that justice is hardly been served when you look at the outcome. The only love for Liverpool I have is from just tonking my housemate 5-0 with them on FIFA. ;)

90655[/snapback]

I didn't say justice has been served, I've said it's evened itself out (in terms of Robben, not Liverpool).

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. :razz:

90476[/snapback]

90526[/snapback]

I meant that justice is hardly been served when you look at the outcome. The only love for Liverpool I have is from just tonking my housemate 5-0 with them on FIFA. :lol:

90655[/snapback]

I didn't say justice has been served, I've said it's evened itself out (in terms of Robben, not Liverpool).

90680[/snapback]

As long as its evened itself out for Robben then that's okay....

It's not really hard to see why people accuse you of being a Chelsea fan is it?

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. :razz:

90476[/snapback]

90526[/snapback]

I meant that justice is hardly been served when you look at the outcome. The only love for Liverpool I have is from just tonking my housemate 5-0 with them on FIFA. :lol:

90655[/snapback]

90680[/snapback]

As long as its evened itself out for Robben then that's okay....

It's not really hard to see why people accuse you of being a Chelsea fan is it?

90853[/snapback]

Only because you read what you want to read.

THE REFEREE FOLLOWED THE LAWS OF THE GAME IN BOTH CASES. IT'S THE LAWS AT FAULT, NOT THE DECISION OF THE REFEREE.

For fucks sake, you're not worth the effort.

How come Alex said exactly what I said (Reina should have been sent off, Robben should have been booked) but I get accused of being a Chelsea fan?

Because I'm GREAT! :razz:

90867[/snapback]

No, because you didn't add "Having said that, he shouldn't have been sent off for celebrating his goal a few weeks ago, so it's sorted itself out." to your post... :lol:

90874[/snapback]

Ok, do you think Robben should have been sent off for that? Regardless of who he plays for?

90867[/snapback]

No, because you didn't add "Having said that, he shouldn't have been sent off for celebrating his goal a few weeks ago, so it's sorted itself out." to your post... :razz:

90874[/snapback]

My greatness is coincidental or I'm not great? :lol:

:yes

In any case, wasn't Robben celebration a legitimate 2nd booking too? And while I'm at it, I fucking hate Chelsea and always have :angry:

90867[/snapback]

No, because you didn't add "Having said that, he shouldn't have been sent off for celebrating his goal a few weeks ago, so it's sorted itself out." to your post... :lol:

90874[/snapback]

Ok, do you think Robben should have been sent off for that? Regardless of who he plays for?

90877[/snapback]

No, but I can't see how this is relevant for the incident involving Reina ...

... unless you want to play the referee's cock-up down and exculpate Robben in some way. :razz:

Thing is, amid all this talk of justice and cancelling-out, both cases arose because Robben's a cockend.

90882[/snapback]

Bit unfair regarding the celebration one imo, I would imagine he was just delighted at scoring the winner, but (I think) it's a booking, rightly or wrongly (probably rightly).

90867[/snapback]

90874[/snapback]

90877[/snapback]

No, but I can't see how this is relevant for the incident involving Reina ...

... unless you want to play the referee's cock-up down and exculpate Robben in some way. :razz:

90885[/snapback]

In both cases, the referee applied the laws of the game. The point I was making is you didn't get people complaining when the shoe was on the other foot (so to speak). The only reason I appear to be a Chelsea fan on this board is because of the high level of anti-Chelsea posting which has appeared, and I don't go along with it.

If Reina had done what he did to any other player/team (apart from Savage) then this thread wouldn't exist.

Anyway, I'm bored of all the Chelsea accusations. Feel free to continue on your own.