another bastard game of football already - Bournemouth away

Dr Gloom

thoroughly enjoyed that  which makes a very pleasant change.

just out of mild curiosity and despite the fact I know its a technical impossibility but....

anybody else think if wes brown and craig bellamy had a love child it could easily have been wor dwight?

• Haha 5

:lol: I’d say it’s fine being a smug cunt if he took the rough with the smooth, but once we got knocked out the FA cup he slipped in a half cut jab before disabling replies :lol::lol:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some lovely finishes for our goals! 

Bournemouth look terrible, from the highlights it looked as though they didn't get a tackle in on one of our players while we were in their half, every time we attacked there was acres of space in the 20 yards outside their box.

50 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Here comes the troll again...

(not my wife!)

Honestly, he’s not fucking well that bloke :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ploughing against the furrow with this comment but fair play to Bruce. He's cost me money as I had us on a good bet to go down. No chance of that now. Bournemouth are fucking terrible like. 

9 hours ago, Chaser said:

Ploughing against the furrow with this comment but fair play to Bruce. He's cost me money as I had us on a good bet to go down. No chance of that now. Bournemouth are fucking terrible like. 

I think it's fair to say we're all pleasantly surprised by our points tally and league position at this point. The wins against Sheffield United and Bournemouth have been enjoyable because we set out to attack teams and get on the front foot, albeit against two sides who allowed us to do that. What can't be understated is the influence that ASM has had lately, he's been fantastic and gives a lift to the whole side with his mentality and willingness to take the ball forward.

Of course that has to be tempered with the memories of some of the absolute shite we saw earlier in the season and how lucky we have been on so many occasions.

If Mike Ashley still owns us next season then I don't think there will be any clamour to get rid of Bruce. If this takeover goes through then we'll still obviously need an upgrade on Bruce and I think he'll leave with no hard feelings towards him from the fans.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rayvin said:

From the Guardian's MBM:

I’m so pleased for Steve Bruce, who was the subject of some disgraceful ridicule earlier in the season. First he stabilised Newcastle defensively; now he has got them playing some lovely attacking football.

NO HE FUCKING HASN'T!! How, how, how can they type this shit out??

I may be remembering this wrong but didnt Bruce destabilise us by abandoning Rafas system and then stabilise us by going back to it?  And even then we only ground out some results thru massive amounts of luck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I may be remembering this wrong but didnt Bruce destabilise us by abandoning Rafas system and then stabilise us by going back to it?  And even then we only ground out some results thru massive amounts of luck

Pfft don't bring facts into this!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I think it's fair to say we're all pleasantly surprised by our points tally and league position at this point. The wins against Sheffield United and Bournemouth have been enjoyable because we set out to attack teams and get on the front foot, albeit against two sides who allowed us to do that. What can't be understated is the influence that ASM has had lately, he's been fantastic and gives a lift to the whole side with his mentality and willingness to take the ball forward.

Of course that has to be tempered with the memories of some of the absolute shite we saw earlier in the season and how lucky we have been on so many occasions.

If Mike Ashley still owns us next season then I don't think there will be any clamour to get rid of Bruce. If this takeover goes through then we'll still obviously need an upgrade on Bruce and I think he'll leave with no hard feelings towards him from the fans.

We played some atrocious football earlier in the season and I remember wondering how the fuck we won some games, we were so fortunate at times.

But Bruce has done much better than I thought he would. He deserves some credit - the players are working hard for him - and he has stumbled upon a better formation with Almiron in a central position, where he looks much more dangerous.

ASM has been head and shoulders above the rest. An absolutely brilliant buy - every bit as good as Joelinton has been shite. We would probably be in the relegation mix without him

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

The same twat at the Guardian spouting that shite probably criticised Rafa for being too defensive 

Rob-Smyth-003.jpg?width=140&height=140&q

'Who are you calling a twat?'

• Haha 3

Wonderful to watch an enjoyable Newcastle game for once, great goals too. Thought Almiron's was lush in particular. 

No doubt Bruce on the whole has done better than we expected. How that can lead to some people comparing him to Rafa or wanting him to stay if we become the richest club in he world is beyond me.

Give him enough time and Im still pretty sure he'll take us down.

• Like 2