another bastard game of football already - Bournemouth away

Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, Kitman said:

I may be remembering this wrong but didnt Bruce destabilise us by abandoning Rafas system and then stabilise us by going back to it?  And even then we only ground out some results thru massive amounts of luck

Aye. We’ve gone 4 at the back against Sheff UTD and Bournemouth and won twice against shit teams. The media are banging on like he’s turned into Guardiola. Conveniently forgetting the fucking horror show that was the City game on Sunday. 

Luke Edwards is now using this as a stick to beat NUFC fans who were sad at Rafa leaving with. 

50 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I think the players prefer Bruce to Rafa. 

Some of them do according someone I know who is reasonably ITK. It’s, unsurprisingly, the ones more concerned about being able to do what the fuck they want in their spare time etc, as opposed to the ones bothered about their development as professional footballers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye. We’ve gone 4 at the back against Sheff UTD and Bournemouth and won twice against shit teams. The media are banging on like he’s turned into Guardiola. Conveniently forgetting the fucking horror show that was the City game on Sunday. 

Luke Edwards is now using this as a stick to beat NUFC fans who were sad at Rafa leaving with. 

Like you mentioned before he’s got a bizarre relationship given he’s a NE correspondent and were the biggest club in the area. Pretty much all of his own making as well 

It’s only a ‘contentious’ issue for people on the wind up and those who know fuck all about football (or both in a lot of cases). Arguing he’s better than Benitez on the basis of this season is a bit like saying Pardew’s better than both because he got us to 5th. 

• Like 1

“Bruce deserves credit” is such an ambiguous & meaningless statement given how temperamental a manager he is. 

Rafa had a system which he worked at meticulously every game & a plan to go forward in the long term. He was also loyal to the club (against all the odds), recognised its potential & was inspirational when talking about it.

Bruce, a much as he can be a laugh, is a chancer.

”Newcastle United is not a stepping stone” - Rafa

”At Newcastle we’ll always be looking over our shoulders” - Bruce 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Like you mentioned before he’s got a bizarre relationship given he’s a NE correspondent and were the biggest club in the area. Pretty much all of his own making as well 

He was OK iirc up until all that takeover talk last year, just before Rafa left.  Think he was on some work trip to China and was totally out of the loop on all the rumours, seemed to lost the plot shortly after that.

• Like 2

It’s fucking perfect for him if the takeover goes through tbh. On paper he’s done an excellent job (if you don’t dig too deep). Under Ashley you know it’s going south sooner rather than later. It’s highly unlikely the new owners would stick with him and he’d be palpably out of his depth if they did. If they come in and replace him he moves on with a fat payoff and his reputation intact. I don’t think anyone would particularly begrudge him that either. Except the mackems and every  club he’s ever done the dirty on (so fucking loads of people :lol: ). Not many Newcastle fans though 

Edited by Alex

2 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

He was OK iirc up until all that takeover talk last year, just before Rafa left.  Think he was on some work trip to China and was totally out of the loop on all the rumours, seemed to lost the plot shortly after that.

Tbh I couldn’t have pinpointed it like that but he seemed generally alright until relatively recently. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbh I couldn’t have pinpointed it like that but he seemed generally alright until relatively recently. 

Think that's why it stuck in my head for some reason, he was pretty ok for the most part.  Not the first person to have some kind of breakdown on social media I guess ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Some of them do according someone I know who is reasonably ITK. It’s, unsurprisingly, the ones more concerned about being able to do what the fuck they want in their spare time etc, as opposed to the ones bothered about their development as professional footballers. 

Can’t think who you mean…

image-4-for-paper-pics-08-01-2010-galler

So you think fans shouldn’t want him back because he did something you admit anyone else would do under similar circumstances? That makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts I suppose. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

So you think fans shouldn’t want him back because he did something you admit anyone else would do under similar circumstances? That makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts I suppose. 

He's a two faced twat. Easy to understand.

He had no intention of staying but he played the (gullible) supporters like a fiddle. The daft ones lapped it up. 

• Jaysus... 1

16 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

He had no intention of staying but he played the (gullible) supporters like a fiddle. The daft ones lapped it up. 

Look, man -  as I’d like to think nearly everybody worked out very quickly in your glorious return to this forum - at the very best you’re a wum because the alternative is you’re being sincere 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Unlike Steve Bruce who didn’t leave a club in the shit to join us. Nor has he ever annoyed or shit all over his reputation at previous clubs by joining their bitter rivals when the money was good.

Steve Bruce, man of principle

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

You really want him back? Just ignore he ran off at the first sight of doubling his bubble? (who wouldn't tbf)

How man. Fuck Off

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Think that's why it stuck in my head for some reason, he was pretty ok for the most part.  Not the first person to have some kind of breakdown on social media I guess ;)

I seem to remember him being banned by Ashley at one stage for asking questions that the regime did not want to answer, so it does seem odd now.  

5 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Not sure where you get your evidence for the first point (although evidence is rare in most of your posts, so no surprise).

On the second point, his contract had run out and he was not being offered terms by a poisonous regime which were acceptable to him.  The fact that someone else did offer him more money and better options was lucky for him.  He is clearly not stupid.

You, however, "based on the evidence of my own eyes", are clearly a moron.

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

You really want him back? Just ignore he ran off at the first sight of doubling his bubble? (who wouldn't tbf)

If I offer an employee less wage, less responsibility and have a history of lying he'll understandably choose to go elsewhere. That decision would be made easier if another company offered him more wages, greater responsibility and a chance to build something new. 

If you're criticising Benitez for leaving Newcastle you've really not been paying attention for the past 13 years.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If I offer an employee less wage, less responsibility and have a history of lying he'll understandably choose to go elsewhere. That decision would be made easier if another company offered him more wages, greater responsibility and a chance to build something new. 

If you're criticising Benitez for leaving Newcastle you've really not been paying attention for the past 13 years.

Spot on