Oh, look - another cunting game of football

Dr Gloom

They will be buoyed by the Chelsea result. Our season is over. We’re safe, pressure is off, so they might battle harder but ASM is in great form. Hopefully an entertaining, open game. 

Personally I can't wait until the old boys club of pundits who lick Bruce, Moyes, and basically any British manager they've snorted coke and got hookers with, arses stroke out. Then again I seen Murphy and Jenas do much the same and they've likely got decades of talking shite ahead of them. As for the game I'd be very surprised if ASM starts, given that Bruce was talking of resting him for Bournemouth. ASM might insist he's fine, but given we're safe I can see the wisdom of giving him a rest. On the basis of the stats of the 'ammers game against Chelsea they weren't quite as amazing as some were making out. As long as the players don't have their flip flops on we should be able to get a draw at the very least. 

• Like 1

Jenas is alright. I certainly wouldn't be upset if he eventually took over from Lineker on Match of the Day which seems to be the rumour floating about.

Edit. :icon_lol: Well that shows you what I know, ASM starts.

Edited by Polarboy

20 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Jenas is alright. I certainly wouldn't be upset if he eventually took over from Lineker on Match of the Day which seems to be the rumour floating about.

Edit. :icon_lol: Well that shows you what I know, ASM starts.

Why wouldn't he? Best player by a mile.

Because Bruce was talking about giving him a rest, all the players are playing a lot of games in a short amount of time, and he's shown himself to be a bit injury prone. It has nothing to do with his talent as a footballer which is unquestionable.

Which is why you need a sensible manager to know when to bench a player if it's likely they are going to overstretch themselves to the point of picking up a needless injury. Touch wood that won't be the case today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Which is why you need a sensible manager to know when to bench a player if it's likely they are going to overstretch themselves to the point of picking up a needless injury. Touch wood that won't be the case today.

Is this the same sensible manager who played him when he "had a knock" 

10 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Is this the same sensible manager who played him when he "had a knock" 

Well yes, but in fairness I said you need a sensible manager as opposed to us actually having one.

10 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Player in form : Check

Player is fit : Check

No brainer for me.

So if you know a player is prone to hamstring injuries and is playing a ridiculous amount of games close together because of a pandemic, you shouldn't show some foresight and consider resting said player? Clearly there are a number of things to consider apart from form and the apparent lack of serious injury when it comes to selecting players.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

Watching the game live so we're bound to get a dry humping and ASM will pull his hamstring but at least I can watch it without that fucking crowd atmos track!

0-4 to bugeye's 'ammers.

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Clearly there are a number of things to consider apart from form and the apparent lack of serious injury when it comes to selecting players.

Of course there are, cabbage head is probably at odds deciding between a bacon butty or a keebab at half time.