Dear Newcastle

Lettucebeetu

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Really? Why?

They get on my tits a bit, too. Their strip for a start is lifting, the allotment walk, Elton John, Hemel Hempstead just a bit naff really. The Coldplay of the PL, a bit like Bournemouth. Don't hate them but get annoyed in a 'What the fuck are you still doing here?' type of way. :)

That marathon cup tie in our relegation year of 89 was fucking sapping as well, finally decided near the end of extra time in the 12th* replay by a manky Roeder OG as well. (I'm pretty sure he must've thought, 'I'm fucking sick of this shit, not having yet another replay?' and ended everyone's misery). 

* Felt like the 12th.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I mean, don't get me wrong, they might be bloody nice guys who do podcasts and that, so, y'knaa, don't take it too seriously. ;)

:lol:

Watford have just never bothered me one way or the other. They're as inoffensive as a margherita pizza.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Since it’s Watford- Elton John was asked what kind of salad he’d like. 
“ Rocket Man!”

Fuck off :lol:

I know another Elton John joke but it's too near the knuckle. :lol:

• Haha 2

There's games where your blood would get up and Watford just isn't one of them, let's be honest. :lol: Home Counties FC middling club where engaged couples who work together in accounting admin go to the games and make sure they have a pint, maybe two for the bantz. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

He’s like a candle in the wind.

unreliable

Elton's B side to that Diana tribute was also a tribute to Mother Theresa who passed away in the same week. Not many people know about 'Sandals in the bin' for some reason?

• Haha 4

Watford away was the first away match I'd been to that we got beat in. 1980 ish ?

I'd been to a few away games up until then and never seen us get beat away ( imagine that !!)

Bit of a shock to me back then because I actually believed the song..Newcastle United..will never be defeated 

oh to be that young, daft and very naive again.

• Like 2