Isn't there a match?

sammynb

My problem is once it looks like spurs are going to beat us I have such a hatred of them I just want to see our lads out there breaking legs :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Can’t be doing with Shelvey most of the time and think that actively building the team around him will stop us ever moving forward but he’s knocked some raker passes about here tbf.

You could do with having him out there if you have the quality elsewhere to maintain posession and to make something of the chances he'll create.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

My problem is once it looks like spurs are going to beat us I have such a hatred of them I just want to see our lads out there breaking legs :) 

TBH in this one they're not that aggravating because apart from a pretty lucky finish they've been largely dreadful.

9 minutes ago, OTF said:

You could do with having him out there if you have the quality elsewhere to maintain posession and to make something of the chances he'll create.

And he could be arsed in most games and was a better, more mobile player. He’s a luxury you can just about live with in a poor side but the upgrades you mentioned would / should render him redundant 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

And he could be arsed in most games and was a better, more mobile player. He’s a luxury you can just about live with in a poor side but the upgrades you mentioned would / should render him redundant 

I think if he was in a good competitive side you'd see the best of him far more often. The best of him brings a dimension that other players, even very good ones, don't have.

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Is there any defender in the squad who can defend?

Pack of cowards. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

I think if he was in a good competitive side you'd see the best of him far more often. The best of him brings a dimension that other players, even very good ones, don't have.

You don’t really see many players spraying the ball about in the modern game. Could be because they can’t and could be because it’s not particularly effective. He does have that ability but I think he’s a bit of ‘motd player’ who is easy on the eye but doesn’t do that much that influences the match. He’s never made it in a decent team and I very much doubt you’d see any top sides showing much interest in him were he to leave. So get your money on him to bag a brace in the second half 

Edited by Alex

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

You don’t really see many players spraying the call about in the modern game. Could be because they can’t and could be because it’s not particularly effective. He does have that ability but I think he’s a bit of ‘motd player’ who is easy on the eye but doesn’t do that much that influences the match. He’s never made it at a decent team and I very much doubt you’d see any top sides showing much interest in him were he to leave  

Not in England commonly, but you do see the quality of spraying the ball about with accuracy in some of the better sides. Historically Gerrard was a player with exceptional ability on the ball. I agree that you won't see interest from top sides which is down to temperament and consistency.