Plumbers

wykikitoon

Had a dripping shower before lockdown.  Called a plumber who's done some work for me before.  Then a few days before lockdown he said he wasn't happy going to houses at the moment as his wife is up the duff.  Fair dos and he gave me  a number of someone.  I contacted them, we agreed a day, then lockdown happened.  Anyways as things started openng up I contacted him, he said he was set back due to lockdown but would get in touch to agree a date.  Now can't get hold of him.  

Put a post on FB asking for recommendations, had a couple.  Called em and you just get 'Yeh mate, I'm on a job at the moment, text me you address and I'll get back to you'  Then hear fuck all.  Got a recommendation from a mate of another guy.  Called him he said he didnt usuall do stuff in my area but as I know his mate he will come over. 'Just drop me your postcode mate when I've got off this job I'll text you'

Why not just say no sorry I'm too busy?

I need my boiler servicing too and they just don't seem fucking interested in working.  

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Had a dripping shower before lockdown.  Called a plumber who's done some work for me before.  Then a few days before lockdown he said he wasn't happy going to houses at the moment as his wife is up the duff.  Fair dos and he gave me  a number of someone.  I contacted them, we agreed a day, then lockdown happened.  Anyways as things started openng up I contacted him, he said he was set back due to lockdown but would get in touch to agree a date.  Now can't get hold of him.  

Put a post on FB asking for recommendations, had a couple.  Called em and you just get 'Yeh mate, I'm on a job at the moment, text me you address and I'll get back to you'  Then hear fuck all.  Got a recommendation from a mate of another guy.  Called him he said he didnt usuall do stuff in my area but as I know his mate he will come over. 'Just drop me your postcode mate when I've got off this job I'll text you'

Why not just say no sorry I'm too busy?

I need my boiler servicing too and they just don't seem fucking interested in working.  

I fucking knew it. 

• Haha 6

Been told its a thermostatic valve. Well, possibly that when I was describing it to the plumber pre lockdown. 

I have take then. Shower head off and looked and checked etc. It's a built in shower too which is su-fucking-perb as it makes things difficult. 

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Been told its a thermostatic valve. Well, possibly that when I was describing it to the plumber pre lockdown. 

I have take then. Shower head off and looked and checked etc. It's a built in shower too which is su-fucking-perb as it makes things difficult. 

I doubt it's the thermostatic valve as they very rarely leak in July.

It may well be a burst foo-foo valve?

You need to trace the conduit back to the warp core drive to find the breach.

Isolate the water supply in the entire street, quoting the water boards rule 62B ( item 8a) to any disgruntled neighbors.

Then replace the damaged donut washer with a new one, remembering to only put 8 ft/lb of torque on the sproggle socket.

No need to thank me, just send me the £453 plus £625 for parts = £2450.09  (- 10% discount included)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

I doubt it's the thermostatic valve as they very rarely leak in July.

It may well be a burst foo-foo valve?

You need to trace the conduit back to the warp core drive to find the breach.

Isolate the water supply in the entire street, quoting the water boards rule 62B ( item 8a) to any disgruntled neighbors.

Then replace the damaged donut washer with a new one, remembering to only put 8 ft/lb of torque on the sproggle socket.

No need to thank me, just send me the £453 plus £625 for parts = £2450.09  (- 10% discount included)

This is utter bollocks...everyone knows that torque is now measured in newton/metres 🙄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

That's a cartridge then. Get the make and model number of the shower & then off to Google you go...