EPL Independent Investigation Petition

ToonFanTakeover

Completely pointless. The PL can say nothing unless all parties agree to end the confidentiality clause. The Saudi's will know exactly what is required of them if they ever see fit to reprise their bid. Getting Staveley out of the equation would be the ideal starter. 

3 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Completely pointless. The PL can say nothing unless all parties agree to end the confidentiality clause. The Saudi's will know exactly what is required of them if they ever see fit to reprise their bid. Getting Staveley out of the equation would be the ideal starter. 

UM’s owner test is made up by two questions.

1) Rafa?

2) Dubravka?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Completely pointless.

Protesting works

for example....

If it wasn't for protesting we'd all still be working 57 hour weeks

no paid holidays

no pensions

no employment rights 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Protesting works

for example....

If it wasn't for protesting we'd all still be working 57 hour weeks

no paid holidays

no pensions

no employment rights 

And now no job....

;) 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ToonFanTakeover said:

We are approaching 45,000 signatures and we are soon to be in the chronicle. We are also trending on Twitter. If we achieve enough signatures, it will be impossible for them to ignore.

Fair play to you mate, but they’ve just spent 17 weeks ignoring a £300 million bid for one of their member clubs, why would they take a different approach to an online petition?

I absolutely share your frustration, but there is quite literally fuck-all we can do about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fair play to you mate, but they’ve just spent 17 weeks ignoring a £300 million bid for one of their member clubs, why would they take a different approach to an online petition?

I absolutely share your frustration, but there is quite literally fuck-all we can do about it. 

It’s less about asking the PL to engage with us but more about forcing the hands of UK officials to begin an investigation into the EPL takeover process as this whole thing stinks of corruption

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ToonFanTakeover said:

It’s less about asking the PL to engage with us but more about forcing the hands of UK officials to begin an investigation into the EPL takeover process as this whole thing stinks of corruption

Devils advocate: What's actually the problem with the PL taking the side of the holder of the rights to broadcast their content in the Middle East?  If you were CEO of Bein would you stand idly by and very likely see your livelyhood disappear? 

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Devils advocate: What's actually the problem with the PL taking the side of the holder of the rights to broadcast their content in the Middle East?  If you were CEO of Bein would you stand idly by and very likely see your livelyhood disappear? 

Regardless, they don’t have the right to make that decision as part of the takeover process 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

UK officials have allowed more people to die unnecessarily from Covid 19 than have signed this petition. 
Why would they give a fuck what a private business does ? 

I completely agree with that statement but it’s not complete yet - This journey still needs a host of more signatures to become effective. 

it’s not just about the football club, the investment into the region would have proven invaluable to the north-east and the government 

Look, like I’ve said, I totally agree that’s it’s a pile of bollocks the PL sat on this until it went away, but I also firmly believe you’re in cloud-cuckoo-land if you think an online petition will do anything to change it. 
It’s already evident how many NUFC fans wanted this to happen, 96% was a figure I saw somewhere, Ashley clearly wants out, but no one other than NUFC fans care. 
We have a Government hell-bent on driving the country off a cliff so that they can fill their mate’s pockets-they don’t fucking care. 

• Like 1

MF is jaded as fuck now :lol:

Broadly agree though, I've never really been a believer in the power of petitions. I'll sign it anyway cos you never know but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've signed it even though I have reservations, particularly about the Saudis but I really don't like some cunts telling us what we can and can't do and basically trying to get us to 'know our place', so for that reason, I'm in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

MF is jaded as fuck now :lol:

Broadly agree though, I've never really been a believer in the power of petitions. I'll sign it anyway cos you never know but I'm not going to hold my breath.

:lol:
I’m not wrong though. 

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've signed it even though I have reservations, particularly about the Saudis but I really don't like some cunts telling us what we can and can't do and basically trying to get us to 'know our place', so for that reason, I'm in. 

Same 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

aye, signed it too, despite being of the opinion it'll be completely ignored by those whose attention it seeks.

that said, it's an admirable effort and should be applauded regardless.

i'm an old cunt now, but despite this i still reckon i could burst master's face open with a well aimed headbutt, this is the form of protest i'd prefer should i ever cross paths with him. fucking repulsive, pompous greasy cunt, looks like he could easily out smarm charlie methven!

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1