Jeff Hendrick

wykikitoon

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I havent really kept an eye on him too much but he looked good at  Euro 2016 but then again Gary Breen played like a world beater in 2002.

At least Gary Breen had his own song.

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

One member of 90’s one hit wonder Hanson already through the door, Andy Carroll setting foot on a training pitch, and rumours of getting some more loans in. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

On 8/21/2020 at 16:48, Howmanheyman said:

Fish, you're from Seaton Sluice not downtown LA. :good:

It's not where you're from, it's where you're at.

Which is Cheshire... so you may have a point.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Isn’t Cheshire Merseyside? 

Is Fish Jnr going to grow up with a scouse accent? 
:lol:

Not this end of Cheshire.

Two roads along and it would be Manchester. Foden's mother lives in the same village, young Phil bought her a house here.

Apparently we've had a few luminaries live here; Martin Fry, George Best, Yvette Fielding, and our very own Steve Bruce.

Edited by The Fish

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Not this end of Cheshire.

Two roads along and it would be Manchester. Foden's mother lives in the same village, young Phil bought her a house here.

Apparently we've had a few luminaries live here; Martin Fry, George Best, Yvette Fielding, and our very own Steve Bruce.

Handy for the Coronation Street tour as well. (Bet Lynch's leopard skin matching bra and knicker set a best seller in the Granada set shop which is cunningly made up to look like Dev's superstore and also a special takeaway of Betty's hotpot served from a 'Rovers return' kiosk after a long day walking the cobbles, I say, cobbles). 

• Haha 3

• 1 year later...

“I’d say it’s a possibility, things can change, football is crazy like that, but it’s a strong possibility.” 

“Newcastle have done really well and brought some good players in and I can admit their midfield is very strong with the additions in January. I’m not the club, I’m not doing the buying or whatever, but I’d imagine they will strengthen the whole squad again in the summer. For me, it’s about being realistic and being prepared that I might need to go somewhere else for games.”

“I’m at the age where I want to keep playing and keep going with the international side. It wouldn’t be beneficial for me to hang around and do what I did at the start of the year.” 

“It was from the November to January window where I didn’t play for two-and-a-half months, so I knew I needed to go and play games because I knew I couldn’t go from November to March without getting enough game-time. It would have been difficult for the manager here to justify playing me.”

“It was the strangest season for me at club level, with the lack of game-time I had but to come in and have the confidence in me to still perform was brilliant, I just tried to repay him [Kenny] with performances.”

“I think I have performed really well. Hopefully I will play as much as I can in these games and then see who’s been watching or who’s interested in me. That’s all I can do. I have performed really well and I want to keep performing at that level and help the team in any way I can.” 

“I went in January to the Championship and it doesn’t bother me, I have played in the Premier League for five-and-a-half years, I have enjoyed my time, had some real ups and downs but the main thing is going to the right team for me, where I can play my best.”