Big Andy's raring to go, surely this time ; - )

Polarboy

That he hasn't had a pre-season in about six of seven years is pretty fucking mad. I fear I'm so desperate for good news about the team that I might get sucked into thinking Carroll might not break down again almost immediately, after cutting his toenails etc. A fit Carroll would be a massive bonus, will it happen, yeah probably not, but again I'm that desperate at the minute.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/andy-carroll-this-is-my-first-proper-pre-season-in-years-and-i-feel-great/

Edited by Polarboy

I am one of the biggest fans of Andy, probably, but the precedents are not good.

In the last 4 seasons he had lost 83 matches because injuries. Is more than 20 per year. The half of every season injured and many others being doubt only playing 15-20 minutes. Ankle, Ribs, Achilles, Knee, different muscles... 

He has scored 3 goals in the last 3 years. 

He is 31 years old. 32 in January.

You can't set up a season with him as a 'star' player because he is not in his best.

Yes... I wish he can be good in preseason and being important part of the team, but is very difficult this happened. 

The role of Andy is to be in bench. Being one of the most important people in the dressing room for the youngs. Being a captain. Try to be as fit as possible and try to take advantage of their good times

If he can keep himself fit he is the type of player that could play into his late 30s. Not saying that's at the top level but it doesn't really matter if he loses half a yard of pace as it would to other players.  Thats completely neglecting he is made of glass of course.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

He's barely playing into his early 30's man.  On the rare occasions that he does play these days he looks a shadow of what he was.  If he wasn't here he'd have retired now I reckon.

He more or less has retired 

Aye, if you’re the sort of Mickey Mouse club that needs to lump it up to the big fella for the last 20 minutes while trying to chase a draw. That’s not Steve Bruce’s brand of sexy football though.

I wasn’t a fan of giving him a contract on the first place but I could see the logic. Having given him a chance to prove his fitness and him not really doing that giving him another year is fucking ridiculous. So, of course, we’ve done it 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I wasn’t a fan of giving him a contract on the first place but I could see the logic. Having given him a chance to prove his fitness and him not really doing that giving him another year is fucking ridiculous. So, of course, we’ve done it 

It was his failure to score a single goal in all competitions that secured the extension. 

To be fair to Carroll, ...... nope I’ve got nothing.

iirc the gossip about him was that he’s a pisshead who doesn’t look after his diet or his fitness. Add that to his appalling injury record and you have to wonder why on earth he was offered an extension. Maybe hes a leader in the treatment room....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

iirc the gossip about him was that he’s a pisshead who doesn’t look after his diet or his fitness. Add that to his appalling injury record and you have to wonder why on earth he was offered an extension. 

Mrs Doubtfire needs someone to drink with as UM only drinks at the Labour Club?