a 'project' thread...

thebrokendoll

had completely forgotten this '04 honda cr85 existed. was a bike my son bought and ran into the ground and had been dumped in the shed at the bottom of the garden about 4 years ago. the ivy had overgrown it and the roof collapsed on the bloody thing so it took some pulling out!

anyway, in a futile attempt to curb me alcohol consumption during lockdown i decided to bring it back to life. about £300 and several months later it's had new piston and ring, new bearings on crank, throughout gearbox and waterpump, all engine seals. new sprockets and chain, new swinging arm bushes, new wheel bearings and seals, new fork seals and oil and new brake fluid.... oh and most important of all... the grotesque 'ashley' graphics on the side panels have gone!

it started 3rd kick and sounds like a fucking demented wasp! might need a bit of fine tuning on the carb, once i can get it somewhere to ride it. it's got fun written all over it i reckon!

next project... design and make a frame to mount it on the back doors of the van!   :)

resize a.jpg

resize b.jpg

resize c.jpg

resize d.jpg

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2

nice! ..... very nice!

i've got an original '93 fireblade in the garage with the twin round headlights and all the holes drilled in the front of the fairing. it's never seen the light of day (or been started up) since september 2011. had a proper look at it the other day and reckon it wont take too much to resurrect it. carbs are gonna need a proper sort out as the throttle won't turn, it's not the cable. petrol in the tank has completely evaporated but there's very little corrosion in it. think it probably bottomed out in value at £1500 but know they're becoming very collectable, won't need much investment to make it at least a £4k bike and rising.

also.... buried beneath a load of old sacks in the garage i've got a '83 mtx 125 i restored about 10 years ago, last saw the light of day in 2012 in the mountains near plitvice lakes in croatia, reckon a new battery will get it going!   :)

2011-08-11 11.39.21.jpg

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

Nice. I’ve loved bikes since I was a kid but never get chance to ride them these days 

11D9092A-CB38-43E2-A0D2-55BB58977297.thumb.jpeg.0e97752d6f9bce2307e67f72adaf1a64.jpeg

You will struggle to get a project thread started on here. There’s only Fist who knows the right end of a screwdriver ;) 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

I've got a couple of projects on the go atm.

I bought this for the pipes to put on my VTR but it's too good to strip down for a parts bike so I've started turning it into a cafe racer similar but different to the following.

IMG_1443 CIMG3991

I've also got a S4R which I've modified a bit.

IMG_1568

Also have a couple of guitar builds on the go atm.

IMG_1610

• Like 2

@sammynb 

nice bikes!

had a guitar briefly when I was a kid, there's only so many times you can badly play the first few notes of smoke on the water before it gets a bit tedious, or that's what I found anyway!

that said I've always fancied making one, must be immensely satisfying playing something you've made, with the exception of deep purple stuff!  ;)

53 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

must be immensely satisfying playing something you've made, with the exception of deep purple stuff!  ;)

Mate I make everything sound like the Jesus and Mary Chain, so little talent is required!

Got to the point I wanted the guitars I had back when I was playing in bands (late 80s early 90s) but I could no longer afford them, so I though why not build them.

That said I'm a mechanic through and through and unless you can hit it with a four pound hammer I'm useless with it, so I buy preshaped bodies and necks, so it's really finishing, assembly and electonics.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It's an irregular size (5ft 8" where a normal door is 6ft 6" 👍) so I've fabbed up a "farmhouse" style door from some 18mm pine tongue & groove flooring...

IMG_20200901_211504.jpg

Look at posh bollocks here, using bog paper as a dust sheet. 

How the other half lives…:lol:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Look at posh bollocks here, using bog paper as a dust sheet. 

How the other half lives…:lol:

We booked part of our trip to Oz & NZ a few years back with Trailfinders and they keep sending us brochures that make us cry now we’re fuckin skint and  repairing our run down hovel using floorboards  😢 

• Haha 2