a 'project' thread...

thebrokendoll

so, to simplify.....

the above machine generally makes lengths of round things (generally steel) smaller round, sometimes with angles and threads and stuff like that on it.

it's fucking heavy and has got wires in which could make you go hot and stand your hair on end if they're not in their right places.

it's the latter few bits I could probably do with some help with!   :)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

so, to simplify.....

the above machine generally makes lengths of round things (generally steel) smaller round, sometimes with angles and threads and stuff like that on it.

it's fucking heavy and has got wires in which could make you go hot and stand your hair on end if they're not in their right places.

What kind of weight are you talking about? 
Could you get it out with a mobile engine hoist or a Genie lift? 

It’s a what now?

It looks like something a proper bloke would know his way around, which explains my ignorance.

If you need a good kale smoothie recipe, I’m your man. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

so, to simplify.....

leave that 3 phase bad boy in it mate

this is your easiest option, if you try to swap you’d run into problems with reversing & gearing  :ok:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s a what now?

It looks like something a proper bloke would know his way around, which explains my ignorance.

If you need a good kale smoothie recipe, I’m your man. 

You there, with the beard and roller skates, yes you! 
Fetch me my shifter and podger please, and put them down there by the Unistrut. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

leave that 3 phase bad boy in it mate

this is your easiest option, if you try to swap you’d run into problems with reversing & gearing  :ok:

cheers for that mate, ill have a proper watch of it on me lunchbreak. I'd pretty much decided that the above method was the route to take and that I'd press gang someone i know to do the wirey bits, I've got a healthy aversion to suddenly turning charred and crispy, have had since not taking a blind bit of notice what I was being taught for a couple of hours every tuesday afternoon at tech at the back end of the 70s. consequently I was happy to embrace the cross union squabbling over what fitters and electricians were allowed to touch of each others jobs..... ie nowt!

@Monkeys Fist I reckon it's fucking heavy although I can strip down the guards and swarf container etc first. once I get it homeI've got a two and half ton pallet truck to move it about, it's getting something with the height to get it off a load loader I'm struggling with!

@Dr Gloom what the fuck's a kale smoothie?!    ;)

ps.... @PaddockLad how much should I be paying for one of them magic boxes?

they seem to vary from £60 to £300?

Edited by thebrokendoll

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Can you make me 14 steps worth of banister... spindles?

And a set of stairs about 14 steps.

And install them?

They're called balusters. Stop embarrassing yourself around real men.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sounds like Fish’s lass has had to take some extreme measures 

Just need a way to go up to the loft without risking a Willhem's scream as I tumble to my death. 

Currently have the wobbliest concertina ladder ever.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They're called balusters. Stop embarrassing yourself around real men.

"stairnation.com" says they're the the same, so spindle on that, you Paddy baluster-d.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

cheers for that mate, ill have a proper watch of it on me lunchbreak. I'd pretty much decided that the above method was the route to take and that I'd press gang someone i know to do the wirey bits, I've got a healthy aversion to suddenly turning charred and crispy, have had since not taking a blind bit of notice what I was being taught for a couple of hours every tuesday afternoon at tech at the back end of the 70s. consequently I was happy to embrace the cross union squabbling over what fitters and electricians were allowed to touch of each others jobs..... ie nowt!

@Monkeys Fist I reckon it's fucking heavy although I can strip down the guards and swarf container etc first. once I get it homeI've got a two and half ton pallet truck to move it about, it's getting something with the height to get it off a load loader I'm struggling with!

@Dr Gloom what the fuck's a kale smoothie?!    ;)

ps.... @PaddockLad how much should I be paying for one of them magic boxes?

they seem to vary from £60 to £300?

Get hold of the ATO (other suppliers are available :good: ) tech department with the kW & amps of the motor, tell them what you’re proposing and they’ll spec one for you mate. You can try direct from the website or you’ll possibly need to approach them via a wholesaler. 

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Just need a way to go up to the loft without risking a Willhem's scream as I tumble to my death. 

Currently have the wobbliest concertina ladder ever.

So, reading between the lines, do you have to butter yourself to squeeze through the hatch? 

#DoubleDave

So who's reading this thread in the office/working from home, drinking a can of pop, (not peas, they're in 'tins') not really understanding the advice but then crushing the can and saying 'Yeah' in the style of a deep African American voice before checking their emails?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, reading between the lines, do you have to butter yourself to squeeze through the hatch? 

#DoubleDave

It's tight, dusty and I regret going in there.

JUST LIKE YOUR MAM'S FANNY!

;)

• Haha 2