a 'project' thread...

thebrokendoll

wife wanted a coat rack for the hall so being a tight twat I made one out of some cut up spanners welded to diamond mest and mounted it on a lush, thick slice of burr oak.

quite chuffed with the result!   :)

20220508_114812.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/11/2020 at 06:20, thebrokendoll said:

cheers for that mate, ill have a proper watch of it on me lunchbreak. I'd pretty much decided that the above method was the route to take and that I'd press gang someone i know to do the wirey bits, I've got a healthy aversion to suddenly turning charred and crispy, have had since not taking a blind bit of notice what I was being taught for a couple of hours every tuesday afternoon at tech at the back end of the 70s. consequently I was happy to embrace the cross union squabbling over what fitters and electricians were allowed to touch of each others jobs..... ie nowt!

@Monkeys Fist I reckon it's fucking heavy although I can strip down the guards and swarf container etc first. once I get it homeI've got a two and half ton pallet truck to move it about, it's getting something with the height to get it off a load loader I'm struggling with!

@Dr Gloom what the fuck's a kale smoothie?!    ;)

ps.... @PaddockLad how much should I be paying for one of them magic boxes?

they seem to vary from £60 to £300?

How did all this go @thebrokendoll??

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How did all this go @thebrokendoll??

forked out about £150 for the inverter and another £100 for an old boy in 70s to wire it up for me. initially paid £50 to someone who fucked it up by trying to set it up without changing the wiring on the drive motor itself from 3 phase to single. not a massively expensive mistake, but still, a lesson that you can't beat experience and us old cunts are probably still the best and are a dying out art.  :(

love me lathe though and an absolute snip for what i paid for it, even with the wiring. right up there with me oxford mig welder and husqvarna chainsaw as the king of power tools. wished I had room for a bridgeport mill.   :)