Hitzfeld for Newcastle

Emre

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it'll have much impact (who knows if the bloke would even fancy it), but I'm certainly impressed that someone's gone to such trouble, and it's a pretty nice looking site. Was it HTT's work?

Certainly won't do any harm at all, and if this and anything like it actually managed to get the press to notice it could be helpful.

Because if the press started making the point toon fans want Hitzfeld theres always the chance Fred will be influenced. With this appointment he wants it to be right in two ways, firstly a top class manager to turn the club around, but secondly somebody he believes the fans want and will back from day one.

So fair play to anybody making an effort to get Hitzfeld here, he'd be my first choice if we could get any of the bosses available.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

The guy may not be everyones choice, but I was impressed with this effort. At least it looks well thought out and not something chucked together like I do my bait in the morning.

The guy may not be everyones choice, but I was impressed with this effort.  At least it looks well thought out and not something chucked together like I do my bait in the morning.

89941[/snapback]

He should be, even if it's unlikely to happen. Hitzfeld said only recently that he would only start considering offers in April. He doesn't want to take on any managerial job until after the the World Cup either.

Kid on Legends now bigging him up

89946[/snapback]

Lovejoy from NO.

89947[/snapback]

I heard that and thought it might be someone from N-O ;)

Rock on Ottmar!

He's got the best track record of all the contenders I'm aware of and his wages would be a shit load less than the figures the likes of Sven would want.

My hitlist would be:

1. Ottmar Hitzfeld

2. Martin O'Neill

3. Ron Atkinson  ;)

90142[/snapback]

Big Ron speaks Ronglish as well as English tbh.

Rock on Ottmar!

He's got the best track record of all the contenders I'm aware of and his wages would be a shit load less than the figures the likes of Sven would want.

My hitlist would be:

1. Ottmar Hitzfeld

2. Martin O'Neill

3. Ron Atkinson  ;)

90142[/snapback]

90146[/snapback]

Well get him in then, no doubt on that evidence he'll be after Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Christiano Ronaldo then?

Rock on Ottmar!

My hitlist would be:

1. Ottmar Hitzfeld

2. Martin O'Neill

3. Ron Atkinson  :D

90142[/snapback]

90146[/snapback]

"Danger here...." ;)

http://www.dangerhere.com/ronglish.htm

Rock on Ottmar!

My hitlist would be:

1. Ottmar Hitzfeld

2. Martin O'Neill

90142[/snapback]

90146[/snapback]

"Danger here...." ;)

90207[/snapback]

Dangerhere was the 1st place they had Ronglish before ITV done it for the 2002 World Cup. Funny site although I haven't been on for a canny while.

Rock on Ottmar!

My hitlist would be:

1. Ottmar Hitzfeld

2. Martin O'Neill

90142[/snapback]

90146[/snapback]

"Danger here...." ;)

90207[/snapback]

haha... I had a football trainer for one season who was just like that, had his own lingo and knew every football fact there ever was.

He'd be screaming at us at half time of a game, then talk about how its the same as Whatisdopoulos did back in the 1974 European Cup, and we'd all start laughing. Hilarious.. good man.

Personally, I'd love it if we got Ottmar. Would he really want to come tho? with his record he could go to just about any club he wants to.

90626[/snapback]

;)

Precisely why there is little chance of him coming here...

Personally, I'd love it if we got Ottmar. Would he really want to come tho? with his record he could go to just about any club he wants to.

90626[/snapback]

;)

90654[/snapback]

you never know. I'd prefer to know we sounded him out and he turned us down than we just didnt bother.

Oh I agree, we have to try....

In the same respect though that we 'tried' to sign Rooney. The one think that would worry me about Hitzfeld (and I'm not the only one to voice this) is that Sir Alex will be retiring pretty soon and I'm sure the Man Utd job would be a strong appeal to him...

90626[/snapback]

;)

90654[/snapback]

Oh, I thinkt the chances are not as bad as some people make out. It all depends on which jobs are available at the time he makes the decision. At the moment there are only few, like the Real Madrid one or the English one. By finally sacking Souness Newcastle put them at the front of the queue.