Hitzfeld for Newcastle

Emre

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumped for LM, seeing that he's ignoring it :lol:

90838[/snapback]

Shepherd actually almost said that about Scolari when he was asked about him on the radio the other day. It was basically along the lines of "I've never met him, I know nothing about him".

Nice website, if a bit repetitive. Almost every answer in the FAQ is along the lines of "well he won 8 trophies at Bayern so he's great". :lol:

Can't do any harm though. To this guy, and to HTT I ask though: Where the feck were you 14 months ago!?

Nice website, if a bit repetitive. Almost every answer in the FAQ is along the lines of "well he won 8 trophies at Bayern so he's great". :lol:

Can't do any harm though. To this guy, and to HTT I ask though: Where the feck were you 14 months ago!?

90862[/snapback]

I think HTT is the source of the rumour that Hitzfeld applied for the job last time, which I have told him several times that I think it is totally bollocks.

The focus on his spell with Bayern is not very clever as you can arguably say that his greater success was the work he did with Dortmund which rather qualifies him for the Toon job than his time at a club which already was a European force.

90862[/snapback]

A quick glance revealed misuse of 'fancy language' (HTT's trademark tbh), that could be quite embarrassing if it gets serious attention.

90862[/snapback]

A quick glance revealed misuse of 'fancy language' (HTT's trademark tbh), that could be quite embarrassing if it gets serious attention.

90876[/snapback]

Very true.

And the quotes look like the scrap book of a love-struck teenager. Full of such gems as "Thanks for everything Ottmar." (Bayern Munich Fans' banner).

Hardly Bobby Robson standard.

Seriously, I'm not knocking the efforts the author(s) have made, but it is a teeny bit OTT.

Renton, normally you love a bit cheesy melodrama like that. :lol: I reckon it's a good effort all in all, and most importantly, it's getting media attention, even if at the minute it is only the Journal.

It could do with a banner proclaiming it the "Oldest and Greatest Hitzfeld for the Toon Website" though. Go on HTT, you know you wanna. :razz:

Aye, they have gone a bit ott, but it's the message itself that the press are interested in, not the details. The SMB have been ripping the piss out of it though, so at least it gives those poor mackems something to laugh about for once.

Aye, they have gone a bit ott, but it's the message itself that the press are interested in, not the details. The SMB have been ripping the piss out of it though, so at least it gives those poor mackems something to laugh about for once.

90905[/snapback]

Yes, those poor fellas were devastated when we sacked Souness....

"Already-minted" tbh

90890[/snapback]

Can anyone explain the "subliminal messages" being referred to in the penultimate paragraph of the home page? I'm also mystified by the use of the word "caveat" shortly before that.

"Yet for Hitzfeld, the caveat of a challenge is far more of an appeal to his finely tuned senses than a name on a badge." And I'm not sure how a media campaign fronted by a website is a subliminal message.

Yours confused,

TBH