Hitzfeld for Newcastle

Emre

Couple of thread over there suggesting Hoddle has been to SJP :lol:

91486[/snapback]

It was rumoured on the 606 forums. If it were true, you'd have seen a lot of money going on Hoddle this morning, which it hasn't. Same happened with Souness IIRC.

91493[/snapback]

Im guessing that a fair bit of cash has went on Hoddle seeing as his odds have dropped dramatically. He was down to 2-1 favourite with ladbrokes at dinnertime

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hitzfeld got the job, who would he have working with him? Does Isegrim know?

91516[/snapback]

Hitzfeld only had one person that was working with him constantly. That's Michael Henke (the Jorman version of Phil Thompson). Henke had a short spell as manager at Kaiserslautern but was sacked after very few months.

But I think in the case of Hitzfeld the backroom staff isn't that much important. He only needs someone working alongside him for the fitness training and a couple of other people working after his instructions. I think this would most likely be English people.

91562[/snapback]

Jesus wept

91486[/snapback]

It was rumoured on the 606 forums. If it were true, you'd have seen a lot of money going on Hoddle this morning, which it hasn't. Same happened with Souness IIRC.

91493[/snapback]

Im guessing that a fair bit of cash has went on Hoddle seeing as his odds have dropped dramatically. He was down to 2-1 favourite with ladbrokes at dinnertime

91566[/snapback]

Jesus wept

Couple of thread over there suggesting Hoddle has been to SJP :razz:

91486[/snapback]

91493[/snapback]

91566[/snapback]

:razz::lol:

I bloody hope not :yes

Isegrim, what do you think his relationship with Shearer would be?

91566[/snapback]

:lol: It's true, Hoddle OUT!

91486[/snapback]

91493[/snapback]

91566[/snapback]

Jesus wept

91576[/snapback]

If Hoddle got the job I'd go on a huffy flounce Asprilla's foreskin would be proud of. He is perhaps the only manager available I dislike more than Souness ffs!

Mark Lawrenson today:

"In terms of who will become their next manager I think it will be one of the high-profile but unsuccessful candidates for the position of England coach."

Bugger me, he's not afraid of going out on a limb, is he? :lol:

Martin O'Neill 11/4

Glenn Hoddle 4/1

Phil Scolari 11/2

Ottmar Hitzfeld 8/1

Claudio Ranieri 9/1

Sam Allardyce 10/1

Steve Bruce 16/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 20/1

Alan Shearer 20/1

Gus Hiddink 20/1

Paul Jewell 20/1

Kevin Keegan 20/1

Alan Curbishley 25/1

Terry Venables 25/1

Chris Coleman 33/1

David O'Leary 33/1

Glenn Roeder 40/1

Mark Hughes 66/1

Paul Le Guen 66/1

Mark Lawrenson today:

"In terms of who will become their next manager I think it will be one of the high-profile but unsuccessful candidates for the position of England coach."

Bugger me, he's not afraid of going out on a limb, is he?  :lol:

91587[/snapback]

Incisive - its his middle name... or maybe its something else

Martin O'Neill 11/4

Glenn Hoddle 4/1

Phil Scolari 11/2

Ottmar Hitzfeld 8/1

Claudio Ranieri 9/1

Sam Allardyce 10/1

Steve Bruce 16/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 20/1

Alan Shearer 20/1

Gus Hiddink 20/1

Paul Jewell 20/1

Kevin Keegan 20/1

Alan Curbishley 25/1

Terry Venables 25/1

Chris Coleman 33/1

David O'Leary 33/1

Glenn Roeder 40/1

Mark Hughes 66/1

Paul Le Guen 66/1

91591[/snapback]

You've missed Dave Jones off that list Gol :lol:

Martin O'Neill 11/4

Glenn Hoddle 4/1

Phil Scolari 11/2

Ottmar Hitzfeld 8/1

Claudio Ranieri 9/1

Sam Allardyce 10/1

Steve Bruce 16/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 20/1

Alan Shearer 20/1

Gus Hiddink 20/1

Paul Jewell 20/1

Kevin Keegan 20/1

Alan Curbishley 25/1

Terry Venables 25/1

Chris Coleman 33/1

David O'Leary 33/1

Glenn Roeder 40/1

Mark Hughes 66/1

Paul Le Guen 66/1

91591[/snapback]

You've missed Dave Jones off that list Gol :lol:

91596[/snapback]

Suspended betting on him.

I really hope they dont go for 'Big' Phil Scolari. Don't like the thought of him experimenting for the first time in a vastly different style of football than the one he's used to (Portugal and Brazil = greater similarities). Plus he looks a lot like Gene Hackman.

Mark Lawrenson today:

Bugger me, he's not afraid of going out on a limb, is he?  :lol:

91587[/snapback]

He also made this little slip

"Stuart Pearce has been linked with the liverpool job, but i do not think the FA will appoint an english man"

its in the predictions biton the beed in the Citeh v charlton bit. Quite what this has to do with anything other then showing what a cock lawro is i dont know.

Couple of thread over there suggesting Hoddle has been to SJP :razz:

91486[/snapback]

91493[/snapback]

91566[/snapback]

:razz::lol:

I bloody hope not :yes

Isegrim, what do you think his relationship with Shearer would be?

91577[/snapback]

Well, Hitzfeld has dealt with a lot of strong characters during his time (Matthäus, Effenberg, Sammer the most prominent ones) and he only fell out with Helmer (who then moved to Sunderland). I can't see how Hitzfeld would have any problems with Shearer. I even wouldn't rule out Hitzfeld offering Shearer a coaching role.

I really hope they dont go for 'Big' Phil Scolari. Don't like the thought of him experimenting for the first time in a vastly different style of football than the one he's used to (Portugal and Brazil = greater similarities). Plus he looks a lot like Gene Hackman.

91608[/snapback]

Scolari played a very defensive "dirty" type of football in Brazil, and a very exciting attacking type of football for Portugal.

My main worry abouy him is his ability to speak English, but I suppose Robson coped didn't he.

91608[/snapback]

Scolari played a very defensive "dirty" type of football in Brazil, and a very exciting attacking type of football for Portugal.

My main worry abouy him is his ability to speak English, but I suppose Robson coped didn't he.

91628[/snapback]

Robson had a certain capable translator to his disposal...

91608[/snapback]

91628[/snapback]

Robson had a certain capable translator to his disposal...

91631[/snapback]

Peter Beardsley?