Hitzfeld for Newcastle

Emre

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use your login for the official site, because they're both 'World' sites. Assuming you're registered.

Nothing In It

Glenn Hoddle has quashed any media talk linking him to the vacant job at Newcastle.

Bookmakers have this morning been publicising the fall in odds on the Wolves boss getting the St James' Park hot seat. But speaking after training this morning Glenn said: "I can assure you there is absolutely nothing in this. It isn't a story."

Former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill remains the bookies favourite to take over the Tyneside club.

Thank fuck.

Edited by DotBum

I really hope they dont go for 'Big' Phil Scolari. Don't like the thought of him experimenting for the first time in a vastly different style of football than the one he's used to (Portugal and Brazil = greater similarities). Plus he looks a lot like Gene Hackman.

91608[/snapback]

Scolari played a very defensive "dirty" type of football in Brazil, and a very exciting attacking type of football for Portugal.

My main worry abouy him is his ability to speak English, but I suppose Robson coped didn't he.

91628[/snapback]

His English was just fine when he was on that submarine yet he nearly got his men killed.

I really hope they dont go for 'Big' Phil Scolari. Don't like the thought of him experimenting for the first time in a vastly different style of football than the one he's used to (Portugal and Brazil = greater similarities). Plus he looks a lot like Gene Hackman.

91608[/snapback]

Scolari played a very defensive "dirty" type of football in Brazil, and a very exciting attacking type of football for Portugal.

My main worry abouy him is his ability to speak English, but I suppose Robson coped didn't he.

91628[/snapback]

His English was just fine when he was on that submarine yet he nearly got his men killed.

91646[/snapback]

:lol:

Well, we should follow HTT and post all Hitzfeld threads in a special Hitzfeld forum...

91668[/snapback]

I thought that was a piss take but it's true - Ottmar has his very own forum, where you can be educated and agree he is the best manager ever.

I also hear that HTT is "disappointed" with some of his flock. Is N-O turning into some sort of cult with HTT as its spiritual guru?

Teletext (ITV p515)...talkofthetyne(?) are saying Hitzfeld has already ruled himself out of the Newcastle job...?  :lol:  ;)

91855[/snapback]

post it on N-O! ;)

:lol: Loving it!

No such thing as equality...Ergo, you can't please everyone.

It's an embarrassing indictment of literacy levels and general intelligence that more people don't pick up on this bloke.

I'll write a Super Mac type of report for the site, along the lines of "Toon Legend Supermac backs Hitxfeld campaign". The media will probably quote from this, in fact I know they will.

If HTT isn't on the next Celebrity Big Brother, there's no justice in the world.

Teletext (ITV p515)...talkofthetyne(?) are saying Hitzfeld has already ruled himself out of the Newcastle job...?  :lol:  ;)

91855[/snapback]

post it on N-O! ;)

91858[/snapback]

I'm not sure where TOTT get their facts from.....didn't they used to have a website too? (I'm sure it's all old news to you guys but I honestly don't know :) )

All-round entertainer me  ;)

Send some shark pics to the following address and I'll sign them for you lot.

HTT

Newcastle-Online

PO Box GR 8

91899[/snapback]

I'm expecting to see photos of you staring blankly at a computer screen in just your kegs in the next issue of Heat. ;)

Since your here HTT, don't you think you've gone a bit OTT in this campaign? I reckon it would look pretty wierd to an outsider looking in (in fact I know it does), perhaps even Herr Hitzfeld himself would be embarassed by some of the stuff on N-O's new dedicated forum and web site.

All-round entertainer me  :)

Send some shark pics to the following address and I'll sign them for you lot.

HTT

Newcastle-Online

PO Box GR 8

91899[/snapback]

I'm expecting to see photos of you staring blankly at a computer screen in just your kegs in the next issue of Heat. ;)

91901[/snapback]

I don't know what's more disturbing, me in my kegs or you being a Heat reader.

Say it ain't so?

Prerequisite smilie ;)

Since your here HTT, don't you think you've gone a bit OTT in this campaign? I reckon it would look pretty wierd to an outsider looking in (in fact I know it does), perhaps even Herr Hitzfeld himself would be embarassed by some of the stuff on N-O's new dedicated forum and web site.

91903[/snapback]

Nah.

91903[/snapback]

Nah.

91907[/snapback]

Righto. :lol:

Well, we should follow HTT and post all Hitzfeld threads in a special Hitzfeld forum...

91668[/snapback]

I also hear that HTT is "disappointed" with some of his flock. Is N-O turning into some sort of cult with HTT as its spiritual guru?

91848[/snapback]

There's something very cult-ish (I said cult) about the 'fellow campaigners' thread over there. :lol:

91668[/snapback]

91848[/snapback]

There's something very cult-ish (I said cult) about the 'fellow campaigners' thread over there. :lol:

91913[/snapback]

You mean this one, especially HTT's first post?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...ic,14686.0.html

There's certainly something biblical about it - the gospel according to HTT. Ironic that he mentions Keegan was worshipped as a God - at least he was actually managing or playing for the club before he became the messiah.