Callum Wilson

wykikitoon

3-4 weeks is less than I expected tbh. Still wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more like 12 weeks. 

Still probably explains why we’re not wasting any times haggling over the Isak fee. 

• Like 1

Would have been better for Isak to have been eased into the side, rather than Jon Dahl Tomassoned. Although we could play with ASM, Wood and Isak, Wood just isn't the kind of striker we want to be building our attack around.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Would have been better for Isak to have been eased into the side, rather than Jon Dahl Tomassoned. Although we could play with ASM, Wood and Isak, Wood just isn't the kind of striker we want to be building our attack around.

Everything we've seen from Howe says that Wood will start.

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

3-4 weeks

3-4 weeks is not bad, but it's better represented as 6-8 weeks until reinjury.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I buy the Wilson injury suddenly pushing us to bid for Isak narrative. Hope was tweeting this morning trying to justify his tweet a week or so ago, about thinking it would be a good thing for Wilson to get a minor injury to put a fire up the ownership. For a start it's not as if Wilson's injury prone nature comes as a surprise to Howe and co, and secondly it's quite clear we've been after Isak for a very long time. Sociedad and Isak have both supposedly lowered their demands, so that's likely the biggest driver of the deal getting done now. People were also saying we're not bothering to haggle, but we've effectively been haggling for him all summer at least. 

Edited by Polarboy

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Think he’ll be eased into things anyway but JDT was also played out if position. At least Isak is a genuine no 9.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I wonder if Wilson is destined for the subs bench when he’s fit again. If he consistently starts, he consistently gets injured

It's a good shout. But to have someone like Isak in, it gives us a different option.  But it also means Wilson can be managed better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OTF said:

Everything we've seen from Howe says that Wood will start.

Yeah, probably and I wouldn't be one of the crowd frothing at the mouth if Isak is introduced more slowly. However, given the fact Wood doesn't really fit the way we're looking to play (he thrives on balls into the box and frankly we don't cross the ball) and Isak is far better running with the ball and dropping deeper to collect it, I would expect Isak to replace the big plank sooner rather than later. If Wilson was fit, I'd expect Isak to replace Almiron rather than our top goal scorer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Think he’ll be eased into things anyway but JDT was also played out if position. At least Isak is a genuine no 9.

True enough. JDT being asked to lead the line was foolish, at least with Isak he's used to playing up top on his own. Still think there's a way to play Wilson and Isak and ASM.

• Like 2