west ham v bruce, still here, ashley, still here Newcastle United. sat 8pm nee crowd

Tdansmith

In case you missed it :lol:

That was great. Loads of positives. Debutants all looked good. I was particularly impressed by Wilson. Hendrick looks decent too. And the full back. Almiron was lively off the bench. Feels like  we have competition for places for the first time in ages 

• Haha 2

Only thing. I would like to have seen Miggy on sooner when we were dropping deeper late on in the second half.

Wilson I am loving atm. Especially after that. His whole attitude is great especially fucking those Villa cunts off.

• Like 1

A couple more performances and results like this and I may even stop calling Bruce grannyface. Hard to make any sort of precise judgement given it's the first game and West Ham are shit, but we looked very decent, and the amount of options we have, from the bench etc, now is crazy compared to what we've had in the recent past.  Oh and if Lewis can keep steadily improving he's going to be a top class player. Him and ASM on the left flank has massive potential.

Edited by Polarboy

hoy carl, when essembee speaks you'd best be listening.

he had his martins laces confiscated more times than all the other boot boys on the leazes end put together.

he also wrote the lyrics for 'you're going home in a fucking ambulance'

he's getting on a bit now, but i salute him.

:)

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Some finish by Hendrick. Makes you wonder how many decent players there are around being nullified by managers like Dyche

Bruce will no doubt unlock his full potential 

• Haha 2

Fair play to old cabbage heed: he seems to have bought well this window, helped by Ashley seemingly leaving him to get in with it. But yesterday’s performance, albeit against a rank West Ham side, was one of the most encouraging starts to a PL season. 

• Like 1

Looked a lot better than I expected us to be a couple of weeks ago. All the new boys looked good and Carroll had his best game since his return. 
Have to temper it of course with West Ham being dog shit but you can’t complain about that for a start to the season. 

6 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

hoy carl, when essembee speaks you'd best be listening.

he had his martins laces confiscated more times than all the other boot boys on the leazes end put together.

he also wrote the lyrics for 'you're going home in a fucking ambulance'

he's getting on a bit now, but i salute him.

Carl needs to get up to speed quick.

’We took the Fulwell eeesy’

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Carl needs to get up to speed quick.

’We took the Fulwell eeesy’

i miss the 70s match day atmosphere mate, i really do.

i remember beating liverpool 1-0 paul cannell scored the goal and for whatever reason i barfed up the contents of me prematch lunch of fish fingers and beans, most of which went all over some bigger, older and undoubtedly harder lads gleaming astronaut boots.

he was in the process of instructing me to lick them clean when i fled. kept away from that little area of the leazes for the rest of the season.

happy days!

• Haha 2