EFL Cup Newcastle United v Blackburn Rovers 730 KO 15/9/20

Tdansmith

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

What has happened to Longstaff? At the end of the 2019 season he looked like prime Michael Carrick

If we had taken the money from Manchester he’d become the next Carrick, now he is on the way to become the next Jamie McClen.

Joelintons one redeeming feature last season was that he always tried, apparently last night he didnt even look bothered, Bruce needs to cut his losses and bring in a replacement Troy from Watford would probably do.

Bruce...

"Joe has always, always worked his socks off, and given the club the best he can.

He’s got to dust himself down and get on with the challenge in front of him. He’s big enough to take it.

He had a frustrating night, it’s far to say. But he’ll keep working away, and I’m sure he’ll be Ok"

• Jaysus... 1

If he had always worked his socks off he would get some credit but if he makes a poor start, which he usually dies, then he tends to go hiding. Anyone with a scrap of football knowledge can see the lack of application and heart so who the fuck does Bruce think he’s kidding? 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

If he had always worked his socks off he would get some credit but if he makes a poor start, which he usually dies, then he tends to go hiding. Anyone with a scrap of football knowledge can see the lack of application and heart so who the fuck does Bruce think he’s kidding? 

A buying club hopefully

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I've been a bit more supportive of Joelinton, but when he puts in performances like last night, he doesn't help himself. 

Part of me understands it, he's low in confidence, playing in a role he's not suited to, again. Most of the blame lies with the manager and the recruitment team, but he shoulders plenty himself. 

Reminds me of Luque.

• Like 2

weirdest transfer ever. 

when the news broke we were paying £40m for a striker it piqued interest. 

we all checked his youtube highlights and goals record, which clubs he has played for, and wondered what they scouts saw that wasn't obvious to the rest of us to justify such a massive price tag. 

we're still wondering. 

• Like 1

Whilst you can’t defend Joelinton it has to be said that our midfield was completely incapable of holding on to the ball or doing anything with it. Wilson would undoubtedly hold the ball better than Joelinton and allow others to get closer to him, but if we ever have to play those two in the middle of the park in the premier league we’ll get tortured. 
If we’re going to ever get anything out of him then we’re going have to give him more to work with also. 

13 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Don’t laugh but the makems signed the wrong Nunez.Have we signed the wrong Joelinton? 
At least Fumaca won the odd header with his second touch.I don’t see anything average in Big Joe’s game,never mind good.

:lol: I seem to remember Shearer signalling to the bench to get him off about 2 mins after he came in in one match 

• Haha 2

Don’t think there is any defence of him. He certainly looks no better than Rivière but at the price we’ve allegedly paid for him it’s understandable that people want to see him improve and assume that at some point people were seeing an exciting young player in him. I’m lost as to what that was though. 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

It's a basic lack of ability at the level he's being asked to play at rather than a lack of application or heart.