What about Dave Jones?

Howaythelads

well he had a nice locker.....

thought he was fairly redundant in the monkees although was it him whos mother invented tippex? or was he the one in the wooly hat?

89975[/snapback]

Pud, really it depends on which one he is refering to doesn't it?

If he means the one who was the main vocalist in the monkees, then no his mother wasn't the inventor of "liquid paper."

If he means the one who took a lot of acid in the 60s/70s likes to sleep with mostly men and the occassional woman, has no lips and thinks he is a duke then no he wouldn't be much chop either.

If he is refering to the one who indeed does owns a nice locker, then at least it would be interesting listening to the post match interview, especially on talk like a pirate day (Can you imagine how ecstatic Lou would be???)

If he is refering to the former Wolves/Southampton/Stockport manager, who was accused and cleared of child abuse claims, then fuck we really need to address how low the bar has been set after what we have had to suffer under the managerialship of clueless.

Let's at least aim high.

thought he was fairly redundant in the monkees although was it him whos mother invented tippex? or was he the one in the wooly hat?

89975[/snapback]

If he means the one who was the main vocalist in the monkees, then no his mother wasn't the inventor of "liquid paper."

If he means the one who took a lot of acid in the 60s/70s likes to sleep with mostly men and the occassional woman, has no lips and thinks he is a duke then no he wouldn't be much chop either.

If he is refering to the one who indeed does owns a nice locker, then at least it would be interesting listening to the post match interview, especially on talk like a pirate day (Can you imagine how ecstatic Lou would be???)

If he is refering to the former Wolves/Southampton/Stockport manager, who was accused and cleared of child abuse claims, then fuck we really need to address how low the bar has been set after what we have had to suffer under the managerialship of clueless.

Let's at least aim high.

89985[/snapback]

It might be my mate Dave Jones. He used to have ginger dreads and play the guitar which is a pre-requisite for a managerial post in anyone's book! ;)

It might be my mate Dave Jones.  He used to have ginger dreads and play the guitar which is a pre-requisite for a managerial post in anyone's book! ;)

89993[/snapback]

Cath, you know Gemmill is now going to jump in an ask how often you have seen my band play now, don't you?

Good manager. Would do for me ahead of the likes of O'Neill, for example.

89963[/snapback]

You wouldn't let him babysit mind!

89976[/snapback]

;)

Edit: Got the wrong smiley thingy. It's early.

Edited by Howaythelads

89975[/snapback]

Let's at least aim high.

89985[/snapback]

He's 'higher' than Souness and no 'lower' than O'Neill, for people who don't fall for media hype.

89975[/snapback]

Let's at least aim high.

89985[/snapback]

He's 'higher' than Souness and no 'lower' than O'Neill, for people who don't fall for media hype.

90010[/snapback]

Maybe HTL but is he really good enough for where we want to see our club?

89975[/snapback]

Let's at least aim high.

89985[/snapback]

90010[/snapback]

Maybe HTL but is he really good enough for where we want to see our club?

90012[/snapback]

Probably not, but he wouldn't be shite imo, he does have a decent track record, I think he's a good manager.

Like everybody else, I'd like a so-called top manager, it's the natural reaction I reckon. But you have to remember that when we appointed Dalglish he was widely regarded as being a top manager, having won the league twice with different clubs. He still fucked it up massively though.

Gullit was held in high regard, he also fucked up badly.

There are no guarantees and it may well be that people like Hitzfeld will have no interest in the club. Look at how we're portrayed in the media, he's a Jorman, many Brits believe the shite they read about the club, why wouldn't Hitzfeld?

I really believe Dave Jones is a decent manager, so is Brian Little ( discarded by Ellis when in the top 5 or something ), so is Dowie and so is Paul Jewell. There are others, but they aren't the flavour of the month in the media. I can understand why people may want Allardyce, but I've never been convinced by O'Neill, for example.

Fair call.

My thing is I'd really like to see a manager with a long term plan and that is what worried me about Hitzfield, the fact that he is to old to consider setting up things for a 10 year plus structure.

A lot of what I've read recently really shows that British managers aren't trained/encouraged to consider long term building and that is a worry for both English football and the clubs.

The reason I always bring up Deschamp's name is he has been schooled in the French system of academy building and nuturing talent, he is young, progressive, tactically aware and has experience in England.

And that is where I'd like to see the club heading.

89975[/snapback]

Let's at least aim high.

89985[/snapback]

90010[/snapback]

With respect, most people are higher than Souness...

Dave Jones isn't by much though - what's the matter HTL? Expectations lowered?? ;)

89975[/snapback]

Let's at least aim high.

89985[/snapback]

90010[/snapback]

With respect, most people are higher than Souness...

Dave Jones isn't by much though - what's the matter HTL? Expectations lowered?? ;)

90018[/snapback]

I think he's a massive improvement over Souness, but I'd rather it wasKeegan, like.

I think he's a massive improvement over Souness, but I'd rather it wasKeegan, like.

90354[/snapback]

jesus christ all the twats on the telly going on about keegan really do my head in man, seriously if that ever did happen I would feel so embarrassed, wouldn't you? and we think we're a laughing stock now???

onwards and upwards boys!

90354[/snapback]

jesus christ all the twats on the telly going on about keegan really do my head in man, seriously if that ever did happen I would feel so embarrassed, wouldn't you? and we think we're a laughing stock now???

onwards and upwards boys!

90481[/snapback]

I'd love it if he came back tbh.

Curiously, there is a thread on the SMB where a mackem says almost exactly the same thing as HTL. Hmmmm, maybe we shouild get Jones to spite them. :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=98983

90659[/snapback]

Just looked at the link, ( only page 1, I can't be arsed with that forum anymore, I stopped winding them up on there about 3 years ago, or even longer. They do have a sense of humour, mind you, so........hmmm )

To be fair Renton, all I've said is that I've been impressed by what Jones has done at all of the clubs he's managed. If we can't attract a proven top manager I think he'd be a good choice, much better than Bruce, O'Neill or the likes of O'Leary.