The Special One vs The Special Needs One

ewerk

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

Honestly Rafa would have used similar tactics here, this is literally Bruce trying to resurrect a Rafa tactic.... but can't believe we are still talking about it.

But it would have been far better than this shit imitation, that was kind of my point 

Just now, 247 said:

But it would have been far better than this shit imitation, that was kind of my point 

Aye, no doubt Bruce just told them to do their best and not much else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

If Rafa had been given the money that's been spent since he's left to spend on who he wanted, we'd have cemented a place in the lower half of the top ten this season. Of that I have no doubt.

This is the most depressing part, we are led to believe Rafa left because he didnt get the reassurances that he could spend something but then Bruce gets backed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 247 said:

This is the most depressing part, we are led to believe Rafa left because he didnt get the reassurances that he could spend something but then Bruce gets backed. 

He didn't really get backed though. Ashley and his minions bought players with likely little to no input from Bruce, and also likely on the basis that whatever crock analytics that have told them someone like Joelinton could only increase in value to be sold later on.

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He didn't really get backed though. Ashley and his minions bought players with likely little to no input from Bruce, and also likely on the basis that whatever crock analytics that have told them someone like Joelinton could only increase in value to be sold later on.

You're right, it was more over control of transfers.. that doesnt make it much better though. Ashley and his minions would rather spend the money and pick players for the manager than give Rafa a sum and let him choose who he wants. The club is fucked top to bottom now with Bruce in charge at least before we had Rafa using the players he had to the best of his ability, now we've got fat steve slobbering all over himself on the touchline screaming 'MAN ON CLOSE HIM DOWN' 'BIG HEADER ANDY' 'WHERES ME PIZZA I ORDERED IT AT HALF TIME'

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I’m torturing my little lad making him watch this with me like. 

Mine lasted about 10 min and os now asleep. Mind you it's now just about midnight here.

If we continue like this, and I really can't see a win in the next seven at least on this, last weeks showings, and the second half of last season, the sad fact is that Ashley is so stubborn he likely won't pull the trigger on cabbage heed until it's far too late. The only hope we have that he'll move faster is if he's actually 100% committed to flogging us, and acts more quickly because of that.

Edited by Polarboy