The Special One vs The Special Needs One

ewerk

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Did it hit his arm?  Yes.

Was his arm away from his body? Yes.

Did his team gain an advantage through it hitting his arm? Yes.

I honestly don’t see what all the whining is about, everyone wanted clearer rules and they now have them. Get a fucking grip.

I agree to an extent. The sewpa pundits calling for common sense to be applied were to same ones complaining about lack of consistency. This rule brings it.

I think there has to be intent. Penalising hand balls is supposed to stop cheating so there should be some interpretation of the law. The new rules are supposed to make things clearer but it just means it’s a lottery every time the ball goes into the box. If a player is looking the other way, how can he deliberately have handled the ball? I understand why so many people are complaining. It’s nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think there has to be intent. Penalising hand balls is supposed to stop cheating so there should be some interpretation of the law. The new rules are supposed to make things clearer but it just means it’s a lottery every time the ball goes into the box. If a player is looking the other way, how can he deliberately have handled the ball? I understand why so many people are complaining. It’s nonsense. 

How do you prove intent?

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

How do you prove intent?

It’s not a court of law :lol:

it’s interpretation of the law. If the player is looking at the ball and moves his hand towards it - that’s usually suggests it might be deliberate. 

I’d rather go back to the referee’s interpretation, which may or may not please everyone every time there is a decision  than have this weird lottery every time the ball goes into the box. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

it’s interpretation of the law. If the player is looking at the ball and moves his hand towards it - that’s usually suggests it might be deliberate. 

I’d rather go back to the referee’s interpretation, which may or may not please everyone every time there is a decision  than have this weird lottery every time the ball goes into the box. 

We were normally the losers of referee interpretation. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So you’re incapable of moving your hands to block a cross and looking away at the same time?

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

No idea I didn’t see it. But whether or not he meant it makes no difference. Did the ball hit his arm and did they gain an advantage from it? 

Who are you - Luke Edwards? 

according to the new rules, it was hand ball. 

according to the old rules, it wasn’t.

the new rules aren’t fit for purpose, which is why so many people are moaning 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

But they sort the consistency issue out that everyone was crying out for..

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t want to sound all LeazesMag but can you answer my questions otherwise I can’t respond.

I don’t really think any advantage was gained from it, it would have fell to another spurs player and was being headed out of the box anyway. It definitely wasn’t intentional in anyway. It was the right decision as by the current rule that’s what constitutes as a handball, but I think most find the rule to be a bit shite, I’m happy to laugh about it and it done us a massive favor today but I’d be fuming if we got done by it like that. 

Handballs are a hard rule to make but I agree with Gloom that this rule is wank. 

Luke Edwards is a disaster btw, what an utterly dross but predictable take from him. If he can’t see why anyone would have been disgruntled with today’s performance simply because we ended up nicking a draw then he’s either completely clueless about football, or he’s trolling. 3 shots on target in 3 games is appalling, Bruce and the players deserve pressure for that as it’s utter bilge they’re currently serving up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Deliberate handball wasn’t in last season it was the season before. I hate the whole deliberate handball shite because it gave shit referees a reason to let big teams off with obvious handball ls.

I mean it’s to each their own I suppose, in my personal opinion this current rule is crap. Even if you remove the deliberate piece out the bloke had jumped for the ball, it had went behind him, then as he was coming down his hands raised and Carroll headed the ball away from goal, where it then hit Diers arm as he was on the way down from his jump. If it didn’t hit his arm it was headed outside the box and going to the other two spurs players that were there, so no advantage whatsoever was gained, and there was no prevention of any type of potential goal for us, and honestly there wasn’t a great deal Dier could do about it other than jump with his hands down by his side in a pretty unnatural way. People are welcome to put it all in slow motion, analyze it, bring in some boring cunt that’s never kicked a ball before that’ll analyze body position on how people jump that will tell us Diers arms were actually in an unnatural position, again for me that’s not football, it’s just dull. I suppose it’s the rule and like with that VAR shite it’s likely not going anywhere, so yeah there’s not much point complaining about it. 

I understand many will be fine with it, but as I say I find it a shite rule and feel it takes away from the game a bit. Personally I was always ok with a bit of the gray areas in the rules where interpretation came into play, but I know there are a lot of people out there who want everything to be a black or white decision which is why they like VAR and this new handball rule, and their opinions just as valid. 

Edited by Howay

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

I mean it’s to each their own I suppose, in my personal opinion this current rule is crap. Even if you remove the deliberate piece out the bloke had jumped for the ball, it had went behind him, then as he was coming down his hands raised and Carroll headed the ball away from goal, where it then hit Diers arm as he was on the way down from his jump. If it didn’t hit his arm it was headed outside the box and going to the other two spurs players that were there, so no advantage whatsoever was gained, and there was no prevention of any type of potential goal for us, and honestly there wasn’t a great deal Dier could do about it other than jump with his hands down by his side in a pretty unnatural way. People are welcome to put it all in slow motion, analyze it, bring in some boring cunt that’s never kicked a ball before that’ll analyze body position on how people jump that will tell us Diers arms were actually in an unnatural position, again for me that’s not football, it’s just dull. I suppose it’s the rule and like with that VAR shite it’s likely not going anywhere, so yeah there’s not much point complaining about it. 

I understand many will be fine with it, but as I say I find it a shite rule and feel it takes away from the game a bit. Personally I was always ok with a bit of the gray areas in the rules where interpretation came into play, but I know there are a lot of people out there who want everything to be a black or white decision which is why they like VAR and this new handball rule, and their opinions just as valid. 

To be honest like I said I didn’t see the game. If it wasn’t going towards goal then it shouldn’t be a penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

To be honest like I said I didn’t see the game. If it wasn’t going towards goal then it shouldn’t be a penalty. 

Aye agreed, it’s one of those where by the letter of the law it’s a pen, and the refs hands are pretty tied. Regardless it’s always nice to mug this lot off and rub up the luvvies in the press as it’ll no doubt be us on the receiving end one day and the cunts will say yup it’s a pen and move onto being annoyed at Paul Pogbas new hair cut. 

Edited by Howay

37 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I don’t want to sound all LeazesMag but can you answer my questions otherwise I can’t respond.

OK. 

No, I don’t think any clear advantage was gained from it.

I don’t think he knew much about it either and it wasn’t deliberate. 

I’ll be seething when we inevitably have one like that go against us under these stupid new rules.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

OK. 

No, I don’t think any clear advantage was gained from it.

I don’t think he knew much about it either and it wasn’t deliberate. 

I’ll be seething when we inevitably have one like that go against us under these stupid new rules.

Again it’s got fuck all to do with deliberate. But if it got no advantage then it shouldn’t be a penalty.