Newport County vs Newcastle United

ewerk

22 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

We were the better team and deserved to win.Equalising in the 87th minute,or the 2nd or the 12th does not mean the team were lucky.We were not lucky in anyway.

I was lucky I didn’t bother to watch it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I saw a wonderful game tonight. 

N Shields 3 v 2 Hebburn. 

Toon should be interviewing the next chancer on the conveyer belt of whoppers! 

What's the crack with crowds at games of that level mate? Many there?

21 minutes ago, Dougle said:

What's the crack with crowds at games of that level mate? Many there?

Shields have gone to 150 max (from 300 before the most recent restrictions) which effectively makes every game an all ticket. The usual facemasks must be worn etc. No entry into the club house but were selling beer from the front door. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He doesn’t even have the decency to be injured. He’s the fittest player we’ve got. Probably because he never breaks into a sprint tbf

Or gets stuck in,or gets a cut from challenging centre half’s in the air.He certainly doesn’t give the laundry lady/man any concerns about getting mud and grass stains from his strip.

Shelvey having a dig at Rafa...

Interviewer:

‘It did seem to be slipping away towards the end there, what does it say about the team that they did carry on and get through in the end?’

Jonjo Shelvey:

“We know that we have got character.

“Probably going back two or three years ago, we probably would have just tried lumping the ball into the box but the gaffer wants us to play.

“We have took a lot of criticism to be fair over the past couple of weeks about not creating enough chances and stuff like that.

“We worked on it yesterday to keep going, keep probing and keep passing the ball.

“I felt we created so many chances and we just didn’t put them away towards the end, we came away with the win though, which is the main thing.”

Shelvey translation: "Yeah two or three years ago we had an elite manager who was constantly on our back drilling us like fuck and who was quite happy to drop you if you weren't applying any effort or continually ignoring his instructions. It was a pain in the arse if I'm quite honest. Thank fuck for Steve." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

‘We worked on it yesterday to keep going’

So if they hadn’t worked on it,the day before they played against Newport ffs,they would have chucked the towel in !!!!

Fucking cowards. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Shelvey translation: "Yeah two or three years ago we had an elite manager who was constantly on our back drilling us like fuck and who was quite happy to drop you if you weren't applying any effort or continually ignoring his instructions. It was a pain in the arse if I'm quite honest. Thank fuck for Steve." 

That’s exactly it. It’s an easy ride under Bruce by comparison for characters like him. On and off the pitch. 

• Like 2