Super satda, Bruce's Noocarsuw v Dyche's Burnley

Howmanheyman

10 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Hasn’t that kind of double punishment been eliminated from the regulations? I think so. No red for the keeper when it’s a pelanty IIRC

Has it? I can’t keep up. Would have been an automatic red back in the day

1 minute ago, OTF said:

On the strength of this performance Burnley are going to finish round about last.

Was thinking our two decent wins/performances have come against two teams likely to go down for different reasons. 

Still, it perhaps suggests we're not that likely ourselves? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Was thinking our two decent wins/performances have come against two teams likely to go down for different reasons. 

We seem to be a lot better against teams similar to us I.e. utilitarian shite as we have the difference in ASM and Wilson. We’ll probably give a similar account of ourselves against West Brom, Sheffield United and Fulham while shitting the bed enormously against Leeds

• Like 4

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Has it? I can’t keep up. Would have been an automatic red back in the day

If you're outside the area, the new measures allow six inside, six out, so following the local rules, as I understand it, it's a red if you're in the box, a red if you're eating in, but it's not if you're outside.

• Haha 2

Just now, OTF said:

If you're outside the area, the new measures allow six inside, six out, so following the local rules, as I understand it, it's a red if you're in the box, a red if you're eating in, but it's not if you're outside.

That’s cleared that up then :lol:

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

As long as there are teams being worse and less lucky than us , it’s not likely.  But today was very much down to Burnley being shit. They did still have a spell of 20 minutes being totally on top. If ASM hadn’t created the goal straight after the equaliser it might have looked different.

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If Wilson and ASM don't pick up any major injuries we have a squad that should be outside the relegation zone.

I would like to see Fraser get a run ahead of Hendrick, who doesn’t look like a wide player to me, and Almiron has got to be in for Joelinton, who minced around as usual. Other than that, it’s hard to be too critical. Good day at the office for Bruce and quite the contrast to the last two games. It even held my little boy’s interest for the duration - a rarity. 

With regard to how we're playing I thought we were flattered massively by the West Ham result because of how decent the goals were despite the overall atrocious attacking stats, and the fact that the 'ammers were shite. From there it seemed we were going to slowly go down hill given some of the shite we've seen since. Tonight's match I think showed us that if we can keep ASM and Wilson fit we should be OK in terms of avoiding the bottom three. Wilson knows where to run and can finish, and ASM can have anyone on toast. Add to that the fact that West Brom and Fulham look shite, and Sheff Utd and Burnley are looking dodgy, so there's possibly at least three teams worse than us. Of course Brewster might lift Sheffield Utd a bit given putting the ball in the net was looking to be a major problem for them this season.

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would like to see Fraser get a run ahead of Hendrick, who doesn’t look like a wide player to me, and Almiron has got to be in for Joelinton, who minced around as usual. Other than that, it’s hard to be too critical. Good day at the office for Bruce and quite the contrast to the last two games. It even held my little boy’s interest for the duration - a rarity. 

Its crazy to play Hendrick in a wide role, hes fucking useless going forward there. He should be used as a back up CM who can muck in occasionally - proper Bruce player btw, absolutely no ability but works hard so its easy to see how he fit in at Burnley. Joelinton has improved over the incredibly low standards he set for himself last season but hes not alot better, hes fucking garbage on the break he looks like he cant think fast enough to play the right pass. Other than a few tidy touches he messed up multiple potentially dangerous moves and literally passed the ball to Burnley players in the final third a few times.. hes done here we need to give up on him + Almiron would do a 100x better playing the same role. But no doubt because we won 3-1 certain fans will be saying he played well lol.

We won because of the ASM + Wilson combo, with no ASM in this team we would have lost that game 1-0. Burnley are honking as well, not as bad as West Ham were but they're cut from that same shitey cloth. 

Edited by 247
  • Like 1