Ah those we're the days.

Smooth Operator

Going out with work on the 18th Feb as it's a few people's birthdays, they are wanting to dress up so I suggested we go in bad taste, by this I mean in clothes we wore ten/fifteen years ago when we thought we were sooooo cool!

So I was goona go in my Rockports, Eclipse jeans, Kappa tracksuit top and Burberry cap.

The lasses are all gonna get their hair permed and fish out their sovereigns.

Does anyone have any horrific memories of what they used to wear cos they thought it was "wicked" back in the day?

Going out with work on the 18th Feb as it's a few people's birthdays, they are wanting to dress up so I suggested we go in bad taste, by this I mean in clothes we wore ten/fifteen years ago when we thought we were sooooo cool!

So I was goona go in my Rockports, Eclipse jeans, Kappa tracksuit top and Burberry cap.

Does anyone have any horrific memories of what they used to wear cos they thought it was "wicked" back in the day?

90034[/snapback]

Isn't that just contemporary charver clobber?

10-15 years ago I'd have been firmly in my thrash metal phase. Ah, the joy of faded T-shirts, ripped jeans and dodgy hair. ;)

90036[/snapback]

Was that before or after you turned the bat the wrong way round? :D

90041[/snapback]

During! Christ knows how... <_<

90034[/snapback]

90039[/snapback]

It is, I was ahead of the game.

Note: I don't actually own all of the items I listed ;)

90034[/snapback]

90039[/snapback]

aye, always was too. You wont get in half the places in town dressed like that.

90034[/snapback]

90039[/snapback]

90044[/snapback]

Well the idea is that if everyone dresses like this they'll see were in costume and will let us in, like how they let lasses in to bars in their pyjama's and Muslims dressed as suicide bombers and that.

90034[/snapback]

90039[/snapback]

90044[/snapback]

Well the idea is that if everyone dresses like this they'll see were in costume and will let us in, like how they let lasses in to bars in their pyjama's and Muslims dressed as suicide bombers and that.

90046[/snapback]

Or they'll hust think you're a bunch of Charvers and not let you in....

Still, you could try the New Monkey club in Sunderland. ;)

you're only allowed in the New Monkey if you've got a Pot Noodle these days mind

I remember wearing luminous socks with a different coloured sock on either foot...

mind you I was 8.

since then I've been pretty cutting edge tbh ;)

90034[/snapback]

you think YOU have probelms

spare a thought for me and my "smart" clothes in the loft.............. ;):D<_<:blush:

Edited by Rob W

You know you experienced the 90's if any of these ring a bell.....

1) 10p Mr Frosty Ice Pops.

2) Gordon the Gopher and Edd the Duck.

3) You could do or tried to do the Prodigy step. 'You're no good 4 me....'

4) You owned or longed for an Adidas three stripe tracksuit

5) You owned a compilation tape with TOP TUNES such as "Mr Vain", "What is love" and "Rhythm is a dancer" and 'How Bizarre, How Bizarre"

6) Girls thought Blue Mascara was cool.

7) Girls actually fancied Gary Barlow more than Robbie Williams

8) The Racoons.

9) You owned a pair of Nike Air Max, and wore them to death

10) Mr Motivator/

11) Running on the spot dancing.

12) You wore leggings/cycling shorts with long t-shirts

13) You owned a Bennetton, NafNaf, sweater shop jumper or waistcoat

14) Girls owned scrunchies in an array of colours and tacky headbands with their names written on in thick glitter

16) You bought Smash Hits for the song lyrics and the immense amount

of stickers that you would stick everywhere.

17) You had a pen pal

18) You could only watch the Simpson's on sky

19) On a Saturday afternoon you watched Catchphrase, Gladiators, Generation Game, Noels House Party and then Casualty

20) You taped the Pepsi Chartshow on radio one and tired in vain to pause the tape before the annoying guy talked and ruined the whole

thing.

21) Cans of Coke were 25p

22) 10p Space Raiders Crisps

23) A grey Fruit of the Loom jumper was a must have

24) Sharkie & George were the crimebusters of the sea

25) Puffa jackets

26) You used the line "it's a free country" every day

27) The Sky Sports Blimp.

28) Impulse body spray for girls.

29) Hooch Alcoholic Lemonade.

30) 'Don't forget your toothbrush', 'TFI' and Big Breakfast with Chris Evans

31) You had at least one troll

32) You know the dance to Macarena and Saturday Night. You also tried to scat like Scatman John.

33) You watched Baywatch and longed for the day that Eddie & Sharni got together

34) You watched Byker Grove 'ha ha ha whatcha laughin at!' (the themesong ending), and saw PJ get shot in the eye with a paintball.

35) PJ and Duncan, not Ant and Dec.

36) Shellsuits & bumbags!

37) You longed to live in Beverley Hills 90210

38) Home and Away was a prime time ITV programe watched by millions

39) You owned a Spice Girls album

40) Fruit salads and black jacks

41) Strike it Lucky on a Sunday night with Michael Barrymore when he was straight & married

42) Chain letters

43) You had fake ID

44) You remember Todd Landers in Neighbours

45) You religiously watched Saved by the Bell on a Saturday morning

46) You more than likely lost/nearly lost a wobbly tooth on a wham bar.

47) CK one (probably the fake one from the market)

48) Going Live, then Live and Kicking was the place to be on a Saturday Morning - you know you remember the number 0181 811 8181

49) You knew every word to the theme tune from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

50) You collected Premier League Stickers and did swaps at playtime

51) Girls wore crappy lipstick such as - coffee shimmer, heather shimmer and birthday suit.

52) You wore Kickers and Wallaby's with the tags hanging from them

53) You thought saying - "I know you are, you said you are but what am I" to every cuss that that came your way

54) "Love Got The World in Motion" with the John Barnes Rap

55) You used to run away from some thing and shout ' leg iiiiiitt'

56) Had laces that were twirly, so tied themselves; only available is bright florecent colours.

57) You had one of those ethnic striped indie tops - probably in purple.

58) You said lush at least once every hour and everything was cool.

59) Status was achieved and judged by the number of friendship bands you had.

60) Coming home and watching kids TV like the broom cupboard.

Shit maaan Cath!

I remember all of them....

As for dodgy clothes, I remember being 16 and having a collection of paisley scarves, shirts and Lacoste jumbers (in yellow and pink).

All topped off with a light blue Miami Vice jacket, sleeves rolled up and a t-shirt underneath. ;)

EDIT: Oh and white pants, deck shoes and no socks..

Shit maaan Cath!

As for dodgy clothes, I remember being 16 and having a collection of paisley scarves, shirts and Lacoste jumbers (in yellow and pink).

All topped off with a light blue Miami Vice jacket, sleeves rolled up and a t-shirt underneath.  ;)

90531[/snapback]

Hello sailor

:D

NAF NAF jumpers anyone?

I had one.

90584[/snapback]

I had one too! <_<

I remember how much I used to idolise Michael Jackson. I had this black bomber coat with dog chains on it along with my black cord pants on. I would go down stairs, put my Bad record on while my parents sat there disturbed watching me while I span around grabbing my crotch...! ;)

Then came the Run DMC era, adidas trainers, no laces with the massive tongues sticking out along with my trendy black addidas tracksuit. Me and my brother used to turn the Subbuteo Board upside down and attempt some break dancing while he played the theme tune to Beverly Hills Cop on his tape deck…!. :D

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Guest Toplass-101
Shit maaan Cath!

All topped off with a light blue Miami Vice jacket, sleeves rolled up and a t-shirt underneath.  ;)

90531[/snapback]

Ahhhh that it!

I knew there must have been a reason why I didnt hang round with you when we were bairns :D

I remember how much I used to idolise Michael Jackson. I had this black bomber coat with dog chains on it along with my black cord pants on. I would go down stairs, put my Bad record on while my parents sat there disturbed watching me while I span around grabbing my crotch...!  ;)

Then came the Run DMC era, adidas trainers, no laces with the massive tongues sticking out along with my trendy black addidas tracksuit. Me and my brother used to turn the Subbuteo Board upside down and attempt some break dancing while he played the theme tune to Beverly Hills Cop on his tape deck…!.  :blush:

90627[/snapback]

:D<_<

The thought of you spinning on your little baldy head on a subbuteo board, nnot to mention grabbing your crotch with Michael Jackson on. :nufc: