Was listening to the after match phone-in

Smooth Operator

.......on whatever station Malcolm McDonald does the phone in for, assumed it was Century.

A geezer rang up to ask Malcolm what he thought of Scott Parker's performance today. McDonald basically said he thought he was average and we could do a lot better than him, and that he always seemed to be stretching for the ball which is a sign he's not capable at this level of football.

Anyone else hear it, I didn't hear the full call but I couldn't believe it me like. McDonald usually talks sense when I listen to the Legends show, well I call it sense, it is compared to the shite Gates and Slaven come out with.

Didn't hear that call, but out of the three of them I actually prefer Gates.  Seems like a proper fan of his team, unlike McDonald who just talks crap to sound controversial or Slaven who's an idiot.

90065[/snapback]

McDonald doesn't talk crap at all, and I value his opinions as a top level player and as someone who looked like he'd make a decent manager.

However, he has got an irrational dislike of Parker. Personally, I think he's a bit hyped, but McDonald goes over the top. It's either because he's backed himself into a corner and won't admit he's wrong or because Parker shagged his pet poodle imo.

McDonald should just admit he was wrong initially about Parker but as Renton suggests, he's backed himself into a corner. I don't mind SuperMac and I quite like Gates on the show too (can't believe I'm saying that!). Slaven is moron though.

Didn't hear that call, but out of the three of them I actually prefer Gates.  Seems like a proper fan of his team, unlike McDonald who just talks crap to sound controversial or Slaven who's an idiot.

90065[/snapback]

McDonald doesn't talk crap at all, and I value his opinions as a top level player and as someone who looked like he'd make a decent manager.

However, he has got an irrational dislike of Parker. Personally, I think he's a bit hyped, but McDonald goes over the top. It's either because he's backed himself into a corner and won't admit he's wrong or because Parker shagged his pet poodle imo.

90071[/snapback]

McDonald thought Ameobi was the "real deal" to be fair....I've got no dislike of McDonald, but it's easier to be a pundit than a manager.

90065[/snapback]

90071[/snapback]

McDonald thought Ameobi was the "real deal" to be fair....I've got no dislike of McDonald, but it's easier to be a pundit than a manager.

90077[/snapback]

Yeah, but didn't he do OK as manager of Fulham before being sacked for non-football reasons?

90065[/snapback]

90071[/snapback]

90077[/snapback]

Yeah, but didn't he do OK as manager of Fulham before being sacked for non-football reasons?

90079[/snapback]

Well I don't know what his record was like tbh...all I'm saying is that it's a tough job (one which he clearly got put off quite easily).

I know a few Boro fans who see Slaven as no where near the status "Legend" at all, and that they only have him there as the next best thing...

90148[/snapback]

Canny few Mackems have said the same to me about Gates tbh, he was a cann player for Ipswich like.

90065[/snapback]

McDonald doesn't talk crap at all

90071[/snapback]

McDonald thought Ameobi was the "real deal"

He does like.

90065[/snapback]

90071[/snapback]

He does like.

90157[/snapback]

Isn't that what your hero Souness thought as well though? 20 goal a season man! ;)

He doesn't talk half as much crap as you to be fair. :D

90065[/snapback]

90071[/snapback]

He does like.

90157[/snapback]

Isn't that what your hero Souness thought as well though? 20 goal a season man! ;)

He doesn't talk half as much crap as you to be fair. :D

90159[/snapback]

I can only imagine if they gave you a slot on there. It would be like on Nightowls when people used to ring in saying they were gonna commit suicide, only this time it would be EVERY caller. <_<

Think Parker's been overhyped a bit tbh. That said, he should be in the England squad, but alongside, not instead of Carrick.

90443[/snapback]

Carrick is over rated big time. Having said that, he is ideal for International football rather than Premiership.

Think Parker's been overhyped a bit tbh. That said, he should be in the England squad, but alongside, not instead of Carrick.

90443[/snapback]

Carrick is over rated big time. Having said that, he is ideal for International football rather than Premiership.

90538[/snapback]

Strange, I think most people on here and N-O under-rate Carrick. I think he's a canny player. Wish we'd signed him.

I think Macdonald talks a lot of Sh1te to be honest. He's very uninformed for a pundit and doesnt see that much of the team. I'd say Gatesy was the best of the three. Slaven is too anti-Newcastle to be anything decent

.......on whatever station Malcolm McDonald does the phone in for, assumed it was Century.

A geezer rang up to ask Malcolm what he thought of Scott Parker's performance today. McDonald basically said he thought he was average and we could do a lot better than him, and that he always seemed to be stretching for the ball which is a sign he's not capable at this level of football.

Anyone else hear it, I didn't hear the full call but I couldn't believe it me like. McDonald usually talks sense when I listen to the Legends show, well I call it sense, it is compared to the shite Gates and Slaven come out with.

90056[/snapback]

I heard one of the Legends shows one day last week (before the Pompey game anyway) and MM was spouting an awful lot of shite about Parker pretty much along the same lines as you've posted above. A few different people phoned in and tried to argue the toss with him and he basically spoke over them and just kept saying "But what has he actually DONE since he got here?!"

Errrrrrr....have you actually been watching him play, Malcolm, or do you just have a massive personal dislike of him, cos for every game I've seen him play (mebbes bar one) he's played a blinder ;)

As for him not moving out of the centre circle? (Mr McGroin) As far as I can see, he's doing his job solidly in midfield, doesn't try and play in positions that he's not capable of, and doesn't try and take any glory by wandering up front and trying to be a hero. He quietly gets on with what he's paid to do - which is more than can be said for a lot of our players!

Edited by catmag

90056[/snapback]

I heard one of the Legends shows one day last week (before the Pompey game anyway) and MM was spouting an awful lot of shite about Parker pretty much along the same lines as you've posted above. A few different people phoned in and tried to argue the toss with him and he basically spoke over them and just kept saying "But what has he actually DONE since he got here?!"

Errrrrrr....have you actually been watching him play, Malcolm, or do you just have a massive personal dislike of him, cos for every game I've seen him play (mebbes bar one) he's played a blinder ;)

As for him not moving out of the centre circle? (Mr McGroin) As far as I can see, he's doing his job solidly in midfield, doesn't try and play in positions that he's not capable of, and doesn't try and take any glory by wandering up front and trying to be a hero. He quietly gets on with what he's paid to do - which is more than can be said for a lot of our players!

90665[/snapback]

I think he means Carrick.