The Chelsea scouting system!

Craig

lol, Wright Phillips springs to mind

90561[/snapback]

Did you hear the story they were willing to let him go to Liverpoo for £9million on the last day of the transfer window?

90562[/snapback]

pfff, ridiculous...

.. can we have him ?

Anyone else get the feeling that the Adu thing is only to stop everyone else getting him and nothing to do with making their squad better?

90571[/snapback]

I thought that was Chelsea's transfer policy anyway ;)

90575[/snapback]

Well, it's just becoming a lot more obvious now they've got a first team in place and are buying all the youngsters I guess...

I remeber thinking that Rangers under Murray/Souness/Smith a few years ago had a policy of buying all the good players from Hearts/Aberdeen etc just to make sure those teams never developed into challengers - the players themselves always seemed to disappear but better in Rangers reserves than possibly taking points off them.

Chelsea now seem to be following that example imo.

I remeber thinking that Rangers under Murray/Souness/Smith a few years ago had a policy of buying all the good players from Hearts/Aberdeen etc just to make sure those teams never developed into challengers - the players themselves always seemed to disappear but better in Rangers reserves than possibly taking points off them.

90648[/snapback]

Apart from SWP, who have they done that with?

Arsene Wenger was hinting at something a few weeks ago. Every time he rings a club to enquire about a player, the club then rings him back and says Chelsea are also interested and therefore his value has almost doubled. Very interesting.

90648[/snapback]

90681[/snapback]

Just recently their interest in Theo Walcott made me think of it.

90648[/snapback]

90681[/snapback]

90744[/snapback]

The interest that Liverpool, Man United, Spurs and Arsenal had too?

90648[/snapback]

90681[/snapback]

90744[/snapback]

90749[/snapback]

Blue-tinted specs tbh.

90648[/snapback]

90681[/snapback]

90744[/snapback]

90749[/snapback]

Blue-tinted specs tbh.

90753[/snapback]

Forgetting the joke for a minute, don't you agree?

Salary cap is the answer tbh. Wouldn't like to be the one trying to get the big clubs to agree to it mind.

90850[/snapback]

It will require a change in European Law otherwise the clubs will just bypass UEFA like Bosman did.