I'm convinced that N'Zogbia is....

Smooth Operator

One bad appointment that "I" [and the vast majority] was opposed drastically to.....that I "knew" would fail.....I had my doubts Gullit would be a success, but obviously hoped he would win the FA Cup like he did with Chelsea.

If nothing else it proves you wrong that while I obviously have my own opinion..I can accept people sometimes don't agree Alex ... mate.....and Gemmill...what I wouldn't do is continue to insist I was right when it was obvious I wasn't !!!

I can't see what point you are making, the one I've always made was you can't criticise someone for making an appointment you agree with, in my case that is only one manager I really didn't want from day 1

The point also about all these managers is they are all trophy winners, so you can't fault his ambition to get them

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One bad appointment that "I" [and the vast majority] was opposed drastically to.....that I "knew" would fail.....I had my doubts Gullit would be a success, but obviously hoped he would win the FA Cup like he did with Chelsea.

If nothing else it proves you wrong that while I obviously have my own opinion..I can accept people sometimes don't agree Alex ... mate.....and Gemmill...what I wouldn't do is continue to insist I was right when it was obvious I wasn't !!!

I can't see what point you are making, the one I've always made was you can't criticise someone for making an appointment you agree with, in my case that is only one manager I really didn't want from day 1

The point also about all these managers is they are all trophy winners, so you can't fault his ambition to get them

91022[/snapback]

Would you be happy with Hitzfeld then?

91022[/snapback]

Would you be happy with Hitzfeld then?

91030[/snapback]

Ecstatic.

And if it goes wrong, those backing Hitzfeld can't criticise Shepherds choice later ...

I don't think a chairman of our football can do any more than appoint a trophy winner, who we think can bring us success, and the same, and back him and give him freedom to do the job.

Souness for me was a one off, he had won trophies, or trophy, in spite of being an incompetent bullying useless twat.

Edited by LeazesMag

I've always liked the look of Zog, not just his potential ability, but his willingness to go past players, to attack the ball and to shoot when the chance arrives. He clearly has confidence in himself and he also puts in the effort over 90 mins.

Of course a "proper" judge of footballers like Souness thought Ameobi (an out of form striker) playing on the left was a better bet than Zog there, so what do the likes of us fans know!

91022[/snapback]

The point I'm trying to make is that Shepherd has made 3 bad appointments and whether the majority of fans were in favour of these or not is pretty irrelevant. It doesn't alter the fact the were poor appointments. In the case of Souness, it was pretty obvious he would fail and if he'd done his homework on Gullit he should have realised he wasn't the man for the job given the way he did his job at Chelsea (doing the research is Shepherd's job, not the fans').

91022[/snapback]

The point I'm trying to make is that Shepherd has made 3 bad appointments and whether the majority of fans were in favour of these or not is pretty irrelevant. It doesn't alter the fact the were poor appointments. In the case of Souness, it was pretty obvious he would fail and if he'd done his homework on Gullit he should have realised he wasn't the man for the job given the way he did his job at Chelsea (doing the research is Shepherd's job, not the fans').

91191[/snapback]

In respect of the requirements that should be laid down for the Newcastle job, being a manager should have a track record of winning trophies - do you agree ? [meanwhile the fact that managers who were trophy winners wouldn't look twice at Newcastle United pre-1992 tells you how much bigger the current board has made us, not that I expect you to hear that fact Alex].

So if you agree, and he has backed them to the hilt to repeat that success, please explain what else you think he can do ?

I would say appointing managers who you know would be failures to be bad appointments, in in my opinion the only manager who I despised and really didn't want was Souness.

Despite Dalglish and Gullits mediocrity, they did at least get us to a Cup Final, and they weren't as bad as Souness. There is also a case for saying both of them could have been given more time too, but not for Souness.

Despite Dalglish and Gullits mediocrity, they did at least get us to a Cup Final, and they weren't as bad as Souness. There is also a case for saying both of them could have been given more time too, but not for Souness.

91327[/snapback]

If there's an argument they should have been given more time, who is to blame they weren't? Not Shepherd, surely :lol:

Watching MOTD it was noticeable how he stayed really cool for his goal - he held back, got his feet sorted out (are you listening Shola?) and then placed it carefully instead of just wellying it towards Ponteland.......

91327[/snapback]

If there's an argument they should have been given more time, who is to blame they weren't? Not Shepherd, surely :lol:

91370[/snapback]

He did what the supporters wanted mate

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

He should be a leader not a follower, dont you think?

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

Given the evidence of some of the braindead muppets that gather outside of SJP, doing what the supporters want is the last thing he should be doing.

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

Given the evidence of some of the braindead muppets that gather outside of SJP, doing what the supporters want is the last thing he should be doing.

91878[/snapback]

you mean those that were shouting "souness out" don't you

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

did you say something ?

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

91878[/snapback]

you mean those that were shouting "souness out" don't you

91897[/snapback]

No, I mean the cretins that throw themselves in front of the mic everytime there's a camera there.

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

did you say something ?

91898[/snapback]

Yes I said "He should be a leader not a follower, dont you think?"

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

did you say something ?

91898[/snapback]

91905[/snapback]

Oh

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

did you say something ?

91898[/snapback]

91905[/snapback]

Oh

91906[/snapback]

;)

91327[/snapback]

91370[/snapback]

91850[/snapback]

91873[/snapback]

did you say something ?

91898[/snapback]

91905[/snapback]

Oh

91906[/snapback]

Leazesmag lost for words. I am the King of the internet

I don't believe in the slightest that FS has appointed any manager based on who the supporters want, he's ( meaning the Board ) appointed people usually for a single character trait to turn around some negative within the team. It's been the choice of the Board, not the fans. It's very blinkered and is his major weakness, in all other aspects he does a top job.

I don't believe in the slightest that FS has appointed any manager based on who the supporters want, he's ( meaning the Board ) appointed people usually for a single character trait to turn around some negative within the team. It's been the choice of the Board, not the fans. It's very blinkered and is his major weakness, in all other aspects he does a top job.

91962[/snapback]

I think his major failing is sacking managers at stupid times, I think this time he got it right though. Plenty of time to find and appoint the best man