F1's greatest drivers

Shearergol

Gol you talk a load of shite at times....

1. Ayrton Senna

2. Jim Clark

3. Gilles Villeneuve

Winning the most titles doesn't make you the greatest there's ever been, it just serves to show how shit the opposition, and how superior the car the guy has driven....

Schumacher - a top F1 driver without a doubt. The best there's been? Not a fucking chance!

Senna hands down for me.

Eddie Irvine was always a favourite of mine too, would have loved him to win the title in the year Shuey broke his leg.

Not too knowledgeable about the old days so my list is based on favourites:

1 Senna

2 Irvine

3 Mansell

Although I don't paricularly hate Shuey, I often find myself willing him to hit the wall at 200+ mph!

Not the best thing to base it on though is it? If I based my list on favourites then none of the mentioned names would be in it.

90270[/snapback]

I'm terribly sorry Sherergol! I shall know better next time. <_<;)

Would throw Jacque Villenueve in as my most despised F1 driver ever btw, is that ok? :D

Not the best thing to base it on though is it? If I based my list on favourites then none of the mentioned names would be in it.

90270[/snapback]

I'm terribly sorry Sherergol! I shall know better next time. :blush:;)

Would throw Jacque Villenueve in as my most despised F1 driver ever btw, is that ok? :D

90272[/snapback]

Wasn't a dig btw (although if you spell my name wrong again, it might be <_<)

I've hated loads of drivers over the years, mainly the British ones.

90270[/snapback]

I'm terribly sorry Sherergol! I shall know better next time. :nufc:;)

90272[/snapback]

Wasn't a dig btw (although if you spell my name wrong again, it might be <_<)

I've hated loads of drivers over the years, mainly the British ones.

90275[/snapback]

I know just craic Shergargol :blush:

90270[/snapback]

I'm terribly sorry Sherergol! I shall know better next time. <_<;)

90272[/snapback]

Agree with you about Jacques. Total insult to his father's name....

One of the reasons I partiularly like reading SniffPetrol. They always refer to him as Jacques 'fucking' Villeneuve as below:

OH NO, IT'S VILLENEUVE

There was dismay in F1 this month with news that Jacques fucking Villeneuve has replaced Jarno Trulli at Renault and will have a drive at Sauber for the 2005 season. After losing his seat at BAR last year many motor sport fans had hoped that the stupid-voiced undeserving former World Champion would turn his back on Formula 1 forever. "You cannot deny that Jacques fucking Villeneuve is capable of putting on a good show," noted Maurice Ital of Every Other Sunday magazine. "And yet it's equally hard to deny that he's a complete bell-end who gets on everyone's nerves". Sources say that, although everyone in F1 agrees that Jacques fucking Villeneuve is so annoying that you just want to attack him with a hammer, there is some debate about which is the most annoying part of this festival of quite unbelievable annoyance. "I think it's his ratty little face," said one high ranking member of a leading F1 team. "Especially when he grows that bloody stupid tufty little beard". However, not everyone in the paddock is quite so sure. "I'd have to vote for his ridiculous accent as the most annoying part of Jacques fucking Villeneuve," added another senior engineer from a rival team. "Although there's always those sodding ridiculous baggy overalls, they're quite annoying too. Oh wait, what about his questionable talent and reliance on his legendary surname? That's annoying too. And I haven't even considered his stupid swaggering arrogance, the cocky little shit. God, there's so much to choose from…"

Whilst the F1 community struggles to decide which is Jacques fucking Villeneuve's most annoying quality, seasoned observers have already highlighted a more serious concern. "I think we have a very real and dangerous situation on our hands," warned one experienced motorsport journalist. "On his own Jacques fucking Villeneuve is more annoying than it's humanly possible to quantify. But we should not forget the exceptionally high risk of accidentally creating an unprecedented 'super annoyance' which will slay TV audiences and destroy the entire sport forever. To prevent this there is only one solution: Jacques fucking Villeneuve must be kept at least 100 yards away from James twatting Allen".

Villeneuve01.jpg
When a man is tired of smashing

Jacques fucking Villeneuve in the

face with a fire extinguisher,

he is tired of life.

Source: http://www.sniffpetrol.com/issue055.html

He also shagged Dannii Minogue (although I know Craig doesn't like her), but that's another reason to hate him IMO ;)

90283[/snapback]

He'd still be a cunt when he'd shagged Dannii or not....

90270[/snapback]

Would throw Jacque Villenueve in as my most despised F1 driver ever btw, is that ok? :blush:

90272[/snapback]

One of the reasons I partiularly like reading SniffPetrol. They always refer to him as Jacques 'fucking' Villeneuve as below:

OH NO, IT'S VILLENEUVE

There was dismay in F1 this month with news that Jacques fucking Villeneuve has replaced Jarno Trulli at Renault and will have a drive at Sauber for the 2005 season. After losing his seat at BAR last year many motor sport fans had hoped that the stupid-voiced undeserving former World Champion would turn his back on Formula 1 forever. "You cannot deny that Jacques fucking Villeneuve is capable of putting on a good show," noted Maurice Ital of Every Other Sunday magazine. "And yet it's equally hard to deny that he's a complete bell-end who gets on everyone's nerves". Sources say that, although everyone in F1 agrees that Jacques fucking Villeneuve is so annoying that you just want to attack him with a hammer, there is some debate about which is the most annoying part of this festival of quite unbelievable annoyance. "I think it's his ratty little face," said one high ranking member of a leading F1 team. "Especially when he grows that bloody stupid tufty little beard". However, not everyone in the paddock is quite so sure. "I'd have to vote for his ridiculous accent as the most annoying part of Jacques fucking Villeneuve," added another senior engineer from a rival team. "Although there's always those sodding ridiculous baggy overalls, they're quite annoying too. Oh wait, what about his questionable talent and reliance on his legendary surname? That's annoying too. And I haven't even considered his stupid swaggering arrogance, the cocky little shit. God, there's so much to choose from…"

Whilst the F1 community struggles to decide which is Jacques fucking Villeneuve's most annoying quality, seasoned observers have already highlighted a more serious concern. "I think we have a very real and dangerous situation on our hands," warned one experienced motorsport journalist. "On his own Jacques fucking Villeneuve is more annoying than it's humanly possible to quantify. But we should not forget the exceptionally high risk of accidentally creating an unprecedented 'super annoyance' which will slay TV audiences and destroy the entire sport forever. To prevent this there is only one solution: Jacques fucking Villeneuve must be kept at least 100 yards away from James twatting Allen".

Villeneuve01.jpg

he is tired of life.

90280[/snapback]

:D<_<

My main problem with him was the way he treat Button when they were team mates, then Button went on to beat him hands down over the course of the season! :nufc:

90270[/snapback]

Would throw Jacque Villenueve in as my most despised F1 driver ever btw, is that ok? :blush:

90272[/snapback]

OH NO, IT'S VILLENEUVE

Villeneuve01.jpg

he is tired of life.

90280[/snapback]

:D<_<

My main problem with him was the way he treat Button when they were team mates, then Button went on to beat him hands down over the course of the season! :nufc:

90286[/snapback]

My main problem with him is that he's simply a cunt! No need for any extra explanation.... :nufc:

1. The late GREAT Ayrton Senna

2 Schumacher

3. Mansell.

Senna is my all time hero in life not just sport. For me he summed up what racing is all about, determind, skilled, on the edge at times and totally single minded almost to the point of ruthlessness, to achieve his aim. I know Fangio was Senna's hero, but i dont know enough about him to put him in my 3, he probably was the best ever F1 driver if you take into account the danger of racing in those days, certainly you had to be either very brave or just plain nuts! ;) But i've picked my top 3 by what i've seen and experienced.

I still miss Senna....for me, F1 was never the same after he died so tragically. I just couldnt believe it, what a great loss....i watch other types of motorsports now like touring cars, DTM etc and see Alesi still giving it his all and wonder if Senna would have done the same.

Schumacher....GRRR <_< I have to be honest and say i used to really (quite irrationally) detest this man. It was probably all to do with Damon Hill and what MS did to him at that last race in Melboune 94 :blush:

But over the years i've warmed to him :D You cant deny his very great abilities and achievments. I wished we'd seen Senna and Schumacher going to head to head far more.

Mansell. Picked Mansell in my top 3 cos he's English and we dont have many champions in anything...holding the two titles simultaneuosly was good, although anyone could have won the title in the williams that year! He certainly was a talented driver though, bloody determind and very stubborn.....still love watching those old races of him and senna wheel to wheel..great stuff!!

Nigel also gets my vote as no 1 for acting....loved the dramatic, totally exhausted way he finished each race and struggled from the car!

Have to mention Jean Alesi and Gerherd Berger too....enjoyed watching them both.

Schumacher......grrr

Almost as bad as Villenueve tbh. Great driver and definitely in the top 10 of all drivers, agreed.....but:

1. He has more than a lot to thank Ferrari for..

2. He can thank Wili Webber for getting him those water-tight contracts which means his team-mate (the only man in equal machinery) can't touch him.

3. He buckles under pressure - the greatest driver IMO will only get better under pressure...

Schumacher......grrr

Almost as bad as Villenueve tbh. Great driver and definitely in the top 10 of all drivers, agreed.....but:

1. He has more than a lot to thank Ferrari for..

2. He can thank Wili Webber for getting him those water-tight contracts which means his team-mate (the only man in equal machinery) can't touch him.

3. He buckles under pressure - the greatest driver IMO will only get better under pressure...

90317[/snapback]

...just like senna ;)

I don't call the '84 Toleman or the '93 McLaren the best cars on the grid. And Senna did his own contracts and 'raced' his team-mates (particualrly Prost).

Schumacher isn't in the same league IMO...

I don't call the '84 Toleman or the '93 McLaren the best cars on the grid. And Senna did his own contracts and 'raced' his team-mates (particualrly Prost).

90391[/snapback]

I think she was referring to your last point, about getting better with pressure.

You actually are an anorak though aren't you ;)

90391[/snapback]

I think she was referring to your last point, about getting better with pressure.

90394[/snapback]

I only remember once Senna fucking it up under pressure - Brazil '94 and even then they said the car was absolute dogshit to drive...

As for the anorak thing, I've followed F1 since I was 4 so I have knowledge in it, yes....

90391[/snapback]

90394[/snapback]

yes, she was, thank you Gol :D

90391[/snapback]

90394[/snapback]

I only remember once Senna fucking it up under pressure - Brazil '94 and even then they said the car was absolute dogshit to drive...

As for the anorak thing, I've followed F1 since I was 4 so I have knowledge in it, yes....

90398[/snapback]

No, you're not grasping this one yet are you.

Her full sentence should read...

"greatest drivers should improve under pressure, like Senna" :D