F1 favourite drivers

Smooth Operator

OK, now we're talking favourites i'd go for

1 Senna

2. Alesi

3. Mika Hakkinen

I like Barrichello too, who doesnt? But although he's a great guy and all that, he just lacks that ruthless edge that it takes to be a great driver.

Wonder if Rossi will get a drive? He's been looking good in testing.

90329[/snapback]

Done deal from what I've heard. 2007 Ferrari team will be Raikkonen and Rossi..

*toontastic exclusive*

90353[/snapback]

Looks as though Rossi will be quick....mind, it could all go tits up!

I bought my son the Rossi biography, he says its a really good read.

What do you think about the Squadro Torro Rosso team? (sp) Poor minardi fans ;)

90367[/snapback]

It's Minardi rebranded really isn't it?

Has had a bit more money thrown at it courtesy of Red Bull but then so has Jordan/Midland. They may get a bit closer to the others but not by much...

The mobile chicanes that will be Super Aguri are going to be interesting. Particualrly as it looks like that maverick Takuma Sato is driving for them!

90376[/snapback]

Maybe they'd like people to think that-but theyre killing that little team. Eventually it looks like they will move out of their factory and local staff lose their jobs.

Have a look on a minardi forum. Shocking really!

Edited by Toonraider

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic but am I the only person who hates James Allen with a passion? You're not Murray Walker so don't fucking try to be matey!

90395[/snapback]

i detest him!!!! :D

How the hell did he get the job? Give it to Damon hill with the brilliantly sarcastic Martin Brundle as his side kick i say!

Brundle is a legend.....Full Bananas!!!!! ;)

OK, now we're talking favourites i'd go for

1 Senna

2. Alesi

3. Mika Hakkinen

I like Barrichello too, who doesnt? But although he's a great guy and all that, he just lacks that ruthless edge that it takes to be a great driver.

Wonder if Rossi will get a drive? He's been looking good in testing.

90329[/snapback]

Nooooooooo!

Why?

90334[/snapback]

i know :blush: alot of people say that. I put it down to the fact im a big Mclaren fan i suppose, so always followed his progress...especially loved wwatching him in qualifying...bloody brilliant! Mika races DTM now.

90350[/snapback]

There was talk of him returning to F1. Bottled it though didn't he? Never was great under pressure.

90352[/snapback]

Nope - he wanted the Williams drive and said that if he didn't get it, he'd do DTM. Williams put their efforts into signing Button instead and Mika was lost to the hardtops....

Did seem boring, but I think that was more down to the Finnish mannerisms and had a sense of humour which was second to none. By far the fastest F1 driver of the modern (post '94) era..

PS: Skol, if you reckon Raikkonen is boring you don't take much interest in the sport - the kid is a fucking wild-child! <_<

90370[/snapback]

On the track he's great but off it he's bliddy awful. I liked him at Sauber until they interviewed him after the Australian GP qualifying. The man puts me to sleep.

90377[/snapback]

You're referring to his monotone interviews I see....

Have a search for his 'extra curricular' activities.... :nufc:

90378[/snapback]

kimi_raikkonen.jpg

;)

90381[/snapback]

LOL nearly choked on my coffee then....i have an exact piccy of my hubby stood just like that with a tumble dryer hose in place :blush::nufc:

90390[/snapback]

Was he tumble drying your barnet?

90396[/snapback]

:nufc: Nooo

He was messing about and posed for a pic with it, i forgot to add he was fully dressed and it was all perfectly innocent :D

I must scan the pic in and post it :blush:

Slightly off topic but am I the only person who hates James Allen with a passion? You're not Murray Walker so don't fucking try to be matey!

90395[/snapback]

i detest him!!!! :D

How the hell did he get the job? Give it to Damon hill with the brilliantly sarcastic Martin Brundle as his side kick i say!

90404[/snapback]

Back to SniffPetrol we go.....

AllenCampaign01.gif

AllenCampaign02.gif

AllenCampaign03.gif

AllenCampaign04.gif

AllenCampaign05.gif

AllenCampaign06.gif

AllenCampaign09.gif

<_< Nooo

He was messing about and posed for a pic with it, i forgot to add he was fully dressed and it was all perfectly innocent  :D

I must scan the pic in and post it  :blush:

90407[/snapback]

;)

He was messing about and posed for a pic with it, i forgot to add he was fully dressed and it was all perfectly innocent  ;)

I must scan the pic in and post it  :D

90407[/snapback]

Molesting kitchen appliances is never innocent tbh.

90395[/snapback]

i detest him!!!! <_<

Brundle is a legend.....Full Bananas!!!!! :D

90404[/snapback]

AllenCampaign01.gif

90408[/snapback]

;)

He even named his son Enzo, for fuck sake. That's a sign of a cock.

90395[/snapback]

i detest him!!!! <_<

90404[/snapback]

AllenCampaign01.gif

90408[/snapback]

Was just going to post that...my son uses that site :D

We've been moaning since day one to get Allen out, hes a full on prick!!! Makes me cringe!

He was messing about and posed for a pic with it, i forgot to add he was fully dressed and it was all perfectly innocent  ;)

I must scan the pic in and post it  :blush:

90407[/snapback]

Molesting kitchen appliances is never innocent tbh.

90412[/snapback]

:nufc:

i think he was wishful thinking :nufc: ..and as we were at my out-laws at the time, im sure it was innocent.....least i hope so!!! <_<:D

Bah! Can't believe I've been working all day and missed not one but two F1 threads. Right:

1. Gilles Villeneuve - The most exciting pure racer I ever did see. Still my hero.

2. Jean Alesi - Another balls-out driver, sublime car conrol, absolutely electric in wet races.

3. James Hunt - Gentleman, playboy, sex addict and a Brit.

1. Johnny Herbert

2. Jenson Button

3. Ricardo Zonta

I don't know why, but I've always been so fond of Zonta... it's quite nice supporting someone where you can consider it a success if they get to about lap 11 without crashing yet. The time he was in 3rd for most of the race, I almost died with nerves for him.

And Jens is just lovely. :razz:

And Johnny's incredible to have had such a long and successful (he won 3 races... I'd consider that a success, everything considered) F1 career after his BrandsHatch crash. I saw a photo of that for the first time the other month.... :lol: You can actually see his feet hanging off. *shudder* I'd also never really realised just HOW good he was before that, either... It really rams home how much things can change in just a split second. Scary. Oh, and he's also a great guy too... such a character! :razz:

He even named his son Enzo, for fuck sake. That's a sign of a cock.

90413[/snapback]

Spot on. That poor, poor child. As if having James Allen for a dad isn't bad enough.

I hate how he treats viewers like imbeciles that have never watched F1 before.. never even seen a car before.... suddenly he'll start explaining the most simplest of concepts (the cars have four wheels each) (actually I remember that marvellous time when the ferrari pit crew forgot that... oh how I laugh...) ... and I really do want to throw things at him.

When I was in the same room as him I made sure that I kept well away from him, because I couldn't trust myself not to cause him any kind of physical injury if he got within reach. Disposing of his voice box would be a nice start.

Annnnyyyywaaayyy......!! :lol:

I believe Ayrton Snenna is still well thought of in West Reading where he lived for quite a while - used to pop into his old local even when he was famous........... I think they renamed the street he lived in after him when he died.............................................

I believe Ayrton Snenna is still well thought of in West Reading where he lived for quite a while - used to pop into his old local even when he was famous...........  I think they renamed the street he lived in after him when he died.............................................

91221[/snapback]

Bit of a miserly tribute, mind...

image1qz.gif

Its Ayrton Senna Road on Multimap - just behind the Tilehurst Water Tower which is the white tower you can see from the M4 I guess

Presumably tho that's where he lived - I heard it was a modern terrace (or "town house" as they say in the Sarf) he rented there

51 deg 27 min 11.32 sec N 001 deg 02 min 54.43 sec W of Google Earth

Its Ayrton Senna Road on Multimap - just behind the Tilehurst Water Tower which is the white tower you can see from the M4 I guess

Presumably tho that's where he lived - I heard it was a modern terrace (or "town house" as they say in the Sarf)  he rented there

51 deg 27 min 11.32 sec N 001 deg 02 min 54.43 sec W of Google Earth

91329[/snapback]

To think, we could have all gone to our grave not knowing this :lol: