Your Football favourites

Toonraider

Following on from the F1 threads, who are your top 3 all time favourite players?

mine...

1. Shearer. Predictable i know, but his loyality and professionalism are second to none...a legend!

2. Zola. Great skillful little player...and imo, the best foreigner we've had over here. (Nobby comes a close 2nd)

By the way, tonight he plays in a charity match for macclesfield, zola's 11..inc Poyet and Le Saux, its live on chelski TV though :D;)

3 Rodney Jack. Ok, he's wasnt the greatest..but is my favourite ever torquay player. From St Vincent, he has legend status here...exciting player who we all really loved.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer.. nothing that can be said that hasn't already been said

Tino (can't do anything but love this guy)

Stuart Pearce. sort of Anti-Tino but loved the guy just as much.

1 shearer

2 shearer

3 shearer

well u kno it by now

90593[/snapback]

Do you like Shearer then?

90595[/snapback]

like? i love the great one...the choosen one hehe...i worshio him

u need to hear wot extent i go to support the man(ask my mum and family)

I have met Sachin Tendulkar in person but not in awe even though he is The

Sachin Tendulkar....I think meeting Shearer or even having his site would make

my negligible life worthwhile!!!

;) rocks

Edited by aaalan

1. Laurent Robert

2. Stevie Taylor

3. Amdy Faye

90597[/snapback]

No Kluivert?

90598[/snapback]

Nah, why would you think that?

90599[/snapback]

Thought you liked him? I remember you saying he'd fail here because he's miles too good for us.

1. Laurent Robert

2. Stevie Taylor

3. Amdy Faye

90597[/snapback]

No Kluivert?

90598[/snapback]

Nah, why would you think that?

90599[/snapback]

Thought you liked him? I remember you saying he'd fail here because he's miles too good for us.

90602[/snapback]

Yeah, he was one of my favourite players, but he didn't do anything at Newcastle to make him my favourite.

I got stuck by the third one, so I said wor Amdy, noone knows if its Amdy or Amady or Fay or Fie (pronunciation)

I've bowled at Rahul Dravid - how does that compare to Tendulkar ?

90603[/snapback]

well Dravid is more like a methodist and a team man....

When u talk to SACHIN its more like the Top ...of the game

for E.g...if u talk of F1...wot is the 1st thing that comes to ones mind?/?>>>Schumi

Similarly... when u talk of cricket its Sachin or Bradman!!

Btw where did u bolw to Dravis? sure u uprooted his stumps :D

;) rocks

90603[/snapback]

;) Why? When?

90605[/snapback]

When he was playing for the Saltires my Dad organised some curry nights that he would attend to help raise money (to pay his wages...). There was one in Fochabers, one in Edinburgh and one in Northampton.

Because my Dad lived in Fochabers he set up more of an event there and Dravid did a sort of batting masterclass followed by an attempt to hit a ball clean into the river behind the pitch (which he didn't manage). For the masterclass, a few of the guys who played for Fochabers got to bowl at him but he was nice and didn't completely hammer us about like he so obviously could have if he wanted to. Having said that, my mate, who was about 16 at the time, almost bowled him but the jammy git inside edged it past his leg stump.

I also bowled at Mike Atherton in about 1997. My brother made him swear.

90603[/snapback]

;) Why? When?

90605[/snapback]

When he was playing for the Saltires my Dad organised some curry nights that he would attend to help raise money (to pay his wages...). There was one in Fochabers, one in Edinburgh and one in Northampton.

Because my Dad lived in Fochabers he set up more of an event there and Dravid did a sort of batting masterclass followed by an attempt to hit a ball clean into the river behind the pitch (which he didn't manage). For the masterclass, a few of the guys who played for Fochabers got to bowl at him but he was nice and didn't completely hammer us about like he so obviously could have if he wanted to. Having said that, my mate, who was about 16 at the time, almost bowled him but the jammy git inside edged it past his leg stump.

I also bowled at Mike Atherton in about 1997. My brother made him swear.

90610[/snapback]

Probably one of the first times I've been jealous of someone on here. Good stuff :D