spreadsheet help (part 2)

zico martin

a bloke at work asked me if it was possible to make the results of a formula different colours depending on the result. eg. red if score is less than 15, orange if between 15 and 20 and green if above 30.

any boffins out there know if this is possible?

( be your best friend)

a bloke at work asked me if it was possible to make the results of a formula different colours depending on the result.  eg. red if score is less than 15, orange if between 15 and 20 and green if above 30.

( be your best friend)

91672[/snapback]

Yep, use conditional formatting. Select the cell you want the format to occur on (say A1), then go to:

Format > Conditional Formatting

In 'Condition 1' select:

Cell value is less than 15 and then click the format button to select what you'd want the cell to look like if the condition is true.

for the orange and green ones, you'll need to add a couple more conditions and set the rules accordingly.

Hope this helps.

a bloke at work asked me if it was possible to make the results of a formula different colours depending on the result.  eg. red if score is less than 15, orange if between 15 and 20 and green if above 30.

( be your best friend)

91672[/snapback]

Yep, use conditional formatting. Select the cell you want the format to occur on (say A1), then go to:

Format > Conditional Formatting

In 'Condition 1' select:

Cell value is less than 15 and then click the format button to select what you'd want the cell to look like if the condition is true.

for the orange and green ones, you'll need to add a couple more conditions and set the rules accordingly.

Hope this helps.

91751[/snapback]

thanks craig, if id known it was so easy i would have had a proper look in the options!