I bought a new geetar!

Asprilla

Just for a bit of a change I thought I'd post something music related....might not be of interest to anyone but....

IMGP0726.jpg

IMGP0731.jpg

It's a Gibson SG....as used by Angus Young from AC/DC (among others)

shredder.gif

shredder.gif

shredder.gif

shredder.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's his wife I feel sorry for.  Works her fingers to the bone, and for what? :)

;)

91880[/snapback]

It's all worth it when she opens that door and hears the new jingle ;)

91886[/snapback]

Do we get a preview ??? :lol:

It's his wife I feel sorry for.  Works her fingers to the bone, and for what? :)

;)

91880[/snapback]

It's all worth it when she opens that door and hears the new jingle ;)

91886[/snapback]

Do we get a preview ??? :lol:

91887[/snapback]

One of these days...I'm sorting out a website at the moment for that very purpose :)

Very smart AF.

What type of guitar does Brian May use? has a distinct sound.

91892[/snapback]

Thanks TR, :lol:

*puts on trainspotter voice*

Brian May actually built his guitar when he was a teenager with some help from his dad. He calls it the "red special". It's possibly the most valuable guitar in the world as it's what he used on most of Queen's classics as well as being unique in terms of a major artist building his own guitar..

Having said that, I think BM himself commisioned a luthier to make a couple of very accurate replicas for touring etc. You can buy a mass produced version which is pretty similar for around £500.

*retains trainspotter voice anyway* ;)

When are you going to put some of your music up for us to hear?

91912[/snapback]

I'm about 2 months away from finishing my album, when that's done the first step will be to get it on cdbaby.com. They distribute music by unsigned acts and can help to generate a bit of interest for artists.

As for TV music etc, I'm in the process of getting a website done...it's a bit of a drag cause I've got to do it cheaply for now, but my wife had the brainwave of contacting the local 6th form to see if anyone there's capable/interested in earning a few quick bob.

I've made a couple of pages with Front Page although there's a couple of little tricks I want to see about.

I'll let people know when either thing happens though, afterall I have some pride at stake here! ;):lol:

91912[/snapback]

I'm about 2 months away from finishing my album, when that's done the first step will be to get it on cdbaby.com. They distribute music by unsigned acts and can help to generate a bit of interest for artists.

As for TV music etc, I'm in the process of getting a website done...it's a bit of a drag cause I've got to do it cheaply for now, but my wife had the brainwave of contacting the local 6th form to see if anyone there's capable/interested in earning a few quick bob.

I've made a couple of pages with Front Page although there's a couple of little tricks I want to see about.

I'll let people know when either thing happens though, afterall I have some pride at stake here! ;):lol:

91970[/snapback]

Fair play and good luck with it. Genuinely interested to hear it after all the hype*

*admittedly not all your own hype

91912[/snapback]

I'll let people know when either thing happens though, afterall I have some pride at stake here! :);)

91970[/snapback]

shall we have apoll on here for a relevant name for your site ...?? :lol:

(joke ;) )

How much was it?

91922[/snapback]

I paid £750. The good thing with guitars like Gibson and Fender is that if you're ever stuck for money they do hold their value and if you're lucky can even go up.

My other justification (to myself :lol: ) is that it's pretty much my only vice. I've given up smoking, I don't go to the pub/clubbing, don't have sky etc.....

I'll do it, I need the cash. :lol:

I would say £750 is well worth it for that model.. Mine was £509.99 and worth every penny. ;)