I bought a new geetar!

Asprilla

sweeeeet  :lol:

Heres mine

ibanez_gio.JPG

looks better in person, honest!

91926[/snapback]

Thanks ;) ,

Looks cool, I didn't know you played...what stuff are you into?

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much was it?

91922[/snapback]

I paid £750. The good thing with guitars like Gibson and Fender is that if you're ever stuck for money they do hold their value and if you're lucky can even go up.

My other justification (to myself ;) ) is that it's pretty much my only vice. I've given up smoking, I don't go to the pub/clubbing, don't have sky etc.....

91978[/snapback]

so where do you get " inspiration" for your music from ??? :lol:

How much was it?

91922[/snapback]

I paid £750. The good thing with guitars like Gibson and Fender is that if you're ever stuck for money they do hold their value and if you're lucky can even go up.

My other justification (to myself :lol: ) is that it's pretty much my only vice. I've given up smoking, I don't go to the pub/clubbing, don't have sky etc.....

91978[/snapback]

........do you have an above average sized penis and lots of sex?

Is that a special? Are you pleased with it?

91985[/snapback]

Yeah it's a special. Got it just before Christmas - kind of a "omg I must buy a new guitar" thing which I stuck on credit card and only just finished paying off.. Worth every penny though, plays like an absolute dream even with my complete lack of talent. ;)

Totally awesome. :lol:

don't have sky?

I feel your pain, I'm suffering ... "Freeview"

;)

91980[/snapback]

I miss the footy but apart from that I try not to watch too much TV..although I do watch a lot of dvds...er...does that count...? :lol:

As for TV music etc, I'm in the process of getting a website done...it's a bit of a drag cause I've got to do it cheaply for now, but my wife had the brainwave of contacting the local 6th form to see if anyone there's capable/interested in earning a few quick bob.

I'll do it, I need the cash. ;)

I would say £750 is well worth it for that model.. Mine was £509.99 and worth every penny. :)

91981[/snapback]

Let's PM..... :lol: maybe we can work something out ;)

91983[/snapback]

;) Good point, I feel like Cliff Richard at the moment!

I've obviously not always been so clean living so there's a few stories.... ;)

As for TV music etc, I'm in the process of getting a website done...it's a bit of a drag cause I've got to do it cheaply for now, but my wife had the brainwave of contacting the local 6th form to see if anyone there's capable/interested in earning a few quick bob.

I'll do it, I need the cash. :)

I would say £750 is well worth it for that model.. Mine was £509.99 and worth every penny. :)

91981[/snapback]

Let's PM..... :lol: maybe we can work something out ;)

91992[/snapback]

Seriously, feel free to PM, I haven't made a website for ages. ;)

91983[/snapback]

;) Good point, I feel like Cliff Richard at the moment!

I've obviously not always been so clean living so there's a few stories.... ;)

91993[/snapback]

looking forward to hearing your tunes then.... :)

Is that a special? Are you pleased with it?

91985[/snapback]

Yeah it's a special. Got it just before Christmas - kind of a "omg I must buy a new guitar" thing which I stuck on credit card and only just finished paying off.. Worth every penny though, plays like an absolute dream even with my complete lack of talent. ;)

Totally awesome. ;)

91987[/snapback]

That's what credit cards are there for! So you play a bit eh? :lol:

That's what credit cards are there for! So you play a bit eh?  :lol:

91998[/snapback]

A bit, yeah. ;) Not very well, but it's always preferable to college work. :) Unfortunately I've mostly been listening to stuff like Satriani, Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Vai lately and can't play anything remotely like that. ;)

That's what credit cards are there for! So you play a bit eh?  :lol:

91998[/snapback]

A bit, yeah. ;) Not very well, but it's always preferable to college work. :) Unfortunately I've mostly been listening to stuff like Satriani, Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Vai lately and can't play anything remotely like that. ;)

91999[/snapback]

The Shadows is blatantly where it's at tbh

Very smart AF.

What type of guitar does Brian May use? has a distinct sound.

91892[/snapback]

Thanks TR, :lol:

*puts on trainspotter voice*

Brian May actually built his guitar when he was a teenager with some help from his dad. He calls it the "red special". It's possibly the most valuable guitar in the world as it's what he used on most of Queen's classics as well as being unique in terms of a major artist building his own guitar..

Having said that, I think BM himself commisioned a luthier to make a couple of very accurate replicas for touring etc. You can buy a mass produced version which is pretty similar for around £500.

*retains trainspotter voice anyway* ;)

91966[/snapback]

Thanks AF. Look forward to hearing your music too.

If you should want a professional website anytime, check out my profile for the link to my sons business, thats what he does.

That's what credit cards are there for! So you play a bit eh?  ;)

91998[/snapback]

A bit, yeah. ;) Not very well, but it's always preferable to college work. :) Unfortunately I've mostly been listening to stuff like Satriani, Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Vai lately and can't play anything remotely like that. :)

91999[/snapback]

Me neither! :lol:

I like the guy in the Chili Peppers (John Frusciante) more melodic and lets face it easier to play!

Here's Mine, or at least a googled photo of it:

vintagevs63bz.jpg

Not bad guitar for the price I paid for it (£140 including p+p)

92016[/snapback]

Vintage guitars are getting a really good reputation from what I've heard...really well made for the money. Nice axe ;):lol:

Thanks AF. Look forward to hearing your music too.

If you should want a professional website anytime, check out my profile for the link to my sons business, thats what he does.

92022[/snapback]

Thanks TR, I've had "an offer" :lol: from Alreetlike so we'll see.

I've got a squire strat and have done for 13 year. You don't need to pay daft money, Robert Johnson's guitar was shit, and look at him. Brian may plays a fucking mantlepeice and look at him.

Anyone paying over £300 for a plank of wood wants their head read.

OPINION!

I've got a squire strat and have done for 13 year.  You don't need to pay daft money, Robert Johnson's guitar was shit, and look at him.  Brian may plays a fucking mantlepeice and look at him.

Anyone paying over £300 for a plank of wood wants their head read.

OPINION!

92055[/snapback]

I agree, I don't have to buy them, I just like guitars...I am the Imelda Marcos of the guitar world :lol:

AF, do you not fancy doing a quick sample and www.yousendit.coming it for us to hear?  Would love to hear it.  and any of you other budding Jimmy Pages.

N-O had a canny thread where a few people posted samples of their work that I enjoyed Here

92062[/snapback]

Good idea...I'll let you know when I post something. Might be next week though as I've got a fair bit of work until Monday.

Thanks  ,

Looks cool, I didn't know you played...what stuff are you into?

started off 10years ago playing nirvana, green day, pearl jam, soundgarden etc.

Then got a bit mellow and went for blind melon, temple of the dog etc.

Then got a bit punky ska into less than jake, millencolin etc.

now a bit more emo, fall out boy, story of the year, motion city soundtrack etc.

Also done a bit of old school thanks to my dads records, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc.

what about you?