Team for Everton?

RobT

Townsend doesnt think it's a penalty, and Osman agrees. Haha, suggested Wilson had no intention of getting the ball, you know, despite the fact that he, you know, got the ball :lol:

• Haha 3

We somehow keep getting results, so fair play to Cabbage head I suppose. In fairness as the commentators were saying there was much more of a clear plan today, as opposed to just blindly soaking up pressure and doing little in attack. I still don't like the idea that we played like the away team against a depleted Everton side, but again you can't argue with the result.

1 minute ago, Ugly Mackems said:

If Sala last night was a pen that was GBH. 

Indeed. Sala was a pen though, daft from the defender in that situation. Ugly for the sport that players go to the ground theatrically like that.

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

We somehow keep getting results, so fair play to Cabbage head I suppose. In fairness as the commentators were saying there was much more of a clear plan today, as opposed to just blindly soaking up pressure and doing little in attack. I still don't like the idea that we played like the away team against a depleted Everton side, but again you can't argue with the result.

Did we play like away team today? We created just as many chances as everton and should have scored more. He just has set up to play on the counter attack, as Rafa did mostly too. Today it resembled a Rafa performance for the second game running. Much improved since the Spurs and Liverpool games 

48 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Clear penalty. Piss take that Mina can do what he wants and Wilson gets a yellow for it 

Mina is just a shithouse wanker. Was chuffed Fraser absolutely done him for pace and made him look the lumbering fool he is for the second. 

Good performance that one. Everton are as always overrated to fuck again this year, sure they had a few players injured but they’ve spent a fucking fortune over recent years so it’s a soft excuse for getting bossed like that. Always nice to see Pickford twisting on the bench the little charver. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Mina is just a shithouse wanker. Was chuffed Fraser absolutely done him for pace and made him look the lumbering fool he is for the second. 

Good performance that one. Everton are as always overrated to fuck again this year, sure they had a few players injured but they’ve spent a fucking fortune over recent years so it’s a soft excuse for getting bossed like that. Always nice to see Pickford twisting on the bench the little charver. 

It would have been a slightly sweeter victory if Pickford was in goals. Apparently he's well overrated, though can't recall where I heard it first.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Mina typifies Neverton.Shithouses.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Did we play like away team today? We created just as many chances as everton and should have scored more. He just has set up to play on the counter attack, as Rafa did mostly too. Today it resembled a Rafa performance for the second game running. Much improved since the Spurs and Liverpool games 

I would say setting up to play on the counter when you're at home is the definition of playing like the away team. There's also the fact that Everton had 63% of the possession. And I didn't like it when Rafa did it either. But again I won't grumble too much if playing like this keeps getting results. The sooner we put ourselves safe the sooner things will become clearer in terms of any potential takeover whether it's a definite no or otherwise.

Edited by Polarboy

Just now, Polarboy said:

I would say setting up to play on the counter when you're at home is the definition of playing like the away team. There's also the fact the Everton had 63% of the possession. And I didn't like it when Rafa did it either. But again I won't grumble too much if playing like this keeps getting results. The sooner we put ourselves safe the sooner things will become clearer in terms of any potential takeover whether it's a definite no or otherwise.

I don’t mind playing on the counter, even as the home team, if executed well, as it was today. It wasn’t a case of just camping on the edge of our box then turning over possession cheaply after we win it back. We defended well then broke quickly with purpose, Particularly in the second half, and created the better chances. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t mind playing on the counter, even as the home team, if executed well, as it was today. It wasn’t a case of just camping on the edge of our box then turning over possession cheaply after we win it back. We defended well then broke quickly with purpose, Particularly in the second half, and created the better chances. 

No doubt it was better than what we've seen at times this season when we've just sat back and seemingly hoped for the best, but I suppose it comes down to personal taste in terms of playing style. Again at least we had a discernable style of play today. Long may it continue if we keep getting points. Well at least until the end of the season when Cabbage head is given a terse thank you, sacked by the Saudi's having bought the club, and we go on a massive spending spree on players, coaching staff and infrastructure 😉 I can dream for now at least.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1