Team for Everton?

RobT

Good result. I struggle to see how it can be described as a decent performance as it was still pretty grim to watch but it was still a fair result.

It does prove how just a couple of players can totally change the style and quality of a team. You leave out James and Richarlison and Everton are as mediocre as most teams in the PL.

It does also show that we actually do have enough players in the team who could play a much more creative and attacking style. Having Almiron in it does totally change the style. The pace of him and ASM could really make is a pleasant watch if used correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Good result. I struggle to see how it can be described as a decent performance as it was still pretty grim to watch but it was still a fair result.

It does prove how just a couple of players can totally change the style and quality of a team. You leave out James and Richarlison and Everton are as mediocre as most teams in the PL.

It does also show that we actually do have enough players in the team who could play a much more creative and attacking style. Having Almiron in it does totally change the style. The pace of him and ASM could really make is a pleasant watch if used correctly.

It was a decent performance because we deserved to win the game. We created better chances than they did and missed a few we should have scored. 

Not exactly scintillating to watch but it was a controlled display, unlike some other games against better opposition this season when we have employed the same 3-5-2 system. 

Im normally as critical as ever of us but fair play, I know it was a weakened Everton team but we put some decent moves together and actually deserved the 3 points. The move where Longstaff nearly scored was the type of quality football we rarely play, same with the ASM chance.

Like the team he put out, although would probably prefer maybe Haydon in there for Hendrick. Almiron and Wilson were class, Fraser off the bench looked sharp. Remember Almiron did a orgsmic flick to ASM at one point.

• Like 1

We looked much better with Longstaff in there instead of Shelvey. I suspect Longstaff/Hayden might be our best pick in CM but Bruce has got such a boner for Hendrick we not see much of that combination. 

I’m really enjoying Murphy & Lewis as wing backs mind. 

Although I’m not really seeing the purpose of Hendrick & Id sooner incorporate Fraser into the starting 11.

Nice that Shelvey is out of the way for a bit too, he hasn’t been great. Typically lazy, arrogant performances. All fart and nee shite.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m really enjoying Murphy & Lewis as wing backs mind. 

Although I’m not really seeing the purpose of Hendrick & Id sooner incorporate Fraser into the starting 11.

Nice that Shelvey is out of the way for a bit too, he hasn’t been great. Typically lazy, arrogant performances. All fart and nee shite.

Saw some criticism of Lewis yesterday... I thought he’d had a good game till injury time...

Nice to see Longstaff back in putting something of a performance in.  It's probably as well as he's played in the premier league since Rafa left.  If he can get back to the performances of his first season then it could make a massive difference to our otherwise pedestrian midfield.

Hendrick has been pretty much as completely average as I expected (and my Burnley supporting brother in law told me he would be).  Longstaff on his game and Hayden would probably be the best pairing we could put out.

I did think we looked like we had some idea of what we were trying to do with our attacks on Sunday which made it much better to watch than the dross of the last couple of games.  It wasn't a brilliant match by ay stretch but it didn't make me want to poke my eyes out so I'll take that for now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Nice to see Longstaff back in putting something of a performance in.  It's probably as well as he's played in the premier league since Rafa left.  If he can get back to the performances of his first season then it could make a massive difference to our otherwise pedestrian midfield.

Hendrick has been pretty much as completely average as I expected (and my Burnley supporting brother in law told me he would be).  Longstaff on his game and Hayden would probably be the best pairing we could put out.

I did think we looked like we had some idea of what we were trying to do with our attacks on Sunday which made it much better to watch than the dross of the last couple of games.  It wasn't a brilliant match by ay stretch but it didn't make me want to poke my eyes out so I'll take that for now.

you have to take the little victories where you can :lol:

The first half was pretty dull apart from those two chances with the one ATM should have put away.

Second half was only a little better because of the penalty Gomes gave away to prevent the game ending goalless. But there was still little incentive to actually take part in a football match.

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

The first half was pretty dull apart from those two chances with the one ATM should have put away....

:lol:

I’m not convinced our very own Coq Sportif will be hugely fond of his stinky new moniker. 

But, as they say…

Sticks and stones,

May break my bones,

But,

It’s only smellz*

* look it up if you don’t know… on incognito mode. 😉

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

I’m not convinced our very own Coq Sportif will be hugely fond of his stinky new moniker. 

But, as they say…

Sticks and stones,

May break my bones,

But,

It’s only smellz*

* look it up if you don’t know… on incognito mode. 😉

His effort was totally shit tbh.

4 hours ago, Isegrim said:

The first half was pretty dull apart from those two chances with the one ATM should have put away.

Second half was only a little better because of the penalty Gomes gave away to prevent the game ending goalless. But there was still little incentive to actually take part in a football match.

Miserable twat.