Restaurant to stay clear of!

Smooth Operator

Paris, Texas along from Luckies in the toon.

Had heard good things about it, so went there last night with wor lass and the bairn. I got the Chicken Dijon which was the blandest thing ever to pass through my lips. Wor lasses pizza didn't look up to much and the bairns pizza of which I had a slice was minging, on top of that we had to wait 40 minutes for our meal. ;)

The waiter asked me if everything was alright as he cleared our plates away, I said, "No not really", so he knew not to expect a tip. It's funny how they don't want to know if you say you didn't enjoy it. :lol:

Edited by Smooth Operator

I went once years ago and it was fucking shit. It was Xmas time and it was quite a large works party which they took as an excuse to try and rip us off to the tune of about £50, never again.

It is shite but I can think of a fair few that are a lot worse. Mind, there's literally dozens of excellent restaurants in town now compared to 10 years ago, so there's no reason to slum it in a dump like that.

It is shite but I can think of a fair few that are a lot worse. Mind, there's literally dozens of excellent restaurants in town now compared to 10 years ago, so there's no reason to slum it in a dump like that.

92238[/snapback]

I'm sure AF was looking for a recommendation a while back.

Ten Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus - try 20, 30 or even 40 years ago.... the place was a bloody desert (or dessert??)

I think the big turnaround came when a lot of genuine Italian places opened around 1970 especially down Grey Street, then the Chinese in the 80's

Still a shortage of really top class spots for such a large, well heeled and well traveled population mind.................

Ten Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus - try 20, 30 or even 40 years ago.... the place was a bloody desert (or dessert??)

I think the big turnaround came when a lot of genuine Italian places opened around 1970 especially down Grey Street, then the Chinese in the 80's

Still a shortage of really top class spots for such a large, well heeled and well traveled population mind.................

92244[/snapback]

Who said yesterday, if you've been to the moon, Rob's been twice :lol:

Paris, Texas along from Luckies in the toon.

Had heard good things about it, so went there last night with wor lass and the bairn. I got the Chicken Dijon which was the blandest thing ever to pass through my lips. Wor lasses pizza didn't look up to much and the bairns pizza of which I had a slice was minging, on top of that we had to wait 40 minutes for our meal.  ;)

The waiter asked me if everything was alright as he cleared our plates away, I said, "No not really", so he knew not to expect a tip. It's funny how they don't want to know if you say you didn't enjoy it. :lol:

92196[/snapback]

Agreed, is certainly is rank there. We went for lunch a year or so ago when it was someone's leaving do (used to work just off John Dobson St) and even when the place was empty they still managed to completely fuck everything up. ;)

I know the location isn't very plush but they reckon that Little Italy that has just opened at the top of Heaton Rd is very n ice indeedy, cheap as well.

92284[/snapback]

I went there for my birthday lunch with work, was alright, cheap and cheerful. It only cost us £6 each for a starter, main, and drink.

Azurri on the quayside's nice, although it's quite tarty.

Has anyone been to this Rockafella place yet?  The one that the bloke off Hell's Kitchen opened (think that's what he was on).

92286[/snapback]

My wife went with her work and said it was pretty good iirc.

Nice place for lunch is that Cafe Pani (think that's what it's called) on the non-shop end of High Bridge.  Nice little Italian place.

92311[/snapback]

Aye it's spot on in there, it's Pani's btw not Pani.

I always go for the Chicken milanese when I go.

Had an interesting lunch there once, i was on a date with a lass and we were shown to our table and sitting on the table opposite was my recently made ex lass with all her mates and the lass I was with - one of my ex's best mates! ;);):lol: