Everton's keeper luck

Shearergol

First Martyn gets injured, putting Richard Wright in goal.

Then Richard Wright falls over a "don't warm up here sign" at Chelsea, and is out for 6 weeks.

Now their 3rd choice keeper (Iain Turner) has been sent off for handball.

:D

92767[/snapback]

Harsh that like... I'm sure they're allowed to do that...

Then Richard Wright falls over a "don't warm up here sign" at Chelsea, and is out for 6 weeks.

92767[/snapback]

92833[/snapback]

:( Not outside the box they're not ;)

92767[/snapback]

92833[/snapback]

:( Not outside the box they're not ;)

92835[/snapback]

Ahhh makes sense now! ;)

From .com

After an eventful game against Blackburn at the weekend saw them giving Premiership debuts to a pair of untried 'keepers, Everton have successfully applied for dispensation to bring in a more experienced number one ahead of their visit to Newcastle on Saturday week.

19 year-old debutant 'keeper John Ruddy was between the sticks as they beat Blackburn on Saturday - third-choice Iain Turner having been red-carded after just nine minutes of his Premiership debut, for handling outside his area.

Turner had been drafted into the side by David Moyes for his senior debut after Richard Wright injured himself in a midweek FA Cup replay at Chelsea, stumbling over a warning notice in the goalmouth in the pre-match warm up.

First choice Nigel Martyn is already out with an ankle injury, with Turner suspended for the game at SJP.

It had even been thought at one stage that Everton may have had to register their 46 year-old coach Chris Woods as a player to provide cover for rookie Ruddy.

Woods, who has appeared for Nottingham Forest, QPR, Norwich, Rangers, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Southampton, mackems, Kansas City and Burnley last played a first team game in May 1998.

That came at Turf Moor against Plymouth, with then-Clarets manager Chris Waddle naming himself on the subs bench where he sat alongside his assistant, a certain Glenn Roeder. 

PS - Also missing from the Toffees team that travels to Tyneside will be former Magpies forward Duncan Ferguson, who is banned after his antics in a recent game against Wigan.

Tony Hibbert and Phil Neville will also be sidelined with one-match bans after accruing five bookings

46!?

Is the Binman not involved at Everton anymore?

93920[/snapback]

One of the guys I work with and play 5-a-side with is best mates with Andy (drummer) from Razorlight and played for them in a celebrity football game held at Villa Park last year.

Southall was on the other team and he said he was fucking huge - as wide as he was tall! ;)

46!?

Is the Binman not involved at Everton anymore?

93920[/snapback]

One of the guys I work with and play 5-a-side with is best mates with Andy (drummer) from Razorlight and played for them in a celebrity football game held at Villa Park last year.

Southall was on the other team and he said he was fucking huge - as wide as he was tall! ;)

93924[/snapback]

Isn't Christian Pancorvo Razorlight's drummer, or am I going back too far? :razz: