Official Match thread: Newcastle v Deportivo

The Mighty Hog

Moore will be first choice centre back won't he? Won't Taylor be cover for fullback?

7206[/snapback]

Even though Taylor has been great at centre half i`m worried that Souness will play him at left back now and do what you say and play Moore in the middle.

7211[/snapback]

I think Taylor shows flashes of brilliance and utter stupidity.

7214[/snapback]

true.

Just got back and apologies if its already been said but if we dont get a left back we are in serious trouble. Elliot was awful, I dont think he made one pass all night.

We had no width on the right at all. Most of the time the front 3 were playing within 15 yrds of each other. Why did we play with two defensive midfielders again? Wouldnt it have made more sense to have had Midfield 3 of Bowyer, Parker and Emre with Zoggy and Milner further up field?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we looked a different team with 4-4-2. The whole side seemed to click into shape having previously been all over the place.

Souness take note!

I don't think Carr was fully fit myself, but he's not been good enough for some time.

We weren't that bad, played some good football in the first half. Emre looked really good, like him. Parker neat and tidy.

Awful individual error from Elliott and terrible time to concede their first goal, poor communication between back four and keeper.

He's sold the 2 players who transformed a one paced team into a team that got the ball behind defences, and not replaced them, so we are now .......

There is 3 weeks before the end of August. Get rid of the useless fucker now and at least a new manager might have a chance of a damage limitation exercise before the season starts.

Well done Souness. You have your team, we have the lowest placed team in a decade and are out of europe already too.

Edited by LeazesMag

We weren't that bad, played some good football in the first half. Emre looked really good, like him. Parker neat and tidy.

Awful individual error from Elliott and terrible time to concede their first goal, poor communication between back four and keeper.

7248[/snapback]

We were second best, inept in most departments, yet again Master tactician Sourness packed the midfield, not that he had a great amount of choice, no width, but again that's his fault, he got rid of players that could have done that job, failed in defence, not just one error by Elliott, but totally inept and had an absolute howler of a game. Yes Sourness you were forced to this selection due to injuries, but who sold the cover? You did.

For those who say we were not that bad, if that's all we've got I fear for our future in the premiership under this management team, yes Parker and Emre both had a good game, but that's what we should expect from a premier league team.

Shearer was alone in attack and Bowyer became increasingly frustrated with the lack of basic football skills playing beside him.

In summary the Master Tactician Mr Sourness produced another TFD. Beware, not long now till we visit Arsenal and play host to the SCUM, MR FAT CONTROLLER you need to act now, this is one of the worst starts and performances I have seen in a long time and sad to say I see no immediate chance of improvement.

Well done Sourness you are beginning to formulate a team that you can be proud of. Pity you seem to be among the minority.

I wonder who will now want to be away, if not now, at the end of the season?