The Zog is a cool customer & Solano is reborn

Rob W

Watching MOTD again he showed an alarming degree of coolness in getting himself in to score - against Pompey he waited and set himself up, yesterday he moved smoothly past 3 ball watching Villa defenders to place it

Its very early days but this is a lad with genuine goalscoring/poaching talent - I doubt he'll ever be a big Allchurch/Davies/Sir Les/Big Al type but I can see him playing off the big men - an Owen/Len White style of player - an old fashioned inside-left in other words

Solano looks like the player we sold last last - presumably Souness told him to "tuck in and stay off the wing" - in the last two games he's been going wide and causing all sorts of problems himself and must have trippled the opportunities for others in the box

Watching MOTD again he showed an alarming degree of coolness in getting himself in to score - against Pompey he waited and set himself up, yesterday he moved smoothly past 3 ball watching Villa defenders to place it

Its very early days but this is a lad with genuine goalscoring/poaching talent - I doubt he'll ever be a big Allchurch/Davies/Sir Les/Big Al type but I can see him playing off the big men - an Owen/Len White style of player - an old fashioned inside-left in other words

Solano looks like the player we sold last last - presumably Souness told him to "tuck in and stay off the wing" - in the last two games he's been going wide and causing all sorts of problems himself and must have trippled the opportunities for others in the box

93035[/snapback]

Both Nobby and souness have said he was being instructed to play that way. Which is typical, only souness would buy villa's player of the season and tell him to do the exact oppositte of what he was doing well at villa!!!

One of the best things about Zog is his coolness of finishing, he doesn't panic, he doesn't snatch at it and just places it low and away from the keeper, definite sign of class.

He has all the hallmarks of a potentially great player in my opinion.

93044[/snapback]

Nice pressure applied there.

93263[/snapback]

I've not actually told Charles myself ! :D

All it takes is for people to start believing that sort of hype and get on his back when he doesn't fulfill said expectations.

93327[/snapback]

Expect the worst, you'll never be disappointed.

How about supporting him, and hoping he'll go on to be a top class player?

I'll support him, but I'm not going to commit and say he's going to be a world beater because in all likelyness he won't be.

The way some people hype Steven Taylor is a joke. You would think he is one of the best centre-halves in the country the way some people go on. It's the same with Given, with people saying he's the best in the business etc. Such bias and high expectations can only lead to disappointment.

I'll support him, but I'm not going to commit and say he's going to be a world beater because in all likelyness he won't be.

The way some people hype Steven Taylor is a joke.  You would think he is one of the best centre-halves in the country the way some people go on.  It's the same with Given, with people saying he's the best in the business etc.  Such bias and high expectations can only lead to disappointment.

93352[/snapback]

You can't deny he's one of the best keepers in the premiership.

But now he can save penalties so he's the bestest in the world !!!1111111!!!OMGWTFROFLLOL

The way some people hype Steven Taylor is a joke.  You would think he is one of the best centre-halves in the country the way some people go on.  It's the same with Given, with people saying he's the best in the business etc.  Such bias and high expectations can only lead to disappointment.

93352[/snapback]

Your negativity about practically everything and everyone connected with the club is as senseless as the blind optimism shown by others.

I thank you........................

Hey did you see the Graet Gatsby  is on TV this week?  A steaming tale of violence set in Victorian London IIRC

93581[/snapback]

Is this your round about way of admitting you were wrong on that one?

:D