Sign in to follow this  
Rob W

Ordinary Boys - Madness rip off?

First album really decent, and I wouldn't say owt like Madness. Specials if anything, second album, not so good.

Also canny live.

He's dropped a clanger going on big brother though, hard to take anyone seriously after signing up to that.

I saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years back and thought they were canny, although this new (well, re-new) song is cack though. Are in danger of turning into a ska tribute band to be honest.

I saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years back and thought they were canny, although this new (well, re-new) song is cack though. Are in danger of turning into a ska tribute band to be honest.

93463[/snapback]

You're not wrong. Don't mind that song in small doses, but when it's on tv and radio every twenty minutes it gets a bit repetitive.

93463[/snapback]

That's what I thought they were when I heard the current single TBH

Is that a recomendation ??

I have the Madness Dangermen Sessions and that was a bit disapointing overall

Edited by Rob W

I think they knocked it out too quickly. I think there was less than a year between the first and second albums.

I'm all for getting the music out there, but maybe if they'd taken a little bit more timeover it, it would have been better.

First album really decent, and I wouldn't say owt like Madness. Specials if anything, second album, not so good.

Also canny live.

He's dropped a clanger going on big brother though, hard to take anyone seriously after signing up to that.

93455[/snapback]

I disagree, the exposure his band has got has been immense.

93455[/snapback]

If he hadn't been in Big Brother then 99% of people still would never have heard of his band.

Never, ever, ever, ever have anything to do with TV programmes

the wife's family work in it and they just stitch you up