Ordinary Boys - Madness rip off?

Rob W

First album really decent, and I wouldn't say owt like Madness. Specials if anything, second album, not so good.

Also canny live.

He's dropped a clanger going on big brother though, hard to take anyone seriously after signing up to that.

I saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years back and thought they were canny, although this new (well, re-new) song is cack though. Are in danger of turning into a ska tribute band to be honest.

93463[/snapback]

You're not wrong. Don't mind that song in small doses, but when it's on tv and radio every twenty minutes it gets a bit repetitive.

I saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years back and thought they were canny, although this new (well, re-new) song is cack though. Are in danger of turning into a ska tribute band to be honest.

93463[/snapback]

That's what I thought they were when I heard the current single TBH

I think they knocked it out too quickly. I think there was less than a year between the first and second albums.

I'm all for getting the music out there, but maybe if they'd taken a little bit more timeover it, it would have been better.

First album really decent, and I wouldn't say owt like Madness. Specials if anything, second album, not so good.

Also canny live.

He's dropped a clanger going on big brother though, hard to take anyone seriously after signing up to that.

93455[/snapback]

I disagree, the exposure his band has got has been immense.

93455[/snapback]

If he hadn't been in Big Brother then 99% of people still would never have heard of his band.