Craig Bellamy

Scottish Mag

You sir, are a complete fuckwit of the highest order if you think Shearer is very replaceable.

95450[/snapback]

I can only assume that his goals tally this season keeps you happy? 8 in 6 months is NOT a respectable total for a player of Shearers (now obviously gone) talents.

Given the choice of starting this season with Bellamy or Shearer I personally would have the former and would have wished the latter a happy and long retirement.

I fear that Shearer for the first time in his career has put his personal ambition (201 and counting) ahead of what is best for NUFC.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CrimsonFault
You sir, are a complete fuckwit of the highest order if you think Shearer is very replaceable.

95450[/snapback]

I can only assume that his goals tally this season keeps you happy? 8 in 6 months is NOT a respectable total for a player of Shearers (now obviously gone) talents.

Given the choice of starting this season with Bellamy or Shearer I personally would have the former and would have wished the latter a happy and long retirement.

I fear that Shearer for the first time in his career has put his personal ambition (201 and counting) ahead of what is best for NUFC.

95454[/snapback]

Obviously gone talents?

I think his only gone talent is his pace and stamina.

But, if youre going on about goals records, have a check at Bellamys goal record for us all together:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=10692

Not exactly Shearer material.

95450[/snapback]

95454[/snapback]

Obviously gone talents?

But, if youre going on about goals records, have a check at Bellamys goal record for us all together:

95455[/snapback]

No one has ever said Craig Bellamy is an out and out goalscorer.

No one has ever said that Alan Shearer in his prime was king of the goalscorers.

So what exactly, is your point, whatever it is, it seems to be an irrelevant comparison ...

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest CrimsonFault

No one has ever said that Alan Shearer in his prime was king of the goalscorers.

95457[/snapback]

So why exactly did we spend £15m on him? Because of his name?

95450[/snapback]

95454[/snapback]

Obviously gone talents?

95455[/snapback]

Compare this season. I'd guess without looking that Bellamy has scored more than Shearer (and Owen I think) this season.

Unfortunately Shearers BIG goal tallies are behind him so there's no point in calling for comparisons. Live for tomorrow - yesterdays goals though often spectacular (and many), are meaningless as in they can't improve our present position.

My only hope is that we now have, and will hopefully get, a more Shearer friendly manager who'll maintain the wingers and see Shearer depart with a respectable total.

95457[/snapback]

So why exactly did we spend £15m on him? Because of his name?

95458[/snapback]

I meant "wasn't" [as I'm sure everyone else realised .... ]

But you were making an irrelevant compariso with Bellamy ...

See Bellars scored a couple against the makems and celebrated his hardest in front of their supporters.

95378[/snapback]

Blackburn are 7th now and just one point off Arsenal who are 5th. If ever proof was needed that Souness is a shit manager who has now left three clubs in a much worse state than before, this is it (not that he was to blame for anything of course).

95382[/snapback]

That's very harsh. :o

The 2003-4 season, we finished 34 points behind Arsenal, this season we're just the 9 behind with a game in hand. :lol:

Isn't he Bellamy's replacement?'

95434[/snapback]

Bellamy was irreplacable - Shearer was very replaceable.

We should be playing Bellamy and Owen up front.

95443[/snapback]

UM as much of a fan I am of Bellamy the footballer, I think he and Owen up front wouldn't be good combination - we would look like the makems when they play their two midgets up front (ok it would be about a millions times better of a combination but you know what I mean).

When Shearer does finish up at the end of the season as much as who the manager is, who we sign to replace him and to pair with Owen up front will be a huge deciding factor on whether Owen stays another season.

One of the things that always makes me wonder is the fact that Shearer is cast as the big man in the partnership but if you look at when he and Sir Les were up front what role did Shearer play? It's only because he is older and slower now that he has been typecast into this role.

As I said in another thread Marlon Harewood would be the perfect foil for Owen next season. He's big, he's quick, he has a hell of a shot and doesn't mind sticking his head in there to get on the end of a cross (remind you of a former newcastle great?) - he and Owen could easily be the new Shearer/Ferdinand.

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

Bellamy and Owen would never have played together, because Bellamy would have flounced out before they got the chance. He threatened to flounce over Rooney, he threatened to flounce over Yakubu - the thought of Owen would have had him scurrying for the nearest door muttering I have to do whats best for Craig Bellamy.

95450[/snapback]

95454[/snapback]

there's only 1 word to describe people like you who slate shearer... buffoon

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

UM as much of a fan I am of Bellamy the footballer, I think he and Owen up front wouldn't be good combination - we would look like the makems when they play their two midgets up front (ok it would be about a millions times better of a combination but you know what I mean).

When Shearer does finish up at the end of the season as much as who the manager is, who we sign to replace him and to pair with Owen up front will be a huge deciding factor on whether Owen stays another season.

One of the things that always makes me wonder is the fact that Shearer is cast as the big man in the partnership but if you look at when he and Sir Les were up front what role did Shearer play? It's only because he is older and slower now that he has been typecast into this role.

As I said in another thread Marlon Harewood would be the perfect foil for Owen next season. He's big, he's quick, he has a hell of a shot and doesn't mind sticking his head in there to get on the end of a cross (remind you of a former newcastle great?) - he and Owen could easily be the new Shearer/Ferdinand.

95465[/snapback]

In footballing terms, strength isn't essential up front it depends how you play the ball out, all you need is a good outlet. The mobility of Bellamy and ability and determination to get to the ball first is the outlet, the same as it is playing the ball to Shearers body. Owen is really a penalty box player, the same as Shearer was in his prime, playing alongside Bellamy pace and mobility outside the box, it would be a great combination, if you have forwards who don't want the ball in the air its no big deal, neither do Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Man City to name 4.

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

Bellamy and Owen would never have played together, because Bellamy would have flounced out before they got the chance. He threatened to flounce over Rooney, he threatened to flounce over Yakubu - the thought of Owen would have had him scurrying for the nearest door muttering I have to do whats best for Craig Bellamy.

95471[/snapback]

the first time you posted more than about 4 words, now we know why.

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

95471[/snapback]

95510[/snapback]

He definitely spit his dummy out over Rooney like, despite what you may claim. And that was pre-Souness too.

Edited by alex

As an aside, re the "I have to do what's best for Craig Bellamy" thing, has anyone else noticed how many of the young footballers these days talk in the third person about themselves. I've heard Marlon Harewood and Reo-Coker doing it recently, and they must all be getting it off their agents. I can just imagine the agent's spiel being along the lines of "your main concern needs to be Nigel Reo-Coker, you have to do what's best for Nigel Reo-Coker" etc, and the players are so thick that they wheel out the same crap in interviews.

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

95471[/snapback]

95510[/snapback]

He definitely spit his dummy out over Rooney like, despite what you may claim. And that was pre-Souness too.

95512[/snapback]

said it before and I'll say it again...fancy wanting to actually play football for your club, [ and give everything to win], how terrible.....lets hound someone for not being happy to sit on the bench, play for the reserves or spend a week on the training ground and not bother turning up on match day.

People with this mentality must have loved it when Marcelino was here.

After the time we've had under Souness, I would have thought such fuckwit attitudes would have been buried for good.

He said in an interview on Sky he would have to consider his position as soon as we bid for Rooney rather than after a period sitting on the bench. If he cared as much for the club as he reckoned he would have been well advised to keep his own counsel to see what panned out though. Unfortunately he either hasn't got the brains to do that or he's more selfish than he makes out.

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

95471[/snapback]

95510[/snapback]

Leazes goes for his usual ignore the post go for the insult response. Next time why dont you try the tell me what I am thinking and then tell me I am an idiot for thinking it tactic

Edited by spongebob toonpants

He said in an interview on Sky he would have to consider his position as soon as we bid for Rooney rather than after a period sitting on the bench. If he cared as much for the club as he reckoned he would have been well advised to keep his own counsel to see what panned out though. Unfortunately he either hasn't got the brains to do that or he's more selfish than he makes out.

95516[/snapback]

He's a professional footballer, and Einstein didn't win football matches

Like I said, after the year we've had under fuckwit Souness and STILL people can't recognise priorities properly.......

I do understand your point about "keeping mouth shut" Alex, but you can't critcise footballers for wanting to actually PLAY and WIN - particularly so when someone plays for a season and a half with an injury causing great grief knowing his career could end every game he did play .....

Edited by LeazesMag

Wasting your time arguing with Leazes Mag about Craig Bellamy. The lad is a saint in his eyes, and it's perfectly acceptable when the club make a bid for one of the best players in the world for Bellamy to take the huff and "reconsider his position" at the club. That's how much he was "wanting to actually play football for (his) club, [ and give everything to win]".

Leazes is driving a Craig Bellamy juggernaut down a one-way street with a rose-tinted windscreen tbh.

Wasting your time arguing with Leazes Mag about Craig Bellamy.  The lad is a saint in his eyes, and it's perfectly acceptable when the club make a bid for one of the best players in the world for Bellamy to take the huff and "reconsider his position" at the club.  That's how much he was "wanting to actually play football for (his) club, [ and give everything to win]".

Leazes is driving a Craig Bellamy juggernaut down a one-way street with a rose-tinted windscreen tbh.

95521[/snapback]

Unlike your man Souness, he wasn't responsible for sending us tumbling down the league though

95434[/snapback]

95443[/snapback]

95471[/snapback]

95510[/snapback]

Leazes goes for his usual ignore the post go for the insult response. Next time why dont you try the tell me what I am thinking and then tell me I am an idiot for thinking it tactic

95519[/snapback]

only if its not worth a reply...and to be honest, the notion that a player who wants to actually PLAY is ever going to be bad to have in a football club is laughable and peddling such a joke statement defies belief

Another person who, despite the harsh lesson of Souness, STILL thinks a club of nice goody boys who say the right thing [while not meaning a word] is better than actually having players in the club with desire and determination to make the most of their ability and talent