Craig Bellamy

Scottish Mag

Wasting your time arguing with Leazes Mag about Craig Bellamy.  The lad is a saint in his eyes, and it's perfectly acceptable when the club make a bid for one of the best players in the world for Bellamy to take the huff and "reconsider his position" at the club.  That's how much he was "wanting to actually play football for (his) club, [ and give everything to win]".

Leazes is driving a Craig Bellamy juggernaut down a one-way street with a rose-tinted windscreen tbh.

95521[/snapback]

Unlike your man Souness, he wasn't responsible for sending us tumbling down the league though

95523[/snapback]

Irrelevant. Whether you like it or not, so don't come back telling me how it is relevant because Souness sold Bellamy etc. etc. Bellamy's Rooney outburst was pre-Souness, so you can't blame it all on him this time.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes man, things aren't black and white in the real world. Bellamy was a very good player for us on the pitch, but he had his faults off it which were often (in my view) to the detriment of the club. On balance though he was worth it, but unfortunately he clashed egos with Souness, who isn't great on man-management.

Similarly you won't have a bad word said against Shepherd. In my view he gives managers good financial backing and helps keep the club on a sound financial backing but fails in virtually every other way. That's why, in my opinion, the club does ok but doesn't fulfil it's potential when you consider the attendances, fanbase and transfer money and wages we spend.

It's totally fair enough if you disagree but do you have to keep dragging up imaginary quotes and putting people down who disagree? No offence mate, honestly.

Isn't he Bellamy's replacement?'

95434[/snapback]

Bellamy was irreplacable - Shearer was very replaceable.

We should be playing Bellamy and Owen up front.

95443[/snapback]

Bellamy and Owen would never have played together, because Bellamy would have flounced out before they got the chance. He threatened to flounce over Rooney, he threatened to flounce over Yakubu - the thought of Owen would have had him scurrying for the nearest door muttering I have to do whats best for Craig Bellamy.

95471[/snapback]

the first time you posted more than about 4 words, now we know why.

95510[/snapback]

Leazes goes for his usual ignore the post go for the insult response. Next time why dont you try the tell me what I am thinking and then tell me I am an idiot for thinking it tactic

95519[/snapback]

only if its not worth a reply...and to be honest, the notion that a player who wants to actually PLAY is ever going to be bad to have in a football club is laughable and peddling such a joke statement defies belief

Another person who, despite the harsh lesson of Souness, STILL thinks a club of nice goody boys who say the right thing [while not meaning a word] is better than actually having players in the club with desire and determination to make the most of their ability and talent

95525[/snapback]

Next time why dont you try the tell me what I am thinking and then tell me I am an idiot for thinking it tactic

It appears Leazes Mag does requests. :lol:

Next time why dont you try the tell me what I am thinking and then tell me I am an idiot for thinking it tactic

95519[/snapback]

only if its not worth a reply...and to be honest, the notion that a player who wants to actually PLAY is ever going to be bad to have in a football club is laughable and peddling such a joke statement defies belief

Another person who, despite the harsh lesson of Souness, STILL thinks a club of nice goody boys who say the right thing [while not meaning a word] is better than actually having players in the club with desire and determination to make the most of their ability and talent

95525[/snapback]

You are nothing if not predictable

Leazes man, things aren't black and white in the real world . Bellamy was a very good player for us on the pitch, but he had his faults off it which were often (in my view) to the detriment of the club. On balance though he was worth it, but unfortunately he clashed egos with Souness, who isn't great on man-management.

Similarly you won't have a bad word said against Shepherd. In my view he gives managers good financial backing and helps keep the club on a sound financial backing but fails in virtually every other way. That's why, in my opinion, the club does ok but doesn't fulfil it's potential when you consider the attendances, fanbase and transfer money and wages we spend.

It's totally fair enough if you disagree but do you have to keep dragging up imaginary quotes and putting people down who disagree? No offence mate, honestly.

95527[/snapback]

Very much in the real world Alex, on the contrary the idea that an Abramovic type figure is going to be ready and waiting to replace Fat Fred, and plough in more millions while taking no rewards and being a footballing expert at the same time[which appears to be what some people on here want despite all the odds being against it] is a fantasy if ever I heard one.

Shepherd does not fail in every other way, he appoints managers who look likely to succeed and backs them, nothing is a sure fire winner. As per your question yesterday, what will you say if Hiddink gets the job and fails? A shit appointment ?

How is a manager who wins the double, and the FA Cup a shit appointment ?

How is a manager who wins the FA Cup and leaves a team that goes on to more success a bad appointment? Who would you have got at the time instead of those two??? In the real world that is ! We've been through this a million times. I think some of you lot ought to get into the real world of football, why not tell us what your criteria is for choosing football managers instead of only criticising when things don't work out the way you want ?

The real world is realising that 88 clubs have nowhere near the record we do in the last decade .... and realising it is far easier to go backwards than forwards, again the lesson of the Souness era is still completely lost on some people who are coming across more and more like whinging manu fans every day.

95519[/snapback]

95525[/snapback]

95532[/snapback]

the irony.

6 words that time.

Leazes man, things aren't black and white in the real world. Bellamy was a very good player for us on the pitch, but he had his faults off it which were often (in my view) to the detriment of the club. On balance though he was worth it, but unfortunately he clashed egos with Souness, who isn't great on man-management.

95527[/snapback]

That's a damned good post and sums a lot of it up...

Very much in the real world Alex, on the contrary the idea that an Abramovic type figure is going to be ready and waiting to replace Fat Fred, and plough in more millions while taking no rewards and being a footballing expert at the same time[which appears to be what some people on here want despite all the odds being against it] is a fantasy if ever I heard one.

No one has said that they either want or expect that. You've simply made it up.

95527[/snapback]

95535[/snapback]

It's GREAT! :lol:

95519[/snapback]

95525[/snapback]

95532[/snapback]

the irony.

6 words that time.

95534[/snapback]

the irony.

6 words that time.

95527[/snapback]

95535[/snapback]

It's GREAT! :lol:

95538[/snapback]

Easy tiger.....you're getting a bit snobby and perpetual! :o

Expected a fanfare like the one Renton got the other week. Gutted tbh :(

95546[/snapback]

:nah: tbh

:o

95547[/snapback]

I supposed it's a lot more unusual when you make a GREAT post :angry:

:lol:

Bellamy is irreplaceable................and ends up at Blackburn!

I'm dying to know your explaination as to why Chelsea didn't buy him UM! :lol:

95518[/snapback]

Why did Chesea take a £4m loss on Parker? Why did Chelsea not want Emre? Why did Chelsea not want Owen?

Study the league table below and explain how Bellamy has moved to an inferiour Club. Yes NUFC get 52k every week - but Blackburn get more points and their leading striker has outscored ours. Given the perfect scenario Bellamy, Shearer Owen and Ameobi would be rotating as our front line - but you put a clueless cunt in charge and you can then easily see the damage that has been done to NUFC.

Team Pld Pts

Chelsea 26 66

Man Utd 26 54

Liverpool 26 51

Tottenham 26 45

Arsenal 26 41

West Ham 26 41

Blackburn 26 40

Bolton 24 39

Wigan 26 39

Man City 26 37

Everton 26 36

Charlton 25 33

Fulham 26 32

Newcastle 25 32

Aston Villa 26 30

M'brough 25 28

West Brom 26 26

Birmingham 25 20

Portsmouth 26 18

Sunderland 26 10

Form Guide | Full Table

He wasn't irreplaceable, there are plenty of other players just as good or better imo. I fail to see what the league table proves - he's better than Owen? You claimed previously O'Brien is better than Boumsong iirc, yet we're above Pompey.

He wasn't irreplaceable, there are plenty of other players just as good or better imo. I fail to see what the league table proves - he's better than Owen? You claimed previously O'Brien is better than Boumsong iirc, yet we're above Pompey.

95578[/snapback]

Also shows that Ameobi is better than Yakubu :lol:

Kinda

95578[/snapback]

I doubt Boumsong would get into Pompeys team.

Wasting your time arguing with Leazes Mag about Craig Bellamy.  The lad is a saint in his eyes, and it's perfectly acceptable when the club make a bid for one of the best players in the world for Bellamy to take the huff and "reconsider his position" at the club.  That's how much he was "wanting to actually play football for (his) club, [ and give everything to win]".

Leazes is driving a Craig Bellamy juggernaut down a one-way street with a rose-tinted windscreen tbh.

95521[/snapback]

Unlike your man Souness, he wasn't responsible for sending us tumbling down the league though

95523[/snapback]

Irrelevant. Whether you like it or not, so don't come back telling me how it is relevant because Souness sold Bellamy etc. etc. Bellamy's Rooney outburst was pre-Souness, so you can't blame it all on him this time.

95526[/snapback]

IF it's irrelevant, it isn't any more so than your post, because all it was, was a reply

ie..the reason I would maybe have "rose tinted specs" is because he did well for the club, ie, I would tend to have "rose tinted specs" for people that do well for the club, for instance Tony Green, Peter Beardsley, Keegan etc etc

Not for people who are shite, crap, incompetent and a waste of space ie Souness, Bill McGarry, Arsprilla, Marcelino etc

Edited by LeazesMag

95527[/snapback]

95535[/snapback]

Well, firstly the current board at any club are responsible for putting bums on seats, hence the full house every week, so they must be doing something right, which takes care of the fanbase, attendances, therefore the sound financial backing and therefore wages and transfer money, as it all comes together.

The fact that we are the 89th or 90th most financially rich, is also down to the board, coupled with the fact that in the last decade about 87 or 88 clubs have not arguably [at least] achieved as much as us ie Europe 7 years, 2 Cup Finals, the buying of England players, the development of the stadium and the building of the new training complex and facilities....... its not that far short of our "potential". [in comparison with the fact that our previous boards, and those of other clubs also have "potential" but don't attempt to realise it quite so much as Fred]

However, I bet you don't accept that, and still think an Abramovic type figure who will put millions in, take nothing out and is a footballing brain is still waiting in the wings to do better ..... not that I'm saying I don't wish for the same, but the difference is I'm realistic and you aren't.

I'm still waiting for an answer as to how much better qualified a manager we can get than someone who has won the double, FA Cup and title again with another club .... what do you think is not good enough in that for us ???????? Nor the FA Cup winner who left a team that went on to win more ..... failing this, please tell us your alternative criteria ?